Who Wants An Answer To The Bigfoot Mystery?

hiflier

Who does? And who doesn't? Seems like a pretty simple, straightforward question. But in reality, it's not really that simple or straightforward. "I do" or "I don't" works, of course, but I think more will likely be offered than just that. Makes me wonder how the 13% of the population that believes the creature is real, if asked, would answer such a question.

https://civicscience.com/u-s-belief-in-sasquatch-has-risen-since-2020/

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I would like an answer, like a whole dead body found on the roadside or something.  Even if it were proven, I do not believe it would take away the interest or thrill of an activity or encounter.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Tee-yim said:

Even if it were proven, I do not believe it would take away the interest or thrill of an activity or encounter

Thanks, Tee-Yim, nor would I.  I think interest would be even higher because of wanting to know all of the juicy details that this Forum has discussed over the years- like the origin and evolutionary track of the species, hair morphology, foot structure, ability to see at night, and so much else. But how MUCH does anyone wish to have these answers. What lengths would one go to if having the answers to such mysteries was really all that important? Or whether or not one thinks that the answers have been there all along if one could only access the info.

Edited by hiflier

7 minutes ago, hiflier said:

But How MUCH does anyone wish to have these answers. What lengths would one go

I'm probably taking that out of context, but ... there are lines, lines I see as lines of ethics, that I won't cross even to answer my own questions.   I'm not narcissist enough to think that my curiosity is more important than the harm I could cause through some paths to satisfy that curiosity.       But there are other paths and I'll pursue those when opportunities appear.

I read the article .. didn't like it.  There are some apparent inferences drawn I don't like as well as what seems to me a trivializing of the topic.  

• Upvote 1

I would like an answer but as to how much?   I’m not sure how you would quantify that.   I’m not a scientist or hunter so those routes are out.  I do enjoy camping and the outdoors, if I saw one and could get a video or pic I would.   I would then Post that online, where would I post it?  That would depend on the quality and content.    Other than that I cannot quantify my “want” anymore than that.   In summary, enough to read about BF online and keep an eye open when out in the woods.      

The title of this thread is simple enough. Does one want an answer to the mystery or not? In other words, is everyone satisfied with the way things stand right now? From what I've understood from being here for nearly ten years is that current and past methods to gain an answer have not moved the needle. In the objective sense, how would one interpret that kind of "progress?" Science inexorably progresses in it knowledge. The subject of Bigfoot does not. There's no difference in this subject now as compared to 60 years ago. Is that an acceptable situation?

How is it that the general outcome of field work, basically only more in the case of trace evidence, remains as ineffective today as it has been in decades past? It's a question that quickly reverts back to the original question presented in the title. Why is the pattern and framework of nearly every Sasquatch research group's website virtually identical, only promoting the same field techniques as everyone else? Individually they all say, "send us your reports." My opinion on that is with 12-15 thousand reports already on record why bother? So, again, right back to the thread title. Who wants an answer to the mystery?

My opinion is that the vast majority of Bigfootdom couldn't care less about it. Same photos of footprint casts, same tree structures, same audio, and for what? How much more of that kind of thing is really needed? How much of that kind of trace evidence posted on nearly every BF research website is needed before some says, "Hey, I want the truth behind all of this." Out of the thousands of researchers all doing the same thing and realizing no success whatsoever on the proof side? Ever? Time and time again? The public thinks researchers in the field are seriously dedicated to finding out the truth about the Sasquatch. That's the way the researchers themselves and media portrays them to be. Science progresses. Sasquatch research progresses? Nope. It's still the same as it has always been.

Maybe a better question for the thread title should have been, "WHY Would Anyone Want An Answer To The Sasquatch Mystery?" It just may have the potential to be a more interesting discussion.

Edited by hiflier

2 hours ago, MIB said:

there are lines, lines I see as lines of ethics, that I won't cross even to answer my own questions.

And ethics should be a two way street. But in dealing with the public, where the Sasquatch is concerned, the government has no ethics. I mean, what is ethical about tying up the public's psyche by not stepping up and saying whether the creature is real or not? We pay ALL of the salaries that government employees and entities get. And they won't tell the truth? Where are the ethics of THAT? But the fear of confronting the government- EVEN IF IT'S ONLY ABOUT A MYTH"??- seems to out weigh knowing the truth. Gov doesn't seem to have any qualms over making money off it, though. That's unethical twice over: One for not telling the truth, and two, for raking in revenue from it. And how long has this been going on for now? And how many of our big influencers (and we know who they are) speak out about it? None. No one. But they are wonderful because they do the same research as everyone else?

Does that somehow give us credibility because we imitate their example (best form of flattery) when WE go into the field? Buy the same devices? Dress the same way? Not in my book it doesn't. For the longest time I thought I was a good researcher when I did all of those things. Thought I would be making a difference in the world of Sasquatchery. I was wrong. All I did was fall into the trap of fitting the accepted mold of what one supposed to do, act, and dress when going into the field. For a while I felt pretty real. But it was all ego. I wasn't real. I was an imitator

6 hours ago, hiflier said:

Maybe a better question for the thread title should have been, "WHY Would Anyone Want An Answer To The Sasquatch Mystery?" It just may have the potential to be a more interesting discussion.

I think before you can ask that question and expect much of a discussion you have to have some agreement on what "The Sasquatch Mystery" **is**.   I'm not sure you and I have the same question which might be why we bump heads regarding answers.    I think I have a full enough answer to the question that brought me into the "research world."   Certainly other things have come along via that .. exposure (??) .. and those remain only tentatively answered .. or less .. but they are not my initial nor fundamental question.

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

But in dealing with the public, where the Sasquatch is concerned, the government has no ethics.

In my view it is not possible for a government to have "ethics".   Ethics requires an awareness of self which in turn requires a self to be aware of.   Government is not even an inanimate object, never mind being an individual.   It does sometimes behave as one but at best it has the maturity of a 4 year old: fear, anger, no control, and immense power.   Certainly no sense of right and wrong.   It can't be punished, can't be sent to the corner for a time-out.    It's a concept, not a "thing."   No accountability, no conscience, and without those, ethics is a meaningless concept.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MIB said:

In my view it is not possible for a government to have "ethics".

Disagree wholeheartedly on that. In fact, since other governments can hold a meany head government accountable (think Nurenburg) or impose sanctions then there is consciousness in government. Besides, government is a corporation and as of the past coupla decades or so it has been ruled that corporations are people, too, and so have the same rights as a person. The rule of law is couched in ethics, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, the Constitution are all documents concerning ethical behavior.

And so I think it's perfectly fine to petition the government on whether or not Sasquatch is a myth. But the real issue here is asking a researcher if it's a myth. A proponent will say it's not. However, that same researcher can provide no proof that it's real. If it is real then out "ethical" government should respond with the truth of the matter. The deeper question is why no one wants to even ask the government the question. Has Dr. Meldrum ever asked? He said in a documentary with Standing perhaps? that he's sure that government knows. So then why doesn't he just ask? Get a petition together, a million or maybe even ten million out of the 30 million that think it's real just might sign the thing.

But Dr. Meldrum won't do that. Disotell won't do it, Dr. Mayor won't do it, Mr. Barackman, Mr. Randles, MR. MONEYMAKER....no one. Just one big game. Play the money game, never mind the truth. Hey, does anyone think I like doing this? Saying these things? Truth be known, I HATE having to bring this stuff up! But it all needs to be said by someone, and since I'm usually the bad guy around here it usually comes from me. Point being, there's a harsh reality behind why we don't know the truth, and we know what it is.

Admin

Very interesting hiflier...

bf-poll.JPG

It IS interesting. The hard part would be convincing those percentages that, collectively, they just may have the power to confront the question of existence head on with officials in an effort to gain the truth. And an outcome either way, whether "yes" or "no," would be far, far from trivial. 

This is why I want to become a knower.  That why I can have my own proof they are real. 

but yes, I want to know if it’s real 

I am perfectly fine with BF existence being nebulous.  If it was 100% proven to be real I believe there would be a lot of serious problems for both BF and us as a society.