SC EP:930 The Creature At My Uncles Cabin

BFFbot

Kevin writes "To give a little more detail I had went up to my uncles log cabin on North Pond in Woodstock ME. We were up there using his place to go snowboarding at Sunday River Ski Resort about 20-25 minute car ride away.

My uncles place is on a dirt backroad and situated about 100 yards up from the pond. It was snowing for most of the weekend and the first night there we had lit off some fireworks out front of the house and towards the end of one of the fire works we heard a loud scream like noise.

We paused before continuing and looked around like what the hell was that but decided it must have just been a weird sounding firework. As soon as the next one went off we heard a much deeper and guttural roar that lasted about the length of the last four shots of an XL Roman candle. Now right across from the driveway which is perpendicular to the road my uncle lives on is a large cliff like slope that runs up about 35 feet almost straight up. At the top there are more trees and this was the direction it had came from and the direction we were shooting toward.

Next thing ya know and enormous log from a birch tree comes hurling down over our heads and into the driveway followed by another roar. It wasn’t more than 5 seconds before we were back inside doors locked and freaking out. We had been drinking some and we were arguing over whether it was noise from the fireworks, from a bear, whether the weight of snow snapped a tree limb. I mean we were thinking of everything. The rest of the night we wouldn’t even look outside but that was it nothing else. Fast forward to the next day we woke up at first light and went snowboarding all day. We returned around 4 pm and went inside to shower up and go back to the mountain to watch the patriots afc championship game at one of the mountain lodge bars. When we walked outside to leave, behind my friends jeep was the same log thrown at us the previous night, laid perfectly straight across the driveway behind the jeep!

At this point we all thought one of the others were messing with us while getting ready but no one owned up to it. We moved the log and drove to the mountain. After watching the game we drove back to my uncles. Upon arriving me and my friend who also smoked stayed outside to have a cigarette before going in. While out front on the stairs we heard what we thought were footsteps, like crunching snow and then the flood lights over the garage would set off and it would stop abruptly. We couldn’t see anything although these lights were pretty strong. It was a very eerie feeling being out front and uneasy for us both. We finished and went inside.

Now my uncles cabin was custom built, a beautiful home and custom picked out wood that was shipped out and hand picked from a catalog where they literally let you choose pre designed or custom features then come to your land and build it for you. After about ten years my uncle started spending more time up there so he built a two story garage to the right of the house and expanded the driveway. Now the lower level held his snowmobiles and a snow blower, lawn mower, etc. upstairs was a fully furnished game room with a bar a bathroom, wood stove, a futon, dart board, and a tournament style pool table.

This is where we spent most time just hanging out up there. We would drink play pool watch tv and then one person had a bed to sleep in up there. To get to the garage he also built a breezeway that connected the main cabin to the garage. It was like a hallway/mud room. On both sides were large pane windows so on one side you can see the lake through the trees on one side down hill a bit and the front driveway on the other.

We had sent my friend to the main cabin to get more beers at one point in the night and he said when walking back to the garage the moonlight was shining off the ice from the lake and reflecting through the trees. That’s when he said he saw it. At first he thought it was just another tree because it was back lit but it then put an arm which he thought was a branch down by its side. With an armful of beers he scrambled to open the door to the stairs for the game room, dropping and breaking multiple bottles and came up white as a ghost. Me being pissed off he was trashing my uncles place starts to yell at him and he just sat down silent staring blankly off into space. While asking what the hell was going on it was like he snapped out of it and as fast as he could pulled the blinds down on the back windows while almost closing his eyes as if scared to look outside.

We got his story and it was hard to believe at first and being 25 at the time we were of course breaking his chops. But then for the remainder of the night it sounded as if someone or something was circling the house. We didn’t hear this until we went to bed and the radio, tv etc were all turned off. We heard some other weird noises almost like a train whistle but there were no trains I knew of in that area. We had 2 or 3 days left in the weekend to go and the next morning we packed up, shut off the water to the house and rented a hotel room at the snow cap inn at Sunday river.

I had no clue what to think of all this for years until hearing some of your shows and it makes me wonder what else you might’ve heard from this area or what you might think it is.”“To give a little more detail I had went up to my uncles log cabin on North Pond in Woodstock ME. We were up there using his place to go snowboarding at Sunday River Ski Resort about 20-25 minute car ride away.

My uncles place is on a dirt backroad and situated about 100 yards up from the pond. It was snowing for most of the weekend and the first night there we had lit off some fireworks out front of the house and towards the end of one of the fire works we heard a loud scream like noise.

We paused before continuing and looked around like what the hell was that but decided it must have just been a weird sounding firework. As soon as the next one went off we heard a much deeper and guttural roar that lasted about the length of the last four shots of an XL Roman candle. Now right across from the driveway which is perpendicular to the road my uncle lives on is a large cliff like slope that runs up about 35 feet almost straight up. At the top there are more trees and this was the direction it had came from and the direction we were shooting toward.

Next thing ya know and enormous log from a birch tree comes hurling down over our heads and into the driveway followed by another roar. It wasn’t more than 5 seconds before we were back inside doors locked and freaking out. We had been drinking some and we were arguing over whether it was noise from the fireworks, from a bear, whether the weight of snow snapped a tree limb. I mean we were thinking of everything. The rest of the night we wouldn’t even look outside but that was it nothing else. Fast forward to the next day we woke up at first light and went snowboarding all day. We returned around 4 pm and went inside to shower up and go back to the mountain to watch the patriots afc championship game at one of the mountain lodge bars. When we walked outside to leave, behind my friends jeep was the same log thrown at us the previous night, laid perfectly straight across the driveway behind the jeep!

At this point we all thought one of the others were messing with us while getting ready but no one owned up to it. We moved the log and drove to the mountain. After watching the game we drove back to my uncles. Upon arriving me and my friend who also smoked stayed outside to have a cigarette before going in. While out front on the stairs we heard what we thought were footsteps, like crunching snow and then the flood lights over the garage would set off and it would stop abruptly. We couldn’t see anything although these lights were pretty strong. It was a very eerie feeling being out front and uneasy for us both. We finished and went inside.

Now my uncles cabin was custom built, a beautiful home and custom picked out wood that was shipped out and hand picked from a catalog where they literally let you choose pre designed or custom features then come to your land and build it for you. After about ten years my uncle started spending more time up there so he built a two story garage to the right of the house and expanded the driveway. Now the lower level held his snowmobiles and a snow blower, lawn mower, etc. upstairs was a fully furnished game room with a bar a bathroom, wood stove, a futon, dart board, and a tournament style pool table.

This is where we spent most time just hanging out up there. We would drink play pool watch tv and then one person had a bed to sleep in up there. To get to the garage he also built a breezeway that connected the main cabin to the garage. It was like a hallway/mud room. On both sides were large pane windows so on one side you can see the lake through the trees on one side down hill a bit and the front driveway on the other.

We had sent my friend to the main cabin to get more beers at one point in the night and he said when walking back to the garage the moonlight was shining off the ice from the lake and reflecting through the trees. That’s when he said he saw it. At first he thought it was just another tree because it was back lit but it then put an arm which he thought was a branch down by its side. With an armful of beers he scrambled to open the door to the stairs for the game room, dropping and breaking multiple bottles and came up white as a ghost. Me being pissed off he was trashing my uncles place starts to yell at him and he just sat down silent staring blankly off into space. While asking what the hell was going on it was like he snapped out of it and as fast as he could pulled the blinds down on the back windows while almost closing his eyes as if scared to look outside.

We got his story and it was hard to believe at first and being 25 at the time we were of course breaking his chops. But then for the remainder of the night it sounded as if someone or something was circling the house. We didn’t hear this until we went to bed and the radio, tv etc were all turned off. We heard some other weird noises almost like a train whistle but there were no trains I knew of in that area. We had 2 or 3 days left in the weekend to go and the next morning we packed up, shut off the water to the house and rented a hotel room at the snow cap inn at Sunday river.

I had no clue what to think of all this for years until hearing some of your shows and it makes me wonder what else you might’ve heard from this area or what you might think it is.”

Kevin writes "To give a little more detail I had went up to my uncles log cabin on North Pond in Woodstock ME. We were up there using his place to go snowboarding at Sunday River Ski Resort about 20-25 minute car ride away.

I had no clue what to think of all this for years until hearing some of your shows and it makes me wonder what else you might’ve heard from this area or what you might think it is.”“To give a little more detail I had went up to my uncles log cabin on North Pond in Woodstock ME. We were up there using his place to go snowboarding at Sunday River Ski Resort about 20-25 minute car ride away.

I had no clue what to think of all this for years until hearing some of your shows and it makes me wonder what else you might’ve heard from this area or what you might think it is.”

Listen to the Podcast