Researcher's Views On Bigfoot

Guest para ape

Guest para ape

I want to talk about the views of some of the top bigfoot researchers.John Green and Grover Krantz of the hominid camp discounted all paranormal reports.Erik Beckjord believed that bigfoot was an"extra-dimensional ghostlike entity"that inhabited mountains,forests,and even farmer's fields.He believed that bigfoot and other cryptids were capable of shapeshifting and could fade in and out of existence like the Cheshire cat.Ivan T.Sanderson believed that cryptids were "denizens of another realm".

I agree with both Beckjord and Sanderson in that bigfoot and other cryptids aren't physical in nature.Alot of people considered Beckjord to be out there but he was right.

hominid camp

1.John Green

2.Grover Krantz

3.Jeff Meldrum

4.Renee Dahinden

5.John Bindernagel

paranomalists

1.Peter Guttila

2.Erik Beckjord

3.John Keel

4.Ivan T.Sanderson

5.Henry Franzoni

6.Nick Redfern

7.Loren Coleman(paranormalist in hiding)

umm my first thought was - why cant this be a post in the "Evidence that Bigfoot is paranormal" thread, and not yet another thread divoted to the subject...

Agenda much ???

Guest HairyGreek

It would certainly liven up the conversation over there as it has gone a little stale.

I am actually interested in hearing him making a case for Coleman being a closet bigfoot paranormalist.

I want that on a tee-shirt. I call copyright on that!

"I am a Closet Bigfoot Paranormalist"

Edited by HairyGreek

Guest Primate

Not sure how "tending to believe" the PGF(as I understand L.C.) and being open to most all possibilities qualifies someone as a "Closet Paranormalist".

Sanderson wasn't a paranormalist. If you've got something he said to indicate otherwise, please provide a citation.

Most of us who had direct contact with Beckjord have some pretty definite opinions about him. I don't think I'd put him in the same company with most of the others on your list.

Guest PaulGT3

I was talking to Elvis, Jim Morrison and a Grey the other day about this at AREA 51. They told me that BF is totally normal.

They told me that Pam Anderson however CERTAINLY can shape shift with the help of her Plastic surgeon.

Edited by PaulGT3

Guest BuzzardEater

Leave Pam Anderson out of it. I'm warning you! Hahahaha! Did you see her in BORAT?

Everybody is outside the norm that has even heard of Loren Coleman. Norms don't believe in Dragons, Minotaurs or Bigfoot. At all.

One of the psych test questions is "Have you seen any imaginary animals?" If you say yes you are nuts. If you argue, you are proving it. That's "normal" think. It's sad to think how many people inhabit a tiny portion of the available experience.

Everyone had to open thier mind and suspend disbelief to give this topic consideration. Opening up to the possibility of Bigfoot is the big step, eyeglow, mindblasting and temporal shifting are all part of the body of this topic. Discussion is all we have. Sharing ideas is why we are here.

Bigfoot is an umbrella term, really. Think about this, if you were up to something and had the ability, wouldn't BF be a convenient persona to co-opt? Built in are value-added features like automatic dismissal by the cops. Cooperation from a scorning media. General disbelief. Crippling scorn piled upon witnesses. Don't you think those features would recommend the disguise to you, if you were able and in need?

Suppose the government wants to read your diary but are embarrassed to ask. In the last century they could have been slowed by ethics and constitutional rights. No problem! Break in and take the diary. If the victim lets out a peep, run a BF across the lawn. End of credibility.

Of course, our governments would never do anything like that, but there are other agencies in the world. Are they crazy? We know, now, that some are. Given unlimited budget and enough time, could it be done? Maybe, but let's not talk about it.

Edited by BuzzardEater

Para ape, I've got a facepalm just for you...

facepalmparanormalbf.jpg

Beckjord liked to spout his paranormal nonsense, but he could never explain or provide evidence for any of it. Ignoring the laws of physics won't make them cease to exist.

RayG

Guest krakatoa

Leave Pam Anderson out of it. I'm warning you! Hahahaha! Did you see her in BORAT? That's better than a Para Apes.

Saw what you did there... but I think this belongs in the thread on Patty's Bust. :lol:

Para ape, I've got a facepalm just for you...

facepalmparanormalbf.jpg

Beckjord liked to spout his paranormal nonsense, but he could never explain or provide evidence for any of it. Ignoring the laws of physics won't make them cease to exist.

RayG

That's because YOU AREN'T A beLIEVER RAY !!!

BONK!!!

Well no, not without some... ummm... ah... you know... evidence. ^_^

Don't know how many times I tried to get EB to explain the scientific process behind shape-shifting... nuthing but crickets from him...

RayG

Guest HairyGreek

Tee-hee! He couldn't explain how something supernatural worked! Silly EB! Boy, you got him good Ray.

And Indiana, you sure you want to be seen on this thread? The Skeptics may not take you seriously anymore... :huh:

http://www.newscient...e-universe.html

It seems as if everything is not as it seems in the world of science, specifically physics...again...

Sanderson wasn't a paranormalist. If you've got something he said to indicate otherwise, please provide a citation.

Here's your citation:

http://www.squatchop...an_T._Sanderson

http://en.wikipedia....an_T._Sanderson

Good enough? He sounds pretty interested in a lot of para-normal topics by his published works. He looked for scientific reasoning, but he did it about some subjects that may not have a scientific explanation...at least not yet or any time soon. I would put him in the para-normal camp just for the simple fact that he was willing to look at anything currently unexplainable. Loren Coleman is the same.

I am not a big fan of para and his argument (or lack thereof), but these guys belong I think on the side of the list para put them on. I highly doubt either would agree with his belief in what Bigfoot is, but they wouldn't believe in mine either. Regardless, they would entertain any ideas on the subject before laughing like school kids about it just because they couldn't explain it.

I couldn't even get him to attempt to explain it. Even though he was supposedly well-educated, he seemed to have little to no understanding of science, and certainly no use for it when it came to his paranormal speculations. He was pro-paranormal to the core.

It would be like me asking you to try to explain the process behind water freezing, and instead of you giving a detailed answer dealing with molecules and falling temperatures, and so forth, your response is that it's magic.

Bzzzzztt!! No prize for you.

RayG