Finding Bigfoot And Other Reality Shows

Spader

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest poignant

This show had some compelling thermal video (from Matt in S1E3) and Delta car during the caravan drive through. Funny that so little time was spent on intelligent analysis.

I absolutely hate their calling and hollering - who knows what gibberish they're saying in BF lingo; if you ask me, BF probably know the unique call signature of their own kin. Knocking would be a better alternative.

As someone already mentioned, a Survivorman type (Les is an amazing fella) stay out would probably be more effective. Ample batteries, FLIR, decoys (like what Mike Greene did). Speaking of which, I was disappointed that they did not show the part of the Mike Greene vid where the BF is standing upright, shortly after taking the candy bar.

Ranae is the foil/heel in the show. Her logic is holier than swiss cheese (elk tracks double stepped on bears tracks?! Really?! Precisely and consistently so for 100+ feet?!). Ah well this is TV.

Cliff is my favorite character as he comes across as level headed and looks respectable. He does however shoot himself in the foot and take a cred nose dive in those whimsical (but informative) post-episode commentary/interviews with his friend (Flipy?)

Matt is the guy you need to cut down hedges and slice through red tape. He does come off too strong, but what do you know, we sometimes need the lawyer moneymaking (pun intended) types to make things happen.

Bobo is hilarious and frank. His appearance and credentials however don't really add positively to the show.

I just get the sense that mainstream science and the propaganda machine is trying to keep the whole sasquatch issue on the realm of quackery. This tells me that someone has something to hide, and would benefit from not letting the metaphoric bipedal cat out of the metaphoric bag.

That being said, bring on Season 3!

Edited by poignant

• 1 month later...
Guest thermalman

Example: 'If it were a human on the thermal, then it would not be so white because of the clothing they would be wearing' or 'its too big to be human' only to find that the clothes wearing Bobo on the thermal was even whiter than the alleged Sasquatch and most always bigger as well.

That is not necessarily true. What you see on the thermal cam TOTALLY depends on the settings on the thermal cam and how experienced the handler is. Accurate interpretation is essential in the thermal industry. One needs lots of error$ and omi$$ion$ in$urance.....trust me, I know. Maybe I come across as thermally anal, but I'm just stating the facts as I know them.

Edited by thermalman

I just watched Finding Bigfoot for the first time last night. It really sucked, I do think it is bad for the reputation of the whole Bigfoot scene. Although I could be wrong, I just think it would be difficult to manufacture a chance encounter with the whole crew,Bigfoot would know they are there long before any sighting.

You know what would have me staring at the screen, probably trance like? Some well placed Bigfoot cams, like at places where you compromise convenience and probability, one of these houses deep in the woods,or on the edge of the woods that reports activity. Erickson should go live.

BFF Patron

That is not necessarily true. What you see on the thermal cam TOTALLY depends on the settings on the thermal cam and how experienced the handler is. Accurate interpretation is essential in the thermal industry. One needs lots of error$ and omi$$ion$ in$urance.....trust me, I know. Maybe I come across as thermally anal, but I'm just stating the facts as I know them.

Excuse me thermalman, maybe I missed this in your intro. but what exactly are your qualifications in thermography and thermal imagery interpretation and analysis again?

Guest BFSleuth

From thermalman's profile:

Certified paving stone installer.

Certified Level I Thermographer.

Certified Level I Thermal Building Diagnostics.

My complaints are that Moneymaker see's a BF behind every tree("there's something on the hill"), and on the other side of that, their resident skeptic Renae dismisses everything outright.

My biggest problem with the show is that Ranae is the only objective person there. Sure, maybe the others have experience with Sasquatch, but it shouldn't taint skepticism.

I've seen the **** thing twice, up close, in daylight, and even today I am highly skeptical. I could have sworn I saw something running on two legs across a meadow when I was out hunting bear, but, I didn't get a good look at it. Was probably a deer. Every time I hunt, I am watching for more than deer, elk, or bear. I've heard vocalizations, and even though the romantic part of me wants to "believe there's a squatch in these woods," I just can't, because I haven't positively identified what I have heard.

MM, on his show, has taken blobsquatch images and broken deer bones and labelled them "squatch", and that just bugs me. Some of the things he has said on the show makes him sound like he believes he is the preeminent expert on all things squatch, and he is not. He hasn't obtained one single piece of hard evidence, same as the rest of us.

Am I jealous of the BFRO? No. It serves as an important database int he field and something I often refer to. Tonight I saw the "first thermal image of a squatch" as listed on BFRO, and I'm stupefied as to how anyone can call it squatch with such certainty.

IMHO, MM and the BFRO need to be more objective.

I really can't watch Finding Bigfoot because of his lack of objectivity annoys me.

What you see on the thermal cam TOTALLY depends on the settings on the thermal cam and how experienced the handler is. Accurate interpretation is essential in the thermal industry.

My experience with thermal imagery comes from the military and countless hours of guard posting in jungle locations where i learned how to adjust fo background thermal "noise" in order to pick out clear human body images from the clutter.

This reminded me of the FB episode where they used a thermal imager and didnt adjust it to the environment, so even though there might have been a squatch in those woods, it appears that either the imager was cheap, or nobody on the production team knew how to fine tune it to pick out anything 90F+ degrees from the much cooler plant life.

Edited by PsyShroom

• 4 weeks later...

It is a great show and has always been entertaining. I don't see any doing better unless they have one that actually finds one. Now that would be the best but for some reason that's not happening.

Very clever of Biggie not messing with our food source.