Met these guys today at the Buck store…

norseman

10 hours ago, norseman said:

https://aliengearholsters.com

They checked out the Dodge. Looks like they have some cool gear!

American made. I like that! I have a MOLLE holster on the belly band of my pack that holds two extra mags for my G20. But sometimes, I am not wearing my pack if we're not going far. Usually I just tuck it into the back of my pants, which isn't optimal, but it works. I like the modular idea. Just clip the holster to another mount under the dash, under a table, or wherever. Pretty slick!  (Do you hear that, Santa?)

• Haha 1

A few years ago AlienGear had a deal on that auction site--$5 holsters. I only bought one because I thought it was a mistake, it wasn't, just promoting the brand I guess. Very comfortable concealed carry.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I own a pile of Alien Gear holsters, in IWB, OWB, chest, and other configurations. They are awesome in their modularity, comfort, and quality. Got them for G19, G20, G48, 1911, and 1911-22/380.

I also live in Canada, so they are all in nearly new condition, unfortunately.

On 1/15/2023 at 4:51 PM, langfordbc said:

I own a pile of Alien Gear holsters, in IWB, OWB, chest, and other configurations. They are awesome in their modularity, comfort, and quality. Got them for G19, G20, G48, 1911, and 1911-22/380.

I also live in Canada, so they are all in nearly new condition, unfortunately.

Handguns in Canadia? How'd you manage to pull that off?

5 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Handguns in Canadia? How'd you manage to pull that off?

Until very recently, handgun ownership has been legal in Canada, but carry options have been very restrictive. Anyone who passed a criminal check could buy a handgun, but the only uses allowed were range shooting and a few outdoor occupations, such as timber cruiser or prospector. Public carry, open or concealed , is not allowed, except under locked container to and from a licensed range facility, or while in the field as a prospector or timber cruiser. I had a carry permit as a prospector for decades, but let it lapse about 10 years ago, which was a mistake I regret. As of this year, the federal Liberal government has banned all purchase, sales, or trading of handguns, by Order In Council, not by legitimate vote in Parliament.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, BC witness said:

.........I had a carry permit as a prospector for decades, but let it lapse about 10 years ago, which was a mistake I regret.......

When you had your carry permit, was it limited to only when conducting prospecting work? Or could you get away with carry anytime you were in the woods?

One back door even California hasn't been able to close is the transport and carry of firearms by non-residents who have valid hunting licenses and permits. A non-resident with a hunting license (open year round for coyotes without a tag) can possess both a rifle (semi-automatic with 10 round magazines) and handguns (also semi-automatic with 10 round magazines). 

As an alien, if I wished to "hunt" in Canada, I would have to hire a registered guide. Not so as an Alaskan in California.......or any other U.S. state.

Huntster, I always carried in the woods, as I was always "prospecting" while out there, with a small pan and folding shovel in my gear. I never had any hassle with that approach, even when checked out by C.O.s a few times. I don't know if that would fly now, or not.

A work around that one of my buddies uses is to carry his hunting license, as we also have year round season on several species, and straps on his 44 mag "Mares Leg", which is not much bigger than a handgun, but legal as a rifle.

• Thanks 1