Dream team and dream location....

CelticKevin

Admin
5 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Do we have civilian owners of these drones without the missile ? 

Probably. but you can't afford it...

12 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Probably. but you can't afford it...

Don't really need it. Anything from a Cessna 150 on up is all the aerial platform you'd need. The ability to fly at night (instruments) and the necessary surveillance electronics would be easily mounted into a high strut airplane. The bottom line is that such an aerial approach is pretty limited to possibly giving sasquatch hunters a high probability of a sasquatch being in an area at a particular time, and that would still require lots of flying time in a densely forested area with the hope of catching one out from under the canopy on a beach or in a meadow. Fresh footprints pretty much accomplish the same thing. The Patterson/Gimlin approach of patrolling along a river (moving upwind) might be as successful, and certainly cheaper. Finding fresh prints sets the table for hunt strategies.

My dream team doesn't exist. I'd contract with professionals for support; aerial, marine, evidence recieving/analysis, etc.

My dream location is extreme southeast Alaska, primarily Misty Fjords National Monument and Wilderness, but if the National Park Service became a problem I'd reluctantly and sadly shift operations to Prince of Wales Island, Kuiu Island, Etolin Island, Zarembo Island, Kupreanof Island, Wrangell Island, Mitkof Island, or Revillagegedo Island.......in that order.

My preferred strategy in Misty Fjords would be based on a live aboard boat (36'-60') and extended foot patrols up river valleys looking for footprints along with nighttime surveillance at anadromous river mouths and good clam bed beaches. A good expedition period would be eight months, from the beginning of April through November. 

• Upvote 2

At this moment in time...

Ape Island or the cabin in remote Canada where Jeff Meldrum's screwboard retrieved a blood sample.

I would keep the group small...

Jeff Meldrum - knowledge and cool head

Justin Chernipeski - enthusiasm and experience as outdoor guide and forest ranger/wildwood firefighter, knowledge of firearms and cool head

Ken Walker - knowledge, outdoorsman and hunting experience, combo of science and woo

If possible, John Bindernagle - knowledge and enthusiasm

Hopefully one of those have tracking abilities. If not, I would be open for one of you in this group with great tracking abilities and a cool head!

7 minutes ago, Annie Nore said:

At this moment in time...

Ape Island or the cabin in remote Canada where Jeff Meldrum's screwboard retrieved a blood sample.

I would keep the group small...

Jeff Meldrum - knowledge and cool head

Justin Chernipeski - enthusiasm and experience as outdoor guide and forest ranger/wildwood firefighter, knowledge of firearms and cool head

Ken Walker - knowledge, outdoorsman and hunting experience, combo of science and woo

If possible, John Bindernagle - knowledge and enthusiasm

Hopefully one of those have tracking abilities. If not, I would be open for one of you in this group with great tracking abilities and a cool head!

Sorry, I guess I should have said Vancouver Island.

SSR Team

Olympic Project Nest Area, myself Mr Norseman and Mr Hunster, two weeks, with someone dropping us in sausages and steaks to BBQ each night and we'd get the job done, no doubt in my mind. :) 

Oh ok, i'll add Corson, Hale and Spencer in there too for the crack ! :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Since we are dreaming.1967 Bluff creek October 20th with Patterson and Gimlin. 

Also with Lord Hunt in the Nepal. 

• Thanks 1