Bigfoot Doesn't Exist?

hiflier

56 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

As far as the forum going in a circular pattern, I agree. No one has actually placed themselves on the line and gone out to actually shoot one. You are placing your trust in the wrong people.

I'm in the no-kill club but have no problems with those who wish to. Not sure you go out in the field but I backpack by myself, the vast majority of the time, to locations that are way off trail where I'm not going to interact with another human. That includes staying overnight.

Not quite sure how I could place myself any more "on the line" than that. If you can suggest how I could tiptoe further on the razor's edge, I'm pleased to listen.

Edited by wiiawiwb

5 hours ago, Twist said:

I meant it to be more funny than mean hiflier.  That being said, you return to the forum with the same browbeating mantra you left on.   Sorry to say but you have earned a certain reputation on here for a reason.   

If it’s found by the mods to be mean and not funny then they will delete it and I’ll take my punishment like a manape 🤷🏻

I saw the funny side for sure. I'm certain you didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Hopefully he'll come round and blow that meme up to poster size and chuckle along with rest of us. 

2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

As far as I am concern the forest service did give you an answer. That this creature does not exist. But that is them, that is them saying that they do not exist. As far as the forum going in a circular pattern, I agree. No one has actually placed themselves on the line and gone out to actually shoot one. You are placing your trust in the wrong people. Off course they are going to say that it does not exist. What do would you expect from officials. Saying that they exist would change the way we live. So, this is normal S.O.P. to deny. So, I am not buying what the State Forest service has to say.  You can throw a body on their doorsteps, and they will still deny that they do not exist. That just how it is. Learn to live with that expectation. You will be much healthier. Less stress and no worries. Stop dealing with them since you are just going to get the same answer no matter the outcome.

I was out most of the day, yesterday with a rifle. And I know I’m not the only one in the pro kill camp either.🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

.........Not quite sure how I could place myself any more "on the line" than that. If you can suggest how I could tiptoe further on the razor's edge, I'm pleased to listen.

Paint yourself with this before tucking in for the night in your tent.

https://wasteland.fandom.com/wiki/Bottle_of_Acme_Genuine_Gorilla_Pheromones

11 hours ago, hiflier said:

Not US government...state. I didn't say people are wasting their time, I essentially said no proof has come of it. Today's onslaught of officials' surveillance capabilities are far beyond ours is every respect. Large camera trap programs, environmental sampling everywhere to monitor animals and invasive species, border patrol surveillance technologies that make our thermals seem like little more than toys. Ground vibration sensors, satellite migration monitoring of radio collars, and a myriad other programs and techniques that include university studies and lots of boots on the ground via forestry service as well as game warden fish and wildlife personnel.

All of those resources create a net no Bigfoot group could ever hope to match. Logic, therefore, says that if anyone knows the truth regarding Sasquatch existence it would reside within those statewide resources. But Bigfoot researchers don't go there and instead beat themselves up for the last 60 odd years?  That makes less and less sense everyday considering all of the things people say about what constitutes proof and what doesn't. All I've seen is the stuff that doesn't, but folks still chase after the stuff that doesn't and then stroke each other's back and tell each other what a great job they're doing.

But nearly everything stays focused on the creature and basically ignores, or otherwise refuses, to confront the enormous potential at the state level. I have spoken to two officials in my state. One is Bureau of Parks and Lands who said "there ain't none" and the other, a state biologist, said "we're not sure they don't exist (scientific null hypothesis)." But, for what it's worth, I at least got two direct answers. Ten years in the field? Not so much. It doesn't take a PhD to realize to know where the truth lies.

That's just MEAN, Twist. There's no other word for it. But this is typical when it comes to this place. I don't need crap like this and no one else does either. Outa here.

I'll save you some time, bud. Every single response will be some form of no.

10 hours ago, hiflier said:

Today's onslaught of officials' surveillance capabilities are far beyond ours is every respect. Large camera trap programs, environmental sampling everywhere to monitor animals and invasive species, border patrol surveillance technologies that make our thermals seem like little more than toys. Ground vibration sensors, satellite migration monitoring of radio collars, and a myriad other programs and techniques that include university studies and lots of boots on the ground via forestry service as well as game warden fish and wildlife personnel.

All of those resources create a net no Bigfoot group could ever hope to match. Logic, therefore, says that if anyone knows the truth regarding Sasquatch existence it would reside within those statewide resources.

What I'm getting out of this is a call for revolution of sorts, a change up of strategy, quit beating the sticks, start banging on the agency doors to demand(or ask politely) the results of the studies we've paid for. If I have that right, it's a valid approach, True, there is a helluva lot of surveillance equipment deployed for a variety of reasons that has to have come up with SOMETHING- the proof of the lie. That route isn't my skill set, I'm highly susceptible to vomiting around bureaucracy, just typing the word made me nauseous, but some are great at it. A relentless troop of squeaky wheels haranguing the alphabet agencies could wear them down over time.

1 hour ago, Kiwakwe said:

What I'm getting out of this is a call for revolution of sorts, a change up of strategy, quit beating the sticks, start banging on the agency doors to demand(or ask politely) the results of the studies we've paid for. If I have that right, it's a valid approach, True, there is a helluva lot of surveillance equipment deployed for a variety of reasons that has to have come up with SOMETHING- the proof of the lie. That route isn't my skill set, I'm highly susceptible to vomiting around bureaucracy, just typing the word made me nauseous, but some are great at it. A relentless troop of squeaky wheels haranguing the alphabet agencies could wear them down over time.

I supported Hiflier when he was pro kill. I supported Hiflier when he was all about DNA. And I support Hiflier taking on bureaucratics….

Best of luck!

But he no longer supports pro kill. 🤷‍♂️ And he gets irritated when I bring it up. 🤷‍♂️ My position hasn’t changed.🤷‍♂️Sorry.

I still support Hiflier. I just do not believe that he will get the truth out of forest service from the state or the federal. I am pro-kill, since one is needed to be studied by a university. It is not about fame, nor is it about money. It is about science and learning about something that has been roaming this earth for thousands of years. JMO But what has bothered people for years. If I ever get that chance to take a shot, I am going to take it.

Just because they say that it does not exist you believe them. Naw their noodles are way off; they know they are real. Heck, I would not still be here if they were not real. It took people here to confirm what I was dealing with. But would I tell that to a federal official. No, they would just laugh at me and have. The one thing that I am glad is that you have posted. You are still alive and good. Kinda of miss you. Hang in there fighter.

Doesn't every state have a transparency law like the Freedom Of Information Law, that's used to file Freedom of Information Requests like here in New York?

You have to be specific, but they also legally have to reply.

"This is a request for all body cam footage, dash cam footage, security video footage, recordings of all radio transmissions, cellular telephone and copies of every text message transmissions, names and badge numbers of every police officer, sheriff deputy, state police officer, names and titles of every government employee, copies of ever paper report and any other information related to the events of the evening of July, 16th, 2022 incident at Letchworth State park." (Just made up the date and location)

Make the date and location a variable, copy/paste for every sighting where someone says they called the cops?

Thank you ShadowBorn. And thank you, too, Norseman. And for the record I am not anti-kill. In fact, you and I have always wished each other luck in our respective pursuits. My overall concern has been for your own well being in the aftermath of shooting one- legal or otherwise. So yes, I was pro-kill- and still am truth be known.

But my philosophy on the issue has evolved to first using DNA to scientifically show that such a creature is out there- whether I think it is or not. Then, let science make the decision of whether or not it wants a body. Their first order of business may be to initially find and observe the Sasquatch in its own habitat. Then If they if want a body, they will either by find a dead one, or they will ask for the resources and funds required to go and take a live one- either through tranquilizing one, or by dispatching it altogether. Any way one cuts it, it is personally so much better on many levels if a researcher doesn't shoot one. Beyond that, if you will still harvest one given the chance then, as always, you have my full support.

Doodler, inquiries at the state level should go directly to their respective agencies.

Edited by hiflier

Curious whether DNA research would reveal if the thylacine is extant in Tasmania or Papua/New Guinea.

There's probably as much general interest in the marsupial as there is in bigfoot.

15 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Curious whether DNA research would reveal if the thylacine is extant in Tasmania or Papua/New Guinea.

There's probably as much general interest in the marsupial as there is in bigfoot.

Thylacine DNA has been sequenced so there is now a genome for matching any Thylacine DNA found in Tanzania's environment. Don't know if any has been found but scientists are talking about possibly cloning the DNA they have and maybe bring the creature back to life. How? Don't know that either. Maybe by infusing the DNA into stem cells.

11 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

I still support Hiflier. I just do not believe that he will get the truth out of forest service from the state or the federal. I am pro-kill, since one is needed to be studied by a university. It is not about fame, nor is it about money. It is about science and learning about something that has been roaming this earth for thousands of years. JMO But what has bothered people for years. If I ever get that chance to take a shot, I am going to take it.

Just because they say that it does not exist you believe them. Naw their noodles are way off; they know they are real. Heck, I would not still be here if they were not real. It took people here to confirm what I was dealing with. But would I tell that to a federal official. No, they would just laugh at me and have. The one thing that I am glad is that you have posted. You are still alive and good. Kinda of miss you. Hang in there fighter.

Same here. It's my belief that government as an agency, not most of those within government, knows these creatures exist, and they're determined to suppress discovery. Thus, they will never acknowledge their existence. Getting documented denials might hold some promise later to show this cinspiracy, but even then, I doubt it. Any documented denial is almost sure to have escape terms; ".......bigfoot isn't documented......", ".......there is no proof of their existence.......", ".......we do not believe.........", etc. 

I support Hiflier getting documented denials, and he might even get other interesting statements and information doing this, but I personally won't be involved. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Huntster said:

".......there is no proof of their existence.......", ".......we do not believe.........", etc. 

".......there is no proof of their existence.......",

Example follow up to that response:

"I see. We in the community know that trail camera photos or footprint data not proof. Nonetheless, might you have any suspect camera trap photos or footprint evidence that could suggest a Sasquatch-like creature that you might wish to share with me?"

"Do you preserve such trace evidence or records of any reports of a sighting or an encounter? And if not, do you destroy those records or do you send then somewhere?"

"If you send the reports somewhere else may I have the contact number of the agency, person, or persons, that you send the reports to?"

**These are not hard questions to ask but they need to progress logically and be carefully worded**