Glowing Red Eyes?

TGB

36 minutes ago, MIB said:

I think they fiddle with our brain states via infrasound so that we are more .. or less .. susceptible to emotional content of a particular situation.

I would suggest that the symptoms that a lot of people report have more in common with electromagnetic hypersensitivity than exposure to low frequency sound.  

That’s a whole other can of worms though.

13 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I've never witnessed nor heard anyone I know share a story of red eyeglow that was organic and self-illuminating.

I know someone who said that they saw eye glow in pitch darkness. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, MIB said:

Infrasound is the real deal. 

I've absolutely been hit with infrasound. WAYYY back before I had any idea, at my first experience in 2010. 

38 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

I've absolutely been hit with infrasound. WAYYY back before I had any idea, at my first experience in 2010. 

You were hit with something.  How do you know that it was infrasound?  Were you able to detect and record sound waves below 20Hz at the same time that you experienced those symptoms?

Or, did you interpret it as infrasound because that is an oft repeated Bigfoot trope?

I hope that doesn’t come across poorly.  Legit question. 

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

15 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Those are still reflecting light though.  Not self illuminating.

Did TGB make that distinction? 

*edit to show the only part I was responding to*

13 minutes ago, norseman said:

Did TGB make that distinction? 

Huh?  You lost me there.  I was addressing MIB’s comment concerning orbs, mindspeak, and what amounts to cloaking 

Oh yes the dreaded red eye from photo flash or sudden introduction of bright lights so can this help explain some of these reports or are people really reporting self illumination? 

Self illuminating would be for what purpose for a species?

It is also widely excepted that  infrared is in their spectrum of visibility does this add to it?

What would the complexity of that kind of eye consist of?

4 minutes ago, TGB said:

sudden introduction of bright lights so can this help explain some of these reports

Was there an external light source present when you saw the red lights you witnessed?

5 minutes ago, TGB said:

Self illuminating would be for what purpose for a species?

There is no apparent evolutionary advantage of self illuminating eyes.  Probably why there are no examples of it in nature.  

6 minutes ago, TGB said:

It is also widely excepted that  infrared is in their spectrum of visibility does this add to it?

It is widely assumed, but warm blooded animals shouldn’t be able to see in the infrared spectrum.  Their own body heat would interfere with it.  Unless they had a type of vision that was more akin to an infrared camera than other creatures who can see on that spectrum. 

My point is… this undiscovered ape or relic hominid seems to behave in ways and possess abilities unlike any other species on earth.  That’s what is so confusing.

I hope that my comments are not coming across as aggressive or trite.  These are all issues that I have been spending a great deal of time and thought on recently.  

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

You were hit with something.  How do you know that it was infrasound?

I'd like to answer for myself on that one.   The specifics of the situation leave little alternative.    I awoke to a situation with a number of components. 

1) There were strange pressure points inside of my eye sockets and they were moving.    Not painful or even uncomfortable, just .. weird.   Never before, never since.    It was too dark to see, 9:45 pm guestimate under heavy timber in a deep mountain basin, 50/50 cloud cover, before moonrise.    Black as the inside of a boot except for a few stars between clouds.    I suspect even with light I would have been blind because the vibrations and pressure were mostly in the general area of the optic nerve around the back of the eye.

2) Hyperventilating.   I heard very fast, very very deep breathing.

3) The muscles in my face were spasming uncontrollably.   Like they were firing randomly without any input from my brain to control / coordinate them.

4) Intense "congestion" .. could not breath through my nose and struggled to breath through my mouth.  

I thought I was dying.   I thought the hard hike from 2000 feet to 6000 feet had done me in.   5 miles from the road, more from cell service.   I did not expect to live.  

5) Mid-panic I began to notice that the rhythm of the breathing I could hear felt out of sync with my own chest.   I managed an experiment .. I crossed my arms over my chest to be sure it was not rising and falling, then held my breath.   The sound continued unchanged.    I started figuring and concluded the source of the breathing was not past my feet, that was too far.   It was not beyond my head because there was another tent there.   It wasn't the guy in that tent 'cause I could hear him move occasionally and the location was wrong.   It was, by my best guess, 18-24 inches from my face.   I still don't know if it was to my left, my right, or standing directly over me.   I was in a low bivy .. would have been possible.  

6) I lay there struggling to breath .. I could, with labor, mouth breath .. and trying to figure out just what the [expletive deleted] was happening to me.    After a few minutes, there was a soggy thud 25-30 yards outside of camp, then shortly after that, a clean power-knock from about 75 yards away and off maybe 45 degrees uphill and past my feet.   The breathing did not change.   This means there were <at least> 2, probably 3, "whatevers", not just 1. 

7) It was difficult to move but possible.  I was thirsty, forced my hand to move to open the tent, get my water bottle, drank about half of it, re-capped it, and put it back. 

8) I have low back problems.   Eventually as this "event" continued (breathing unabated), I had to roll over to ease the pain.   I did this twice.  

Some time after that, I think about 45 minutes after I initially woke up, I fell asleep.   I woke up about 12:30 or so.   The moon was up.   The breathing, etc were gone.   I had not noticed in the moment how quiet it had been when all that was going on but when I woke up it was very bright, there were bugs and birds making noise in the trees around camp and fish splashing in the lake.   There was zero congestion, neither sinus nor chest.   No weakness.   Nothing amiss at all.  The next morning the canteen was exactly where remembered putting it, half full, capped.   It was not imagined.   That removes sleep paralysis and false wakening from any further consideration.

The only source I'm aware of which is clinically consistent with all of the symptoms simultaneously is infrasound.   (I am open to other intelligent suggestions but not to being insulted by attempts to sweep the uncomfortable back under the carpet, which is about all I've experienced so far .. so I apologize if I get a bit prickly.)

.. but that still doesn't account for glowing red eyes.   That's something else.  

MIB

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Huh?  You lost me there.  I was addressing MIB’s comment concerning orbs, mindspeak, and what amounts to cloaking 

I just read the original post bud.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MIB said:

I'd like to answer for myself on that one.   The specifics of the situation leave little alternative.    I awoke to a situation with a number of components. 

1) There were strange pressure points inside of my eye sockets and they were moving.    Not painful or even uncomfortable, just .. weird.   Never before, never since.    It was too dark to see, 9:45 pm guestimate under heavy timber in a deep mountain basin, 50/50 cloud cover, before moonrise.    Black as the inside of a boot except for a few stars between clouds.    I suspect even with light I would have been blind because the vibrations and pressure were mostly in the general area of the optic nerve around the back of the eye.

2) Hyperventilating.   I heard very fast, very very deep breathing.

3) The muscles in my face were spasming uncontrollably.   Like they were firing randomly without any input from my brain to control / coordinate them.

4) Intense "congestion" .. could not breath through my nose and struggled to breath through my mouth.  

I thought I was dying.   I thought the hard hike from 2000 feet to 6000 feet had done me in.   5 miles from the road, more from cell service.   I did not expect to live.  

5) Mid-panic I began to notice that the rhythm of the breathing I could hear felt out of sync with my own chest.   I managed an experiment .. I crossed my arms over my chest to be sure it was not rising and falling, then held my breath.   The sound continued unchanged.    I started figuring and concluded the source of the breathing was not past my feet, that was too far.   It was not beyond my head because there was another tent there.   It wasn't the guy in that tent 'cause I could hear him move occasionally and the location was wrong.   It was, by my best guess, 18-24 inches from my face.   I still don't know if it was to my left, my right, or standing directly over me.   I was in a low bivy .. would have been possible.  

6) I lay there struggling to breath .. I could, with labor, mouth breath .. and trying to figure out just what the [expletive deleted] was happening to me.    After a few minutes, there was a soggy thud 25-30 yards outside of camp, then shortly after that, a clean power-knock from about 75 yards away and off maybe 45 degrees uphill and past my feet.   The breathing did not change.   This means there were <at least> 2, probably 3, "whatevers", not just 1. 

7) It was difficult to move but possible.  I was thirsty, forced my hand to move to open the tent, get my water bottle, drank about half of it, re-capped it, and put it back. 

8) I have low back problems.   Eventually as this "event" continued (breathing unabated), I had to roll over to ease the pain.   I did this twice.  

Some time after that, I think about 45 minutes after I initially woke up, I fell asleep.   I woke up about 12:30 or so.   The moon was up.   The breathing, etc were gone.   I had not noticed in the moment how quiet it had been when all that was going on but when I woke up it was very bright, there were bugs and birds making noise in the trees around camp and fish splashing in the lake.   There was zero congestion, neither sinus nor chest.   No weakness.   Nothing amiss at all.  The next morning the canteen was exactly where remembered putting it, half full, capped.   It was not imagined.   That removes sleep paralysis and false wakening from any further consideration.

The only source I'm aware of which is clinically consistent with all of the symptoms simultaneously is infrasound.   (I am open to other intelligent suggestions but not to being insulted by attempts to sweep the uncomfortable back under the carpet, which is about all I've experienced so far .. so I apologize if I get a bit prickly.)

.. but that still doesn't account for glowing red eyes.   That's something else.  

MIB

I am not arguing that you did not experience those symptoms, nor do I want to sweep anything under the rug.  I fully believe that you experienced what you claim.  I do not believe however that it was caused by infrasound, but instead by something more exotic.  

We may not know what Sasquatch is, but we do know how low frequency sounds effects humans.  There is a lot of misconceptions out there on infrasound, however, due to the proliferation of wind turbines there is quite a lot of recent studies available on the subject.

Here is one of the better articles out there.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/06/wind-turbine-syndrome/530694/

Elephants use infrasound to communicate.  Elephants are larger than Sasquatch with larger lung capacity.  Those larger lungs should be capable of producing more powerful sound pressure waves than one would expect from a Sasquatch.  

People study elephants quite closely, both in captivity and in the wild.  Why do we not see them suffering from symptoms similar to what you experienced?

Whales are even larger.  And water is a better transmission medium than air.  While not as common as elephants, people are in proximity to whales at times.  Where are the reports of marine biologists suffering the symptoms that are often mistakenly associated with infrasound?  

If it is infrasound that is causing these physical effects, than it is being generated and directed in a manner that does not seem to occur in the natural world, nor does it seem to be reproducible in a laboratory.  

At the end of the day, someone saw some hypothetical musings on infrasound and latched onto it as being the closest natural approximation to what you and other people have experienced.  As our understanding of bioacoustics and infrasound itself developed, those popular misconceptions stayed the same.  Especially as it relates to Sasquatch and the zapped effect.

At the end of the day, it’s a hypothesis that doesn’t really match up with what we do know about infrasound nowadays.

My hypothesis is that these physical effects are being caused by something other than infrasound.  But, we won’t know until we test for it.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

1 hour ago, MIB said:

am open to other intelligent suggestions but not to being insulted

And I apologize if you took my comments as an insult.  I have always had a great deal of respect for your thoughts that you have shared on the forum.  If I gave insult, that was not my intention.  

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I hope that my comments are not coming across as aggressive or trite.  

No worries. 

I appreciate the passion.

My inquiry was just focused on reports and stories regarding glowing red eyes.

Not my own experiences.

It appears other phenomenon got mentioned and topics got crossed.

That said I did appreciate your input.

• Upvote 1