Is it possible for bigfoots to roam in this forest patch?

yeetus

On 7/12/2022 at 3:13 PM, yeetus said:

Or is this too small of a habitat?
Location is 41.09956671479506, -74.3674959546926

Untitled1.jpg

Your circle is roughly 60 miles from this wilderness in New York. It’s in the Catskills. Big Indian wilderness.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/9151.html

Your roughly 30 some miles to Manhattan but over on the coast.

The only obstacle I see coming from the northwest is I 84. Little bergs like Port Jervis I don’t think pose much threat at all. New York is pretty dense.

Just for giggles. Whitehall is 170 miles away.

https://dailygazette.com/2018/06/28/the-hunt-for-bigfoot-continues-in-whitehall-new-york/

This is not Chicago surrounded my corn fields. I think I could hike from your red circle to Maine without being seen. Being from the PacNW I could be wrong tho.

1AB6873F-1D23-4C73-BB37-658208E10603.jpeg

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Your circle is roughly 60 miles from this wilderness in New York. It’s in the Catskills. Big Indian wilderness.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/9151.html

Your roughly 30 some miles to Manhattan but over on the coast.

The only obstacle I see coming from the northwest is I 84. Little bergs like Port Jervis I don’t think pose much threat at all. New York is pretty dense.

Just for giggles. Whitehall is 170 miles away.

https://dailygazette.com/2018/06/28/the-hunt-for-bigfoot-continues-in-whitehall-new-york/

This is not Chicago surrounded my corn fields. I think I could hike from your red circle to Maine without being seen. Being from the PacNW I could be wrong tho.

1AB6873F-1D23-4C73-BB37-658208E10603.jpeg

I think of it all this way:   If a dog was lost in these woods, would it take some level of effort to find it.    1 person is not going to find a lost dog in those woods.  How about 2?  10?   100?   How many are needed to find it and how long might it take?

Could Bigfoot hide in this place?  Just replace Bigfoot with a cat, dog, wolverine, and so on.  Whatever might apply to finding some other animal might be a consideration when thinking about a generic Bigfoot.   Here is a tiger lost near Paris near Disney Paris.    Same idea.   

See the source image

Edited by Backdoc

19 hours ago, yeetus said:

The only thing I can say is you seem like you are pretty convinced they are in that area so maybe a hike and spending a few nights out there is in order?

I personally don't think any Sasquatch are in CT , lower NY state , RI 

I've looked and spent many a night with thermals traveling waterways . I've saw every other kind of critters but no Sasquatch , Never even heard any kind of animal sound out of the normal at night.  I hope I'm wrong and you do find some evidence they either live in that area you live in or use it to pass through . You mentioned whitetails that live in small patches of woods in that area . You sound like a deer hunter so you know they wouldn't have to risk traveling to populated areas to kill a whitetail in NY state . 

i  say go out and explore since you seem convinced and it sounds  you live close to the area . 

1 minute ago, 7.62 said:

1 minute ago, 7.62 said:

Edited by 7.62

On 7/13/2022 at 4:04 PM, wiiawiwb said:

I think it would have a difficult time even migrating. To the west and southwest, it would have to thread the needle to make it across a band of humanity. It's possible if it travels at night and chooses farmland carefully. It's much worse to the south and east. Not worth it.

The only route/corridor I see is if it traveled northeast, staying east of Harriman and crossing the Hudson River before West Point. Then it could proceed to western Connecticut, north to western Massachusetts and on to Vermont. It could choose to go northeast to New Hampshire and Maine or west to Whitehall, NY and a hop scotch to the Adirondacks or a trek to Lake Champlain and on to Canada.

While I also would never consider the area to the southwest of it suitable bigfoot habitat, I don't think they would have any trouble using it as a migration corridor. It's sufficiently wooded enough that there are multiple redundant routes a sasquatch can take when travelling across the patchwork of wooded areas, especially south of Newton.

On 7/15/2022 at 12:25 AM, yeetus said:

I think the only reason they would venture into the forest patch will be to hunt and scavenge at night, doubt they would settle there.

And where would they be venturing from? They would only be doing that if there was an even more remote area close by to retreat to during the day, which there isn't. This forest patch is the focal point of American wilderness in the region. It wouldn't make sense for any sasquatch to cross into it using the highly patchy areas to the southwest, or crossing the hudson in in the north, to hunt there during the night, only to make the same long journey back to the more "remote" areas during the day when there are perfectly good stretches of remote rugged wilderness to hide in during the day within the red circle. Even if all the corridors were completely devoid of people and infrastructure and nothing but untouched hills and forests, it still wouldn't make sense for them to do that just from the distance alone that they'd need to travel back and forth on every day. No. If there is a population there, it's a permanent one. The migration paths would only be used for the purposes of finding a mate in another region if they can't find one within the patch, or perhaps they do migrate in and out on a seasonal basis, rather than a daily one as you seem to be suggesting.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to rebuke this as not a good area for Bigfoot.  Google Oklahoma City Bigfoot, and there is a pod  cast about a family of Bigfoot that live in the City limits of Oklahoma City.  We use to go to the area and do tree knocks, and we usually got a response except when it was deer season.  The interview is with a woman who had no idea Bigfoot was living in her back yard until it started leaving gifts in front of her garage door in exchange for Bigfoot eating out of her Bird Feeder.  She was hiking in the public area and saw them in a drainage pipe.   I talked to a lady who was in her 70's, and because she had horses I showed her a braid on a horse, and she said she found them on her horses quite often.  She did not have a clue it was from a bigfoot, and she had lived on that property all of her life.  I was back in the area and her house was gone, and the land had houses valued over a million dollars and all the communities are gated, but I doubt that is a problem for Bigfoot to scout out food.  The public land is 1/2 mile off of I44, and is like 3/4 of a mile by 1/2 mile wide.  The land floods so the owner gifted the land to the state for a public hunting area.  If there is food and water avaiable you will l have Bigfoot no matter how large or how small the woods are.

• Haha 1