Vietnam Rock Apes

norseman

• 3 months later...
On 2/7/2023 at 11:29 AM, norseman said:

Around 1980 mostly before my interest in all things Bigfoot, a local mechanic in NC was just chatting with me about his time in Vietnam and just casually mentioned about about large age like figure trying to scale the fence when he was on guard duty.  Always thought that it was interesting.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, P5harri said:

Around 1980 mostly before my interest in all things Bigfoot, a local mechanic in NC was just chatting with me about his time in Vietnam and just casually mentioned about about large age like figure trying to scale the fence when he was on guard duty.  Always thought that it was interesting.  

Being that Orangutans were traditionally in SE Asia and all of the new weird species being found in Vietnam? Anything is possible.

This really seems to support my theory as presented in those other current threads pertaining to the multiple hominid species coming and going over time, the results of both natural selection and potentially inter-hominid hybridizations. Initially the clip speaks of them being5-6' tall(considerably larger than most Orang Pendek reported)but later in the clip they speak of creatures 7' tall. And while throughout the discussion these creatures are referred to as rock apes, I feel it has little bearing on the actual nature or heritage of them, but is rather more akin to Fred Becks assigning the term Ape to the creatures that attacked them that eventful night. Seems almost second nature for us Moderns to designate furry hominids "apes" as if we don't have fur but a switch or two away in our own genome!I

But the real give away is that statement about the Vietnamese government later investigating these reports finding human/sasquatch like prints, which dispells the possibility of them being orangutans or offshoots of them, and infers they are some remnant form of hominid which either evolved there(an Asian branch of bipedal hominid evolution, be it parallel or convergent?) Or is the result of previous waves of African hominid expansion that have been "hybridized"(sex-monkey theory)with subsequent waves, or are of a "single wave" that then speciated into the now indigenous form.

Their ability to mount an assault as described in the video is impressive to say the least and might well indicate a higher form of awareness, as well as communication, than seen in non-hominid forms. I wonder if it's possible to track down any vets who were actually there that night and take down a first hand account of the event. Of course they may all be secreted away, least such accounts proliferate...

But maybe this represent one of the steps or stages that lead to the furry hominids that eventually crossed the Bering straight. In that that region has been relatively unchanging environmentally(near equatorial jungle, largely unaffected by more recent glaciations)it's quite possible these hominids had evolved into effective generalists with little pressure to develop further, at least physically, and perhaps they don't find the more recent hairless versions all that attractive, so they aren't invited to the hybrid parties.

It does seem that these forms are coexisting with the local Moderns, at least until the Moderns come up with overtly superior lethal technologies, which then force the withdrawl into remote, harder to reach regions on the part of these earlier forms.

Edited by guyzonthropus
  • Upvote 1