Matt Moneymaker's whistle recording

OkieFoot

On 9/5/2022 at 3:38 PM, MIB said:

A sasquatch whistle should be a flat tone, no rise or fall

I've heard a sasquatch make a two toned whistle. Actually, two who were hunting. It was my very first encounter, the one that started it all for me. Being a smartass, I whistled back and they eventually triangulated towards me until they were eight car lengths and 12 car lengths from me behind two buildings. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Duckman said:

There is no way Finding Bigfoot damaged the credibility of Bigfoot, since Bigfoot has no credibility and is already seen as a complete joke...

People like Duckman say Bigfoot is a joke.   That's fine.   I am more than open to the idea it could be Bigfoot does not exist.    In such a case, Duckman and others will prove to be right.     Yet, I have never understood why anyone certain of such a view would spend even a second on a BFF.   I would caution about saying Bigfoot is a joke.   Reasonable people can be impressed with the PGF for instance or seemingly credible and reluctant eyewitness reports.  

Any TV show, book, movie, Discovery Channel special, suit replication, or whatever is obviously not intended for Duckman and those equally suited.   Why?  Because they think Bigfoot is a joke them.  Being somewhat undecided, I am open-minded.  

I see it we have 3 groups:   

1- Bigfoot does not exist

2- Bigfoot might exist

3- Bigfoot certainly exists

I would say Finding Bigfoot is a show which could only appeal to group 3.   I think it is a very poor vehicle for appealing to group 2.    Nothing will appeal to group 1 other than a body on a slab.   I have to think those in group 1 will at least respect how Discovery Channel and other well produced shows handles the subject manner.   If they don't feel that way about Finding Bigfoot, count me in as well.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Twist said:

Bigfoot was a fringe topic in the past, I think it has only benefited from the ol mantra of Bad publicity is better than no publicity.  

The more people get exposed to something the more they get to know it.    No doubt increased publicity has helped Bigfoot's cause.   Even the Jacks Links commercials make the public more comfortable with the Bigfoot subject even if it is in jest.   

Some of us are old enough to remember only 3 channels on TV.   In those day, the only exposure to the PGF was going to the movies watching Peter Graves bigfoot and monsters- type show.     Now we have many shows on TV and many are well-produced.  I have to think that can only help the 'Bigfoots' cause.  

(^^^.   This should say-      I doubt increased publicity hurts Bigfoot’s cause. -     The more exposure good or bad the better for Bigfoot )

I remember as a kid only having the 3 main channels.  Disney was a major source of entertainment.   In both movies and I believe nature documents. I think it all aired under “The Wonderful World of Disney”.  I may be mistaken.   It was a long time ago as far as I’m concerned.  🤷

Edited by Twist

"Disney's Wonderful World Of Color" followed Wild Kingdom on Sunday evening. That was our pizza night. The American Sportsman came on earlier in the day and all of my family never missed those three shows. As I remember during those times in the late 60s, 70s and through the 90s, the bigfoot  issue was considered either a fantasy or a joke (including hoaxes), very serious real creature (this includes knowers and those who have had encounters that have convinced them of their existence) or something one had never heard of. Well, the third group of Americans, I believe no longer exist (due to an increase in documentaries, TV shows and movies) and have been replaced by a group of indecision.

Edited by Doug
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t read the replies on this thread so forgive me if someone already mentioned this…but Mt.Lions whistle. You can see a video on YouTube. But they sound more like a bird. But they definitely whistle!

One night in the past month when I was on the porch feeding the mosquitoes, I heard whistles on a couple of occasions.  It wasn't followed by any other sound.  I suspect it was a Cedar Waxwing.  That's what this recording sounds like to me.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:17 PM, Bigcathunter said:

I didn’t read the replies on this thread so forgive me if someone already mentioned this…but Mt.Lions whistle. You can see a video on YouTube. But they sound more like a bird. But they definitely whistle!

I am no wildlife expert.   It's interesting Mt Lions or Cedar Waxwings might make a whistle noise according to these last few posts.  If I hear of something whistling on a video like this I could be forgiven for thinking, "What they heck could that be?"    More knowledgeable people didn't take long to provide several more reasonable explanations.   Shouldn't Moneymaker be expected to know this?

Doesn't this make the 'Bigfoot whistled' even more of an eye roll.    These animals offer a reasonable explanation as to why one might hear a whistle in the video.   

I saw a Discovery Channel type show (which is probably still being played) where some thought a mud cast was a sitting or squatting bigfoot.  This was the Skookum Cast.    I didn't know early on many people saw this as an obvious kneeling deer/animal.   This should have been known by anyone making a serious case this eye-of-the-beholder muddy mark was Bigfoot.  If a city slicker falls for this idea this can be understood as they have never had such exposure.   The idea Forrest-type and science biology types might make such a mistake is unfortunate.   They add credibility and their mistake is magnified because of that credential.

See the source image

On 9/9/2022 at 1:29 PM, Backdoc said:

People like Duckman say Bigfoot is a joke.   

I was entertained with Finding Bigfoot I think it’s one of the best.

I learned a lot from Finding Bigfoot, like what people were seeing in different parts of the country. I also bristled at their quick in-and-out studies, and goofy-seeming methods of attracting Bigfoot. A lot of members of the BFF criticized “FB” a lot, but some saw the good in town meetings and increasing public awareness it generated. @Grubfingers I was entertained too. So what would you like to see in a bigfoot program today?

My guess is, in a field like Bigfootery, there are no known solid protocols or research methods.  That leads to groups being critical of others that do it differently than they do it themselves.  Especially if one group is getting notoriety despite a lack of actual or perceived results.     

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Twist said:

My guess is, in a field like Bigfootery, there are no known solid protocols or research methods.

Bingo!

BFF Patron

Your opinion @Duckman, not everyones, if you put skin in the game you know what you know, whether you seek to sensationalize and profit from it like

a dumbox or NOT is your personal decision, .........  pm me if you want the "rest of the story". 

20 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Your opinion @Duckman, not everyones, if you put skin in the game you know what you know, whether you seek to sensationalize and profit from it like

a dumbox or NOT is your personal decision, .........  pm me if you want the "rest of the story". 

It's the opinion that the vast majority of people have outside the bigfoot of the bigfoot community. And sure I'd like the "rest of the story," because I have no idea what you are talking about.