Deer with Covid - Sasquatch?

Madison5716

Since sasquatch seem to be on the human family tree - somewhere - I found this interesting.

Deer with Covid - so I suppose the sasquatch species could catch it from the deer if humans can.

Maybe we will find a body yet... and what a problematic find that could be, with the virus passed back and forth among species. 

Deer in study show 'stunning' rate of COVID. How'd they get it? What's it mean? : Goats and Soda : NPR

• Upvote 2

If BF were ever prevalent in the Americas I would not be surprised to learn the die off started in relation to Human disease.    I’d find that more believable than human predation.  Big IF though.

There are examples in history, even recent history. People A visit B, A has natural immunity to certain diseases. A and B do the nasty, infecting B with A's diseases. B gets the disease and suffers much worse than A.

Allegedly, small pox and measles coming to the western hemisphere reduced the population by 70% over a few generations.

Any population exposed was wasted away. That's significant selection pressure.

The closer bigfoot is to homo sapiens, the easier it should be to share infection, eh? Seems pretty straight forward anyway. Any population that has contact with modern humans gets modern human disease and is wiped out. Any that don't are left to the other pressures, but at least don't have this one.

2 hours ago, Doodler said:

There are examples in history, even recent history. People A visit B, A has natural immunity to certain diseases. A and B do the nasty, infecting B with A's diseases. B gets the disease and suffers much worse than A.

Allegedly, small pox and measles coming to the western hemisphere reduced the population by 70% over a few generations.

Those blankets didn't help the matter either.

There was a theory floating around that the Sasquatch population took a hit along with the Native Americans due to smallpox.

I don’t subscribe to that theory.  If there was a sudden and massive die off…it seems that remains would have been easier to find somewhere.  Some settler would have stumbled over a pile of bodies and at least taken a skull for the cabin wall.  

• Upvote 1