Valley of the Apes: The Search for Sasquatch in Area X

CelticKevin

On 6/29/2022 at 5:17 PM, norseman said:

There won’t be. They have traded off the rifle for a camera. Heard it on Cliff and Bobo.

Yep. The no-kill crowd can rejoice. The logic for the switch back to cameras seems sound. The sightings are so brief, a few seconds at most, it makes raising the gun, identifying the target and getting an accurate shot away very difficult indeed. Especially when sightings are usually unexpected. 

22 minutes ago, MarkGlasgow said:

Yep. The no-kill crowd can rejoice. The logic for the switch back to cameras seems sound. The sightings are so brief, a few seconds at most, it makes raising the gun, identifying the target and getting an accurate shot away very difficult indeed. Especially when sightings are usually unexpected. 

Sound? About the same difficulty as a camera…. Except one proves the creature real to science, while the other just adds to the century old file of “cool story bro”.

• Upvote 2

The NAWAC has not gone solely to a camera corps group.  It is true that a considerable more emphasis has been put in the documentation of this creature via cameras, both digitally by members posting and ghillied up and also with static cameras via camera traps.  They also have collection teams with firearms.  

As was mentioned previously, they've spent thousands of dollars in previous years on cameras for camera traps in different locations that were not fruitful there also.

Edited by okieman
added more information

Admin

I'm sure @Hairy Man would be happy to give us an update on what NAWAC is up to. :)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MarkGlasgow said:

.........The logic for the switch back to cameras seems sound. The sightings are so brief, a few seconds at most, it makes raising the gun, identifying the target and getting an accurate shot away very difficult indeed. Especially when sightings are usually unexpected. 

Perhaps so, but the resultant pic/video will not move the ball. So enjoy the carnival atmosphere and pennies such pics return, but don't expect a place in history with Lewis, Clark, Stellar, or DuChaillu.

.......The no-kill crowd can rejoice.........

Emotion is expected from the emotional crowd.

16 hours ago, okieman said:

The NAWAC has not gone solely to a camera corps group.  It is true that a considerable more emphasis has been put in the documentation of this creature via cameras, both digitally by members posting and ghillied up and also with static cameras via camera traps.  They also have collection teams with firearms.  

As was mentioned previously, they've spent thousands of dollars in previous years on cameras for camera traps in different locations that were not fruitful there also.

Thats not what Coyler said on the podcast. But if your right? I welcome the news.

22 hours ago, norseman said:

Sound? About the same difficulty as a camera…. Except one proves the creature real to science, while the other just adds to the century old file of “cool story bro”.

They either disagree and think the switch to camera will be more fruitful or they have simply accepted that after years of trying they just can't bag one. 

I've listened to a few Daryl Colter interviews recently and he makes his case for the switch pretty well. 

Daryl personally has made the switch to cameras.  There are still teams designated as collection teams that carry long guns with the intent to take one down.

So how much does Area X change our opinion on Government exposure?

One if the biggest counterpoints of government acceptance is the effects of BF exposure on national parks.   People afraid of BF, and people rushing in to “bag” a BF.

So Area X almost proves a point I always had.   Admittance of BF does not make them any easier to detect.   And while for a short time there may be more idiots in the woods hunting them, eventually the lack of success will dwindle the numbers.    Acceptance of BF as a specious in no way makes them more susceptible.    After the initial onslaught,   National parks and woods go back to normal.    Then BF as a species can slooowly be accepted and understood.    Very slowly obviously.   IDK? Just my thoughts.  

56 minutes ago, Twist said:

........Admittance of BF does not make them any easier to detect.   And while for a short time there may be more idiots in the woods hunting them, eventually the lack of success will dwindle the numbers.    Acceptance of BF as a specious in no way makes them more susceptible.    After the initial onslaught,   National parks and woods go back to normal........

While admittance doesn't make them any easier to detect, realization by the public increases the hunting pressure exponentially. It's just like broadcasting how good the deer hunting is in a particular area. I guarantee it won't stay that way for long. Increasingly, unless it's an area that's private land or requires an air taxi operator to get you there (and even then in lots of cases), hunting video operators try to guard locations to preserve them from the very folks they're trying to sell the videos to. 

After the initial onslaught, but more importantly, after the criminal prosecutions of those shooting sasquatches, the realization that it's not open season will sink in to the Bozo class, but nothing will ever be normal for that species again.........and frankly, nothing has been "normal" for humanity for a long, long time now........

6 hours ago, MarkGlasgow said:

They either disagree and think the switch to camera will be more fruitful or they have simply accepted that after years of trying they just can't bag one. 

I've listened to a few Daryl Colter interviews recently and he makes his case for the switch pretty well. 

Well I am glad you find his argument to switch convincing.

3 hours ago, Twist said:

So how much does Area X change our opinion on Government exposure?

One if the biggest counterpoints of government acceptance is the effects of BF exposure on national parks.   People afraid of BF, and people rushing in to “bag” a BF.

So Area X almost proves a point I always had.   Admittance of BF does not make them any easier to detect.   And while for a short time there may be more idiots in the woods hunting them, eventually the lack of success will dwindle the numbers.    Acceptance of BF as a specious in no way makes them more susceptible.    After the initial onslaught,   National parks and woods go back to normal.    Then BF as a species can slooowly be accepted and understood.    Very slowly obviously.   IDK? Just my thoughts.  

There is no hunting in national parks. In fact until recently you couldn’t pack a gun into a national park.

If the species is discovered? No one’s going to be trying to bag one in a national park. At least not without park rangers breathing down their neck.

On 7/5/2022 at 7:54 PM, gigantor said:

I'm sure @Hairy Man would be happy to give us an update on what NAWAC is up to. :)

Eh...

Crickets.

SSR Team
On 7/5/2022 at 11:59 PM, norseman said:

I get the feeling you misunderstand his usage and meaning of the word 'sound', Norse.

It's used as slang in the UK and translates as 'reasonable' type of thing.

Mark, is that how you meant it ?

50 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

I get the feeling you misunderstand his usage and meaning of the word 'sound', Norse.

It's used as slang in the UK and translates as 'reasonable' type of thing.

Mark, is that how you meant it ?

I don’t think so.

“The logic for the switch back to cameras seems sound.“

I understood that to mean “reasonable”. 

Except it’s anything but reasonable. Science wants a body on a slab. Full stop. If your using cameras to fulfill that objective? Fine. If you no longer want to pull the trigger but someone else in the organization is? Fine. But if your organization is going to retreat from its pro kill position and adopt a strategy to prove the creature real with a camera? Very sad day indeed. Because no photo or video will do this. We all know this. How many photos and videos are out there?

That was my initial beef. Okie man seems to have some insider information that they as a group are proceeding ahead with the pro kill position. 

That’s awesome!

• Thanks 1