Patty on all fours?

Somerset

So many sightings over the years talk about BF being seen on all fours, either dropping down or coming up off all fours. Not only this but many descriptions describe their agility on all fours but here's my issue.

No matter how many times i see the Patty film I just cant see the animal in the film being anywhere near agile enough to be on all fours, it just looks too big and cumbersome, it looks like it would actually have difficulty getting down there.

I've never heard this raised anywhere else, what's your thoughts?

5 hours ago, Somerset said:

So many sightings over the years talk about BF being seen on all fours, either dropping down or coming up off all fours. Not only this but many descriptions describe their agility on all fours but here's my issue.

No matter how many times i see the Patty film I just cant see the animal in the film being anywhere near agile enough to be on all fours, it just looks too big and cumbersome, it looks like it would actually have difficulty getting down there.

She never left in haste, that is for sure. If she was so fearfull why did she not drop down. If she was an Ape it be natural to drop down on all fours and run off. But that is not what she did. She calmly walked away. IMHO She had to have been watching these two men before she made herself known to them. It was not by chance that they met.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Somerset said:

I would disagree with your characterization of Patty as cumbersome. She glides along an uneven substrate in a manner that would make a professional ballet dancer envious. Try walking on a solid surface with a 41" step length using a compliant gait and see how you look in the mirror. I look like I'm ready to topple over on the first step.

Then try it on uneven surface.

I agree she looks graceful on two feet but I see where OP is coming from.  I don’t see her looking as natural or graceful on all 4.  Nor as quick as some stories lead one to believe. 

Edited by Twist

16 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

She never left in haste, that is for sure. If she was so fearfull why did she not drop down. If she was an Ape it be natural to drop down on all fours and run off. But that is not what she did. She calmly walked away. IMHO She had to have been watching these two men before she made herself known to them. It was not by chance that they met.

Honestly in my opinion she may have e been drawing them away from a sub-adult,baby or even a group of other sasquatch.

Ever see when a baby bird falls out of a nest? The adult will place itself between you and its offspring. It will even act as though it is injured and slowly hop away watching to see if you follow. Maybe, just maybe.... Patti was attempting to distract Patterson and Gimlin. We do know there were 3 sets of tracks in the area before they filmed her after all.

I have no doubt that Patty could over take a deer, break its neck, twist its legs off, rip its skin off and dine on organs and tender loin to her fill in less than 20 min. Patty's agility would have been off the charts compared to her furless cousins.

The film subject seems quite graceful. Don't see any reason not to knuckle walk or get down on all fours. 

Man ape or skilled mime, after all I came here on the May Flower and I can do it.

6 hours ago, Hoekler73 said:

Honestly in my opinion she may have e been drawing them away from a sub-adult,baby or even a group of other sasquatch.

Ever see when a baby bird falls out of a nest? The adult will place itself between you and its offspring. It will even act as though it is injured and slowly hop away watching to see if you follow. Maybe, just maybe.... Patti was attempting to distract Patterson and Gimlin. We do know there were 3 sets of tracks in the area before they filmed her after all.

That could be possible. It is just that she is walking way to calm. But if it was a natural thing to drop down to all fours then this animal would have done it. Why? Like you said to draw these men away from whatever she was protecting. Instead, we are seeing an animal walking away in it's natural state. It does not matter if it senses fear since we are not in this creature head. It walked away calmly and looked back at them in a calm matter.

But no one has never really talked about Patty. Does she really look like an animal that can drop to all fours? IMHO, I am saying no that there is no way. Just like those other sightings where they turn around and walked away. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

The film subject seems quite graceful. Don't see any reason not to knuckle walk or get down on all fours. 

Man ape or skilled mime, after all I came here on the May Flower and I can do it.

Two reasons I can see for a sasquatch to get down on all fours are:

1) Explosive propulsion toward an intended target such as a deer (much like a 100-yard sprinter on all fours at the start)

2) To enable it to move through brush and bramble while remaining low to the ground and out of sight

That said, I would be surprised if they move about on all fours other than for an unsual circumstance.

17 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

That could be possible. It is just that she is walking way to calm. But if it was a natural thing to drop down to all fours then this animal would have done it. Why? Like you said to draw these men away from whatever she was protecting. Instead, we are seeing an animal walking away in it's natural state. It does not matter if it senses fear since we are not in this creature head. It walked away calmly and looked back at them in a calm matter.

But no one has never really talked about Patty. Does she really look like an animal that can drop to all fours? IMHO, I am saying no that there is no way. Just like those other sightings where they turn around and walked away. 

Patty definitely doesn't look scared or distressed in any way. In fact, she doesn't seem to be in much of a hurry in any way, shape, or form. There really wouldn't be any reason for her in that case to

Perhaps bipedal locomotion is more common in adults, while younger subjects could use the quadrupedal method of travel to avoid dangerous situations... obviously it's all theoretical discussion without having an accurate sample size of subjects to study. We do, however, know that other species evolve and employ different methods and habits throughout their life spans.

One must also wonder if there is any truth to the theory that subspecies exist, or that southern varieties of the species are in fact smaller leaner versions of the same creatures, which in fact has scientific precedence (See also Bergmann's rule... an ecogeographical rule that states that within a broadly distributed taxonomic clade, populations and species of larger size are found in colder environments, while populations and species of smaller size are found in warmer areas...). Quadrapedal locomotion could possibly be more common in these smaller variations/subspecies if they exist independently.

Sure, the one specimen known as Patty doesn't particularly look like it should naturally drop to all fours, but neither do another bipedal species we know of (humans), and they begin life on all.fours and evolve through their life span so we really can't rule it out without more information that we have at the present time.

We are a million years but we can still use that as locomotion.

As a younger man, I found delight in racing up stairs and hills. We had narrow steep stairs in our house growing up. I would sprint up them on all fours pretty regularly. 

High school football, we would run double sessions at the start of the practice season, and one session was spent climbing a local sledding hill on all fours. The whole team could race up the hills quite a bit faster on 4 than on 2.

As a college kid, a bunch of guys were billshitting in the library at school and raced up the narrow staircase to the top. I was on all fours and left them in the dust.

On a small incline, we can operate on all fours just fine. Add a few inches to our arms and I think it becomes super easy and common.

In that I'm less than a year from 60 I don't see the issue being her getting down on all fours, but rather getting back up......

While I'd never heard the idea that she's distracting the two from other sasquatch, it does stand to reason. I recall in that one analysis that spotted a second one just inside the tree line(I think it was) and I later spotted a third, that would support such a rationale. And her pace does somewhat discount the massacre hypothesis...

On 7/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, guyzonthropus said:

And her pace does somewhat discount the massacre hypothesis...

I don't believe in the massacre theory, but just by walking away, she out-diststanced him, and he was running over the same uneven ground. She was quick.