11 x 7 inch track in OKC urban wildlife refuge.

OkieFoot

I apologize, this will have to be a link to a pic of a track since I kept getting an error message that I couldn't save the pic.

https://sites.google.com/site/nativeokbigfootresearch/evidence

The pics I posted this for are the first two: the track measuring 11 inches in length and 7 inches wide at the ball of the foot. It was discovered by members of NOBRO, (Native Oklahoma Bigfoot Research Org.) back in March of this year. I think I've mentioned NOBRO before on here.

The track is very wide at the ball of the foot compared to the length. However, one problem with this track is where it was found. It was discovered in the Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge, which is a 1,000 acre urban wilderness area at the NW edge of Oklahoma City. It isn't one of these isolated refuges that takes a while to drive to. There area lot of woods, a couple of large, oversized ponds/very small lakes for fishing, kayaking, archery hunting for deer in certain areas, and hiking trails. 

The North Canadian river flows through the refuge and the track was found at the edge of the river, along the shoreline. There is a road that goes along the river but not right next it. The NOBRO people had been hiking and being a Bigfoot research group, obviously knew along a shoreline was a place to look for tracks. Back in April-2019, they discovered a trackway of 10" tracks on the refuge, although it was not said just where on the refuge it was found. 

A couple of miles to the east of the refuge is a small airport. A mile or two to the south and SE, are housing subdivisions. It's more open to the north and NW, but there are scattered businesses etc. And 1-2 miles to the west is a turnpike that runs N/S, and it crosses over the north end of the refuge, in a more narrow part.

It just seems like a very unlikely location to be connected to Bigfoot.

NOBRO wasn't pushing the track as a possible Bigfoot track; they only said it was "intriguing".

One interesting comment was below the map they showed as to where the track was located in the refuge.

"Location of 11x7 inch footprint on river shoreline. There were other prints out in the water where it crossed the river." 

If the 11x7 in. print is a human footprint, I would be very curious where they find shoes. ;)

At right in the link to the NOBRO page is a pic showing what they called "toe slides".

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

I apologize, this will have to be a link to a pic of a track since I kept getting an error message that I couldn't save the pic.

https://sites.google.com/site/nativeokbigfootresearch/evidence

The pics I posted this for are the first two: the track measuring 11 inches in length and 7 inches wide at the ball of the foot. It was discovered by members of NOBRO, (Native Oklahoma Bigfoot Research Org.) back in March of this year. I think I've mentioned NOBRO before on here.

The track is very wide at the ball of the foot compared to the length. However, one problem with this track is where it was found. It was discovered in the Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge, which is a 1,000 acre urban wilderness area at the NW edge of Oklahoma City. It isn't one of these isolated refuges that takes a while to drive to. There area lot of woods, a couple of large, oversized ponds/very small lakes for fishing, kayaking, archery hunting for deer in certain areas, and hiking trails. 

The North Canadian river flows through the refuge and the track was found at the edge of the river, along the shoreline. There is a road that goes along the river but not right next it. The NOBRO people had been hiking and being a Bigfoot research group, obviously knew along a shoreline was a place to look for tracks. Back in April-2019, they discovered a trackway of 10" tracks on the refuge, although it was not said just where on the refuge it was found. 

A couple of miles to the east of the refuge is a small airport. A mile or two to the south and SE, are housing subdivisions. It's more open to the north and NW, but there are scattered businesses etc. And 1-2 miles to the west is a turnpike that runs N/S, and it crosses over the north end of the refuge, in a more narrow part.

It just seems like a very unlikely location to be connected to Bigfoot.

NOBRO wasn't pushing the track as a possible Bigfoot track; they only said it was "intriguing".

One interesting comment was below the map they showed as to where the track was located in the refuge.

"Location of 11x7 inch footprint on river shoreline. There were other prints out in the water where it crossed the river." 

If the 11x7 in. print is a human footprint, I would be very curious where they find shoes. ;)

At right in the link to the NOBRO page is a pic showing what they called "toe slides".

Wow those are great! The toe slides are pretty compelling. Nice work and you guys have a pretty cool website, keep up the good work

Perhaps this might fit in the Field forum. Just a quick historical note, this is an area that has produced much evidence, like some other urban parks. There's been discussion of it years back on these forums. I've been there and got interesting audio, which I think I posted before, long time ago. In short, it seems to be commonly known for activity. I thought you'd have known it for sure, Okie, I'd love to see a dedicated OK thread.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JKH said:

Perhaps this might fit in the Field forum. Just a quick historical note, this is an area that has produced much evidence, like some other urban parks. There's been discussion of it years back on these forums. I've been there and got interesting audio, which I think I posted before, long time ago. In short, it seems to be commonly known for activity. I thought you'd have known it for sure, Okie, I'd love to see a dedicated OK thread.

JKH, your comment jogged my memory; I had forgotten about this. BFRO report #69006 is a dusk sighting from Stinchcomb Refuge. The witness saw a hair covered figure near the river's edge. This was also along the River Road, which is where the 11"x7" track was found.

The report shows his sighting was April 15, 2019. NOBRO discovered the trackway of 10 inch tracks on April 13, 2019. 

I'll have to look and see if I can somehow figure out where the figure was seen compared to where the 11x7 track was found.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=69006

• Upvote 1

Here is a screenshot of a Google aerial view of part of the Stinchcomb Refuge. From looking at the NOBRO map, and using my best estimate, the red arrow is pointing to where the 11x7 inch track was found.

984067344_Stinchcombtrack.thumb.png.9bd049fedbbf3d0cc382f2312c8be5a0.png

• Like 1

I did some more looking as far as the location of the 11x7 track compared to the location of the dusk sighting. I read the BFRO report again and the witness said he went up the path to where the powerlines cross the river. He also said the bank drops 15 ft. to the river at that spot, and as he approached that area, he saw an all black figure below at the river's edge, a little distance away.

I retained the (mostly) red arrow that points to the where the 11x7 track was found and added a blue arrow that points to where the powerline crosses the river. You can also see where the powerline is in the screenshot in the above post; it's the straight, narrow, open line running NE/SW. 

It's very interesting when you look at how close together the sighting location is to the track location. Although the sighting did happen three years before the 11x7 track was discovered.

455215743_Stinchcombsightingandtrack3.thumb.png.c56d3c9922f73ecc2c94427f1521f578.png

The first pic is a closer up shot of the power line crossing the N. Canadian River in Stinchcomb Refuge. It gives a little better idea of what it looks like in the area where the witness said he saw a black figure at the river's edge.

In the second shot, you can see where the power line crosses the River Road hiking trail the witness was walking on. I wonder if the witness may have turned off the River Road at the open strip under the power line, and walked towards the river. It's just a short distance to the river and it's open all the way to the river. And it's open along the top of the banks for a short distance downstream. He mentions getting a nice view of the river below, so I wonder if he could have been standing somewhere along the edge of the light colored dirt bank we see in the second pic, just a bit upstream from where the power line crosses the river. 

He said the figure was a little distance away and the power line crosses the river just a bit downstream from where I think he was. So it seems like the black figure must have been  somewhere downstream a short ways; somewhere along the banks we see in these aerial shots. 

I go down to Hughes County every Memorial day to visit two cemeteries and I cross the North Canadian River going and coming back. This would be about 100 miles E/SE of the Stinchcomb Refuge. Today there was no traffic at all so I slowed down when I  crossed the river so I could look up and downstream.

It looks very much like the river does in Stinchcomb; trees down close to edge but not right to the water. I can easily see a 15 ft. bank along the river, like the eyewitness mentions. There was 10-12 ft. bank a ways downstream, and a couple of 5-7 ft. banks just a short distance upstream. 

1365563481_stinchcombpowerline.thumb.png.6c6288b371f4f00f716796b822de1aca.png

1683182731_stinchcombpowerline2.thumb.png.cc22baf8f9571085acc6e502177d05ac.png

• Upvote 1

I certainly don't discount it just because it's close to town. My first experience was close to my own town's edge. I absolutely believe they travel the rivers at night, so it's possible that that land is traditionally used by them and us "newcomers" over the past 200 or 300 years have moved into their habitat. Fascinating. Nice researching, @OkieFoot!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

google Oklahoma City Bigfoot and you will find a podcast about a woman who lives beside the refuge that had no idea she had Bigfoot until strange gifts started showing up in front of her garage door for the Birdseed they were eating.  There is also a structer on Googlo maps of a bigfoot lodge. 

@OkieFoot

Are there six toes in these tracks? cause, it sure looks like it. I can see a faint pinky in some of those tracks. The other thing that I have notice is that that the toe's look like they have long toenails. They might even be claws, like what a dog claw might look like. But then I am only looking at it from a picture. I was not on the scene where one can really look at it in person.

The tracks that I have found have always been found by me placing my fingers where the toes are. You could see a track in the leafy terrain, but to confirm if it was a track you would have to place your finger where you believe the toes would be. I have only found maybe two clear tracks where it was cast in my area. You have some great tracks there. 

• 5 months later...

First interview in this show is from the OK spot of this discussion, excellent observations. I recall talking about kayaking in this region would surely provide interesting evidence. I don't think I'd advise or attempt it anymore. :guitar:

Edited by JKH