Bigfoot Bigfoot?

hiflier

Does to me, too. Everything out there has only the report article with no follow up. It's the usual media dangling carrot syndrome which left it completely to the public's imagination. Thought maybe someone had heard anything definite from a lab analysis. Maybe someone working the Bridgewater Triangle might be interested in doing a little investigative work and perhaps run it down.

• Like 1

And I'm assuming that is just what it is as well. But I can only assume it. Is there a source where someone has stated that that is officially the conclusion from a lab analysis? Just trying to nail down the facts in the case.

Okay, here we go: https://listverse.com/2016/07/18/10-extraordinary-discoveries-that-werent/

"Through forensic analysis, it was discovered that the foot belonged to a black bear—not Bigfoot. In addition, the severed body part was not even a foot; it was a paw. Though it’s not Bigfoot’s, the discovery was still intriguing nonetheless. How did a severed paw ended in Lakeville? What happened to the rest of the bear’s body? These are some of the questions that remain unanswered."

I'll say it was leftover from someone who skinned it and removed the claws to make a bear rug or hang the pelt on the side of a shed. Taxidermist? And then probably a coyote, dog, or some other animal made off with the paw and dropped it wherever it was found. Just another example of how the media gets to use words like "fabled" and "legendary," but then doesn't do a follow up to give the public the truth by letting them know what was determined by forensics. If this kind of tactic wasn't so persistent I might not mind- but it is persistent across nearly all  media platforms, either on TV or in print.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Having been a taxidermist in my previous life, That is exactly what I was thinking. From time to time, a skinned bear paw is discovered at the dump and police are called in because the ones who reported it thought it was a human hand. Taxidermists send a lot of bear paws to the dump.

• 2 weeks later...