Can Am Project Bigfoot 101

norseman

Thanks, Huntster. Yeah, the takeaways: Non-Human hair (see image at around 0:30:00) that didn't match any North American mammal but yielded Human mtDNA, and nuclear DNA sequences (paternal) that did not match any male Human DNA sequences that were present in the GenBank- or any other database with Human male DNA sequences.

I have known these two facts for a long time but really appreciate you posting that video. Somehow hearing such things from me would be hearsay and wouldn't probably carry nearly as much weight (if I was believed at all) as hearing it from Paulides.

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

..........Non-Human hair (see image at around 0:30:00) that didn't match any North American mammal but yielded Human mtDNA, and nuclear DNA sequences (paternal) that did not match any male Human DNA sequences that were present in the GenBank- or any other database with Human male DNA sequences.........

All that doesn't matter to Science. If the host isn't produced, it means nothing.

Kinda' reminds me of what we used to say to the guy at work boasting about what he did or could do: if you don't have a pic, it didn't happen. Or kinda' like the jawbone found 39 years ago that only recently was declared as Denosivan.........after the sliver of finger bone from Denosiva cave was declare a new human species. 

https://www.science.org/content/article/first-fossil-jaw-denisovans-finally-puts-face-elusive-human-relatives

Funny how that works: immediately after Science is forced to admit discovery, sasquatch relics will literally pour out of bone collections, old nightstand drawers, and native medicine bags everywhere.

• Upvote 3

I found Paulides stance on BF very difficult to stomach. His Hoopa Project and Tribal BF books are certainly worth reading but boy does he like to politicise the subject. No doubt he is a target for for some crazy people but suggesting that 'apers' lose their minds when someone else has a differing opinion saw me lose interest very quickly.

1 hour ago, MarkGlasgow said:

I found Paulides stance on BF very difficult to stomach. His Hoopa Project and Tribal BF books are certainly worth reading but boy does he like to politicise the subject. No doubt he is a target for for some crazy people but suggesting that 'apers' lose their minds when someone else has a differing opinion saw me lose interest very quickly.

Anyone who says? It’s not an Ape, it’s Human? Doesn’t understand Biology. Humans ARE Apes!

And in a sliding scale between living great Apes? (Bonobos, Chimps, Orangs, Gorillas and Humans) It’s bipedal. So it’s evolutionary very close to us. But is it us? No. Of course not. No one is going to mistake Patty for a Human woman walking down the street anywhere on the planet.

Yes. Native Americans have a mythos that claims Bigfoot is a human. They also have Coyote the creator and brother Bear. I find Native American myths and legends beautiful and fascinating. And like all myths there is a kernel of truth to them. But how helpful is it in a scientific question such as this? 

I will forever be indebted to Paulides for his 411 books. Very eye opening. But everyone will have an opinion until science examines a type specimen. And then it will be over. No more opinions.

21 minutes ago, norseman said:

But everyone will have an opinion until science examines a type specimen.

Indeed, but only a few that I know of have that particular endgame in mind as their primary goal, either directly with a body, or indirectly with DNA. Ah well.....

43 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Indeed, but only a few that I know of have that particular endgame in mind as their primary goal, either directly with a body, or indirectly with DNA. Ah well.....

I was thinking about doing some spelunking some caves and mines this summer. This country is chocked full of them. I will collect any suspicious bones laying around. I found one. Maybe there is more.

You will probably not be able to do that on private lands without permission. I have a friend who's aim to do just that, Norseman, but he's professionally trained for an archeological dig site- caves included. He's also a believer and so will have an eye for an unusual primate, or for a usual Human bone. If you could develop a rapport for a local grotto (group of spelunkers) in your area then talk to them with an honest reason for your interest then something could come of it that could save weeks, months, or even years of searching. It wouldn't be a bad plan. But in the mean time: https://westernmininghistory.com/mine-state/washington/

And:

976796822_WashingtonCaves.pdf

Edited by hiflier

4 hours ago, norseman said:

I was thinking about doing some spelunking some caves and mines this summer

Caves / bats have concerns. White-nose Syndrome ( WNS ) in bats may restrict your activities. Wildlife departments will have info on WNS status.

Mines have risks from the human element ( miners ). You can't run around going into active claims.  You have to determine if a claim is abandoned or active.

https://www.goldmapsonline.com/

I have Washington State. I can look up location, status, name of the claim, name(s) of the miners. $19.95 each for Washington, Oregon, Idaho and California to name a few. Best bang for your buck is California.

Keeps a person out of Federal Court.

Know before you go.