Anyone have any recent photos of a Bigfoot they took ?

We have some members who are really active in research and searching for a visual of one . I figure maybe who knows ?

Where I live there isn't any to research or try and film  . At least I'm convinced of it so research is pointless in my humble opinion .

Some members  live in hot spots and have found some evidence being possible prints . I would just love to see something new posted

of a recent photo or game camera film .

• Upvote 1

Not everyone who "has the goods" would be willing to share it on a public forum. I've mentioned several times that I would never release a clear video, such as one in 4k, were I to have such a thing.

What keeps me going out in the field is nature. I was hiking and backpacking long before I ever thought about a sasquatch. A day-time visual is and has always been my goal whether it gets recorded or not. Probably prefer it didn't.

• Like 1

eh, just post it anonymously, it's not anyone would believe it anyway. Best to share it than keep it hidden and stifling research imho

For the greater good

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 1

^^ "For the greater good," LOL. Liked your post and got the irony :) The thing is Gigantopithicus, Paranthropus, Neanderthal, Home Erectus, and other paleos were all proposed over 50years ago but we still see those ancient beings being brought up, even back when Meldrum was proposing them, as if they were new thoughts and ideas. All of them were brought up as possibilities in a book back in 1975. So much for progress. there IS no progress and has't been for a long, long, time. I feel sorry for new members who get handed this kind of stuff as if it were some kind of cutting edge thinking. It isn't. In truth it's very old thinking being rehashed. Footprint casts, hair sample analysis, recordings, photos, videos....ALL are ancient history paraded out to new generations who don't KNOW that it's old stuff.

Make people look like deep thinking expert researchers. They are not. Same things said and done over and over. Go ahead anyone, bring a photo, bring a "new" photo of a footprint, bring in a "new" photo of a footprint cast, bring in a "new" audio. It's all been done hundreds of times over. New members come in and the whole thing gets to start all over again. Fine. But where does that leave today? Hmmm, oh, about 50 years back. Differences? sure. A dozen museums, 20 annual conferences, a thousand books, hundreds and hundreds of vendors.....and yet, nothing proving the creature even exists. The only thing to show for it all is money, money, money, and more money to be made.

Bot how much money is thrown at getting proof? Certainly not much if any compared to the billions taken in by the BF industry. Guess everyone's okay with that? I'm not, never have been.  Given the chance I'd singlehandedly shut it all down. So that all the money will be available for funding discovery. Truth.

Beyond that, I'll humor you: :Anyone have any recent photos of a Bigfoot they took ?

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1

I'm certainly no expert by any means, though my interest goes back to the theater screening of the PGF, through discussions and readings I've arrived at some semi plausible hypotheses, some of my own, others borrowed. But with my bio and anthropology background there may be a couple keys in here somewhere.

my current headliner is the idea of the megafauna hominid, having arrived across the Bering straight in successive waves, as sea levels permitted, each at different stage of eastern hemisphere hominid development, which then encountered geographic isolation from its former gene pool once sea levels rose again, which with such distinct separation coupled with a new and dynamically shifting ecosystem replete with a new set of predators and food sources, fostered accelerated speciation and adaptations. Presuming some arrived before or during the period where new world mammals evolved into gigantism, it might be safe to consider they were swept up in the phenomena as well, and evolved into larger hominid forms.

• Upvote 3

I have read your hypothesis, guy-z, and find it quite interesting and certainly worth deeper consideration. Especially since an important artifact that could have been pertinent to your hypothesis, IMO, went missing from Mike Ruggles' Bigfoot Discovery Museum in California. That being the last piece of a large whole tooth that had been given to him by a collector of fossil shark teeth that found it after a rain in the Sand Hills around Santa Cruz. It's ironic that the last piece, which he kept in a vial at the museum went missing just two weeks before I called him at the museum  concerning the artifact. He had sent one piece to Dr. Melba Ketchum which she destroyed in the testing process. She put in a request for a second piece to which Mike refused. Instead he had the second piece forwarded to the late Dr. Bryan Sykes by Dr. Jeffery Meldrum.

When Mike's last piece, which he kept under the main counter at the museum, went missing he contacted Dr. Sykes and asked that the last remaining piece, which was in his possession, be returned. Dr. Sykes informed Mike that since he wasn't the one who submitted the piece that Mike wasn't authorized to have it sent back to him. Mike then contacted Dr. Meldrum requesting that Dr. Meldrum contact Dr. Sykes and request that the last piece of the tooth be returned. It wasn't and soon after Dr. Sykes subsequently passed away. No one seems to know where the tooth remnant is or who has it. And since Dr. Sykes' forte was predominately in hair sampling the tooth remnant is presumed to now be lost and no one knows who has it.

I don't know if Mike Ruggles is still asking for Dr. Meldrum to find the artifact of if Dr. Medrum has either forgotten about it or had given up trying to track in down. Below are photos of the tooth along with a partial jawbone of Meganthropus for comparison. Care to take up and continue the research from here?

Tooth-Views.thumb.jpg.a986fa70f4b3e402fadcc4f1af10eece.jpgMeganthropus-A-Sangiran-6-e1483157950619.jpg.643ba8d7c5ac3ab5ba8cad7681ac8e35.jpg

Edited by hiflier

I like what Thinker Thunker is doing with video and photo analysis. I think it's an interesting take on the study of evidence and more importantly seems to be repeatable.

He's been measuring the ratio of torso to arm to leg and showing a radical difference between modern human and various photos and videos of purported sasquatch. They fall into two sides, and is very compelling evidence.

He just released a video about the very few facial shots of potential Bigfoot, for example the trail cam Bigfoot and the white monster photo, as well as a head that was on display measuring center of eye to center of bridge of nose, down to the bottom of the nose to the lip. 

Even in the bell curve of human body proportions, these fall well outside ours, and interestingly fall inside their own.

IMO, this is the most interesting shift in study of the subject in a long while.

• Upvote 2

Then Thinker Thunker needs to take everything to an anthropologist as well as a zoologist AND a primatologist. Or even submit his investigations to several of each. TT has been around and doing this sort of thing for a long time. Could be time to up his game rather than post YouTube vids for clicks and subscribers. The Bigfoot community is not the judge and jury that will settle the matter of existence beyond agreeing or not agreeing with what he presents. Convincing or not convincing a viewer gets him nowhere. I don't wish to consider him or his work a dead end but where dose he or the community go from there? No one that I'm aware of is knocking on science or academia's door and saying here's the proof you're looking for?

IDK, maybe Thinker Thunker is doing that, which would be the next step in his process, but I doubt that he is. Can't fault him for his efforts though I don't see the effect of those efforts coming to any fruition. Lotta work, where's the payoff? Doing it for the love of it? Maybe, but it seems more like, "There, see, the creature is real. You be the judge." And I've heard "you be the judge" at the end of most of what passes for video evidence, or even so-called documentaries.

Here's the thing, people report Sasquatch sightings to F&W just about every stat where Sasquatch is supposed to roam. So there will be a database of those reports. Not at the state parks and not at the national parks. At F&W. My advice? Go ask for a copy of it. That is only part of the path that I am currently on, which is why I said a while back that it's a path that no one really wants to take. I've seen enough responses from members over the past few years to get that. This isn't about talking to a ranger one runs across out in the woods or at a campground that may say something privately. This is about setting up a meeting and a time to go to a state F&W agency, walk in the door, sit down, and actually speak to someone, not about purchasing a hunting or a fishing license, but about Sasquatch. Pure and simple. Doing something like that is just not for everyone......trust me.

Edited by hiflier

29 minutes ago, norseman said:

Proof and video analysis should not be used in the same sentence ever.

To the point and well said. And agree. Everyone needs to understand that I'm not zeroing out what's been done to get where we are in this.But most of it has been done before, and done/discussed long ago. Granted we have new Homo species discoveries. Granted we have new technologies. And granted we have knowledge to build on should we choose to go further with what we have. And that where the crux of this lies. We don't go further. I've seen a couple of new members in the pas couple of years bring that up. And I ALWAYS bring it up because every year I look for progress. There isn't any. I give it another year, and still nothing, and another, same thing. I have pushed new technologies like DNA here, Taught it to you, described the techniques for prep and collection. Took almost two years before there was a positive response. I have encouraged MEANINGFUL contact with F&W. Some members admitted they were afraid to raise a hand or a head. Urged contact with academia. I've heard nothing about it.

Some have pushed back. Most do nothing but wait for the rants to pass. So here we are, 2023 and again I see nothing in the way of change this year over last year, or the years before. Even discussions get repeated with the same people giving their same opinions which have done what to go forward in this subject. I have honestly tried my best for years here to light a fire under this Forum to gt off it's butt and shine like it could potentially shine. Not asking the Forum as a group to take up pitchforks and storm the castle for an answer. Only wishing that SOME individual, or individuals, would be motivated enough to do something different, stronger, to push the existence question toward someone who could actually help.

Question: does anyone here, or anyone you know of have a case number at the Department of Agriculture? Or a phone number for the USFW? Or has scheduled a two hour meeting with a biologist at a state F&W agency? My educated guess is that the answers to those questions are "no." Don't worry, 2024 is only 9 moths away...so maybe....doubt it....something will happen then if we're all just as patient as the last ten years. And keep our heads down of course. Can't say much more, but I DO wish there was a Sasquatch Forum somewhere that meant business and had a bit more going for it where discovery is concerned. Three of four years ago it was looking hopeful here. Boy was I wrong.  

8 hours ago, xspider1 said:

......your rants about how everyone else should proceed in these inquiries are increasingly more and more annoying

Excuse me, xspider1, I practice what I preach as the saying goes. I have NEVER asked anyone to do anything I am not doing or have been doing. And I'm being "annoying" on purpose in an effort to motivate people to lose repeating the same MO that hasn't worked in decades. And that goes for either shooting one (proof- for a while anyway) or simply getting a clear photo or video (not proof- ever). Short of that,the other approach is two-fold: Be brave enough to confront agencies or find ways to collect DNA. BOTH  knocking on doors and collecting DNA of which are well withing the grasp of just about EVERYONE no matter who they are or what level of experience they may have.

I an only "annoying" to anyone that wants and prefers zero for progress and is somehow satisfied with current, obviously, non-productive approaches.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• gigantor locked this topic