Unusual Odors?

Tylo

I recall hearing a guy on YouTube say that he thought a Sasquatch in his area put out a scent of vanilla. A few people mention a floral fragrance that they thought was associated with Sasquatch activity.  I'm wondering if any of you have also detected distinctive unusual odors that you thought were Sasquatch related?  I know I had the rotten fish/rancid oil/skunk stench once in Wisconsin, it made me incredibly nauseous and it was during a night that there was a wall of dense fog.  I do know that scents waft around in outdoor areas, I could smell a floral fragrance today floating around the yard about forty feet from my Korean Spice Viburnum. Have any of you had odd olfactory experiences that you connect to Sasquatch?

19 hours ago, Tylo said:

I recall hearing a guy on YouTube say that he thought a Sasquatch in his area put out a scent of vanilla. A few people mention a floral fragrance that they thought was associated with Sasquatch activity.  I'm wondering if any of you have also detected distinctive unusual odors that you thought were Sasquatch related?  I know I had the rotten fish/rancid oil/skunk stench once in Wisconsin, it made me incredibly nauseous and it was during a night that there was a wall of dense fog.  I do know that scents waft around in outdoor areas, I could smell a floral fragrance today floating around the yard about forty feet from my Korean Spice Viburnum. Have any of you had odd olfactory experiences that you connect to Sasquatch?

I have heard this also.

8 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Just a slight musty smell, not like a bear, kinda on the sweeter end of a musty wild animal. 

I've encountered that smell numerous times on a particular ridge I used to hunt often, a couple of decades ago. I always thought it was a bear, as they were very common in that area. Sort of a rich wet dog odor.

@Skinwalker13 @BC witness Yes, I would expect a wild animal odor, that makes sense.  I was wondering if anyone else detected other unusual/unexpected odors.  Jumping around the internet since 2013 I've read or heard people stating that they thought out-of-place odors were connected to Sasquatch activity.  Floral or a spice???

@Doug  It's interesting to read and hear such things.  It's like people describing eye glow instead of shine.  Different colors, too. Yellow, orange, red, blue, green, purple.  Something I keep in mind.  I also think many of these informal reports and videos are now gone from the internet.  Photos seem to be removed as well.  I wonder if that is due to Google dumping what they deem to be irrelevant information.

2 hours ago, BC witness said:

I've encountered that smell numerous times on a particular ridge I used to hunt often, a couple of decades ago. I always thought it was a bear, as they were very common in that area. Sort of a rich wet dog odor.

not quite wet dog on my end, it smelled kinda sweet but musty.  not a sour smell like  a wet dog. think like a dogwood blooms mixed with a musk. black bear smell more rotten and foul at least out here in the east.

@Skinwalker13The sweet part of that odor is interesting to me. I've detected a sweet smell from dead animals during summer, my neighbor the farmer would dump dead hogs in a ditch.  A nasty sight.

• 1 month later...

The Q focuses on odors attracting Bigfoot.   Let’s focus on the reverse.     Roger Patterson said Bigfoot is really smelly like a wet dog.   Others have mentioned this.    

might the smell of Patty - the stink- be a way to find Bigfoot.   If I’m lost in the woods a search plane might miss me.  If I light a smoky signal fire they can spot my smoke signals.   Couldn’t this same thing be applied to the odor of Bigfoot?   If there was a way to detect odors from afar perhaps this would make it easier to spot Bigfoot.  It would be a bread crumb trail leading to the target.

1 hour ago, Bigcathunter said:

Smells like 1990’s skunk cannabis straight up.

to some that is a beautiful scent ..... 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bigcathunter said:

Now there is something I definitely believe in. 😃 

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2022 at 12:12 PM, Skinwalker13 said:

Just a slight musty smell, not like a bear, kinda on the sweeter end of a musty wild animal. 

That’s what I hear it’s a musty smell.

12 hours ago, Bigcathunter said:

Then that means, I have one living next door....

11 hours ago, CelticKevin said:

Then that means, I have one living next door....

Well I doubt it as the road kill skunk cannabis of the 90’s has pretty much been bred out of existence. If you smelled that it was either a Sasquatch or real skunk weed lol. It was so pungent you could smell it through a car window. That is what Sasquatch smells like. As a longtime stoner, if I smell that scent again I will probably charge toward it because I will probably find what aim looking for be it squatch or skunk weed.

2 hours ago, Bigcathunter said:

Well I doubt it as the road kill skunk cannabis of the 90’s has pretty much been bred out of existence. If you smelled that it was either a Sasquatch or real skunk weed lol. It was so pungent you could smell it through a car window. That is what Sasquatch smells like. As a longtime stoner, if I smell that scent again I will probably charge toward it because I will probably find what aim looking for be it squatch or skunk weed.

We call it "BC God Bud" and it still exists.