The Relict Hominoid Inquiry

Guest slimwitless

Guest slimwitless

D

It seems to me that Paulides knows the results of his samples. He is a very aggressive individual and was in this thing early on. I think he is the one who really got the ball rolling.

He may not know the results of all the samples, but he must know his own; and from what he has said, they are human Native American. As far as I know, none of this "part ape" stuff has come out of his mouth. IMO he is going to use eyewitness testimony with affidavits to link these samples to a big hairy creature,

If Paulides believes they are "human Native American", why is he on national radio saying they're looking for a body or skeleton?

I'm pretty sure he would know about the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act and the controversy surrounding Kennewick Man.

Edited by slimwitless

Guest parnassus

If Paulides believes they are "human Native American", why is he on national radio saying they're looking for a body or skeleton?

I'm pretty sure he would know about the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act and the controversy surrounding Kennewick Man.

I wouldn't see any contradiction there....do you? I don't think it applies to private land, and anyway

(e) RELINQUISHMENT.--Nothing in this section shall prevent the governing body of an Indian tribe or Native Hawaiian organization from expressly relinquishing control over any Native American human remains, or title to or control over any funerary object, or sacred object.

Guest parnassus
.... Ketchum's coming announcement of the complete genome findings from the shooter's sample..

- Dudlow

D

Again, I was not aware that she has said she is going to do that. Can you tell me when she said that?

D

Again, I was not aware that she has said she is going to do that. Can you tell me when she said that?

Well there certainly would be enough tissue for that.

What do you think of Disotell on the board Parn? Do you think he is just there for some face time if things pan out? :D

B) 'parnassus', are you implying Ketchum has no intention of releasing or publishing her Sasquatch DNA findings? If so, why would she do that after so much work? :blink:

- Dudlow

Guest slimwitless

D

To my knowledge Ketchum hasn't said anything publicly about including samples from the shooting. I think it's pretty clear that Derek Randles believes the recovered flesh will be part of the study. In fact, Randles has stated he's seen the DNA results and strongly hinted they confirm the shooter's story. He's certainly not acting like the results came back human Native American.

BFF Patron

Well there certainly would be enough tissue for that.

What do you think of Disotell on the board Parn? Do you think he is just there for some face time if things pan out? :D

I see any scientist with an interest on the board as encouraging and a breadth of field experience and representation of various fields as a strength.

But, I hope you are not inferring that this new board and journal were created just for the release of this Ketchum study? That would be very weird if so.

But hey, any expression/publication of results/findings/discussion would be better than a yetileak or nothing, right?

One other thing: Is this a print journal or on-line journal that is being created at ISU by Dr. Meldrum?

Guest slimwitless

I wouldn't see any contradiction there....do you? I don't think it applies to private land, and anyway

(e) RELINQUISHMENT.--Nothing in this section shall prevent the governing body of an Indian tribe or Native Hawaiian organization from expressly relinquishing control over any Native American human remains, or title to or control over any funerary object, or sacred object.

If private land is excluded than there's no contradiction. I do think it would be extremely odd to ask for a human being as a type specimen.

Edited by slimwitless

It looks like an online publication. And I agree that the skeptical scientists should get involved, lest they feel the lashings from the rest of the skeptical community. ;) I'm actually hoping Disotell gets involved with the DNA work, we'll make a bleaver out of him yet! :lol:

One other thing: Is this a print journal or on-line journal that is being created at ISU by Dr. Meldrum?

On-line, but having worked in publishing/print, I can tell you it's a smart move from a business stand point. Print is on a sharp decline and more and more journals will probably swith to a digital only format soon.

NAGPRA only applies to federal agencies and lands and any institution that receives federal money. NAGPRA does not apply to federal land. However, many states, including California, have a state version of NAGPRA that applies to private land (for historic or prehistoric materials) and all states/counties have laws that pertain to possession of recently dead human remains. Therefore if Paulides truly believes that bigfoot is a human Native American, he could not be legally in possession of tissue, a body nor a skeleton. It hasn't been my impression that Paulides believes bigfoot is Homo sapien sapiens Native American - but rather Homo something...but I could be wrong.

Admin

B) 'parnassus', are you implying Ketchum has no intention of releasing or publishing her Sasquatch DNA findings? If so, why would she do that after so much work? :blink:

- Dudlow

Dudlow, I think parnassus is trying to say that to sequence the entire genome of any living thing is an exceedingly difficult, time consuming and expensive chore. It took years, billion$ and super-computers to sequence the entire human genome.

Ketchum & co are most likely just targeting certain portions of the DNA for their study and assuming the rest via statistical analysis. I seriously doubt they have the resources for a complete sequencing.

Edited by gigantor

B) Not any more, 'gigantor'. The Max Planck Institute has made huge strides in developing techniques that have darned near perfected DNA sequencing. What took years before now takes days or a few short weeks, at most.

- Dudlow

Admin

Only with already sequenced DNA. So they already have the "standard" human sequence, they focus on the differences between that and whatever the comparison is, usually other humans races, individuals or disease markers. That kind of thing.

We don't have a BF sequence...

Edited by gigantor