Info Request - Shoot-Out @ Honobia

Branco

In searching for the field investigation report that the BFRO at one time had posted about the two men that shot a BF near Honobia (Le Flore Co), Oklahoma, I was unable to access it again. Does anyone know if it is hidden somewhere on their site, or if it has been removed? Or maybe placed in a members only section? Appreciate any info.

In searching for the field investigation report that the BFRO at one time had posted about the two men that shot a BF near Honobia (Le Flore Co), Oklahoma, I was unable to access it again. Does anyone know if it is hidden somewhere on their site, or if it has been removed? Or maybe placed in a members only section? Appreciate any info.

I once raised the issue at the BFRO that reports once posted about violent interactions with bigfoot seemed to have been scrubbed from the site. That caused a stink. It's one thing to objectively collect and post reports. It's another to collect reports and then publish only those that support your agenda.

Edited to add, but it looks like they still have the Honobia bit up.

Is this it?

Edited by JDL

SSR Team

If i remember rightly, they were growing Crops so the Deer would come, the Deer would come, they would shoot at the Deer, the Deer would run off & the BF's started to associate the Gun Shots with the Dinner Bell as the Deer would run right into them..

Something close to that anyway..

Guest HairyGreek

I once raised the issue at the BFRO that reports once posted about violent interactions with bigfoot seemed to have been scrubbed from the site. That caused a stink. It's one thing to objectively collect and post reports. It's another to collect reports and then publish only those that support your agenda.

Edited to add, but it looks like they still have the Honobia bit up.

Is this it?

Yeah, read this one before a few months back when I was looking up the more violent encounters. This one is creepy as all get-out (whatever that means...). :ph34r:

If this is the incidence that was covered in the book Impossible Visits, then it eventually ended when deer stopped getting shot and biggie moved on when it became clear that free dinner had ended for him.

Edited by HODS

Guest PaulGT3

Wow, that was a weird report. All kinds of BF activity including trying to break in to the house and then in a couple weeks DONE!

First of all is hunting dear off your porch (or your Porsche) legal? Here you have to have a tag for a certain area. The chances of you getting a tag in your

own yard would be tough. You would have to show Damage to your property or livelyhood to get by a warden without a tag. Spotlighting is illegal in California, although

I hear in Humbolt if the deer is eating your MJ patch you can shoot it if you give the law enforcement free weed. (just kidding he would have to have a MJ medical card!!)

It that their shooting is suspect. They can hit these little guys at 100 yards but missed every time they aimed at a 10 foot tall 4 foot wide 1000 lb squatch sitting on their own porch (or Porsche)

Lastly I am from East Texas and I dont remember too many mountains up there just a stones throw from where I grew up.

Weird.

Edited by PaulGT3

If i remember rightly, they were growing Crops so the Deer would come, the Deer would come, they would shoot at the Deer, the Deer would run off & the BF's started to associate the Gun Shots with the Dinner Bell as the Deer would run right into them..

Something close to that anyway..

Close, but the problem was more pervasive than that. The BF on at least one occasion raided a deer hunt in progress by following the hunters and making off with a shot deer. The BF would come right up to their houses and steal deer from deep freezes outside. They would also harass the houses with bangs on the walls and such. IIRC (it's been awhile), at least one "home invasion" was attempted as well.

The contacts were becoming more and more frequent and intense and the locals were becoming fearful for their safety. Keep in mind that the Midwestern sas has a rep for being temperamental or worse on occasion.

The BFRO was contacted for information. At first, the BFRO was thrilled to have people reporting repeated, sustained contact with BF (NOT "habituation", a la Coy/Green though) and made a big deal about being willing to do whatever they could.

Things went sour when the BFRO started pushing to bring in a big investigative effort over a longer term. The locals wanted nothing to do with that; they wanted the BF to go away and leave them alone. Things came to a head at the so-called "Seige of Honobia" where reportedly the BF came around one of the houses in significant numbers and a fight broke out with one BF shot and possibly killed.

As I recall, after that the BFRO started saying some rather uncharitable things about the Honobians and their situation, and the Honobians in turn basically ordered the BFRO to get off their land. At one point (this is from memory), the BFRO investigators on hand at the siege tried to paint the Honobians as dangerous and reckless loose cannons. The Honobians for their part (again from memory) said that the investigators did little but get in the way and spent most of their time hunkered down in their vehicle or the house.

The whole thing turned into a great big "he said, he said" and eventually the BFRO distanced themselves entirely from Honobia, implying that the whole thing was a hoax on the Honobian's part. It was BF politics at it's worst.

Anyone interested in reading more can sign up as a member of Timberghost's board (he was in the middle of the situation) here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Kiamichi_Giants/index.php?

Registration is free.

If this is the incidence that was covered in the book Impossible Visits, then it eventually ended when deer stopped getting shot and biggie moved on when it became clear that free dinner had ended for him.

The worst of the harassment stopped, but activity in the area is ongoing...see Timberghost's site I linked to above...

Guest Biggie

Yeah, read this one before a few months back when I was looking up the more violent encounters. This one is creepy as all get-out (whatever that means...). :ph34r:

Makes me wonder if it was rabid.

Guest HairyGreek

Makes me wonder if it was rabid.

I believe that the activity lasted too long for Rabies to be a factor, but I could be wrong. Interesting thought.

I have met Timberghost on a few occasions and he is a very serious person when he tells you about how things were. Still a lot of pain from the harrassment endured by the family after the unwanted publicity got out and how it was written in Thom Powell's "The Locals" without the author asking their side of the story. To hear first hand about dropping a squatch with a head shot and how other squatch carried it off. They are still in the area ten years later. I have experienced them.

I have met Timberghost on a few occasions and he is a very serious person when he tells you about how things were. Still a lot of pain from the harrassment endured by the family after the unwanted publicity got out and how it was written in Thom Powell's "The Locals" without the author asking their side of the story. To hear first hand about dropping a squatch with a head shot and how other squatch carried it off. They are still in the area ten years later. I have experienced them.

And there are several scattered up and down the Arkansas side of the state line. And a few of those have relatively recently become very agressive as well.