Anyone have any recent photos of a Bigfoot they took ?

23 minutes ago, norseman said:

I am certainly not a hot commodity in the Bigfoot world. And I don’t have any secret to finding a Bigfoot. But a solemn promise to the BFF is that if I do stumble across one technique or hotspot or resource?

I WILL share it with all of you. For me it’s about discovering a new species. Nothing more.

To stay on topic? That would include any interesting photos!🤞

(Which reminds me I need to pull my trail camera and get new batteries in it)

The PGF site is well known but doesn't get a ton of traffic. Maybe that is how it would go if you shared a location/hotspot. Maybe, though, your pristine location would start to attract the shoot types, the trapper types, etc. and then your spot is ruined and the ecosystem holding a sasquatch will be stressed. Not sure sharing with the psychos online is a great idea. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

The PGF site is well known but doesn't get a ton of traffic. Maybe that is how it would go if you shared a location/hotspot. Maybe, though, your pristine location would start to attract the shoot types, the trapper types, etc. and then your spot is ruined and the ecosystem holding a sasquatch will be stressed. Not sure sharing with the psychos online is a great idea. 

I’m a shoot type….

Either way? Science is based on testable and repeatable results. If I claim I’m recording strange primate howls every time I go to X spot. And you go out there and record only Bard Owls? That’s a problem. Or film a Bigfoot at spot X and then won’t tell any one with a measuring tape where it is? That’s a problem. The more we share? The more plausible this subject becomes. The more we hide from each other the more it looks like smoke and mirrors.

IMHO

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, norseman said:

For the record thats Hifliers quote not mine.

Good catch and it is my posting mistake. Sorry about that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, norseman said:

I’m a shoot type….

Either way? Science is based on testable and repeatable results. If I claim I’m recording strange primate howls every time I go to X spot. And you go out there and record only Bard Owls? That’s a problem. Or film a Bigfoot at spot X and then won’t tell any one with a measuring tape where it is? That’s a problem. The more we share? The more plausible this subject becomes. The more we hide from each other the more it looks like smoke and mirrors.

IMHO

But why do you care what others think about it? Why do you think this is the path?

4 hours ago, norseman said:

I am certainly not a hot commodity in the Bigfoot world. And I don’t have any secret to finding a Bigfoot. But a solemn promise to the BFF is that if I do stumble across one technique or hotspot or resource?

I WILL share it with all of you. For me it’s about discovering a new species. Nothing more.

To stay on topic? That would include any interesting photos!🤞

(Which reminds me I need to pull my trail camera and get new batteries in it)

I'm going on a pretty good camping  trip this summer and If by some crazy chance I was to happen to capture a photo this is the first place I will share it with .

Edited by 7.62
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

But why do you care what others think about it? Why do you think this is the path?

Because I believe in the scientific classification of animals?🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, norseman said:

Because I believe in the scientific classification of animals?🤷‍♂️

Do you think scientific acceptance would be good or bad for this animal? They seem to be doing just fine now, and are intentionally the most elusive animal in the world. 

42 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

Do you think scientific acceptance would be good or bad for this animal? They seem to be doing just fine now, and are intentionally the most elusive animal in the world. 

44 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

We don’t know that they are doing fine now. Because we have no scientific data to base anything on. So are they just elusive? Or are they vanishing? By what unit of measure can we measure an unknown species success or failure?

I guess to put it in perspective? Has the endangered species act helped save the Grizzly bear? I would say yes it has. If the Grizzly bear was just a myth? It probably would no longer be found in the lower 48.

Any person on the planet can donate money to save the mountain Gorilla. Which would not be possible as a myth.

https://gorillafund.org

Undoubtedly human expansion and activities have not helped Bigfoot as a species, just like so many others. And typically one species fate is intertwined with others. Look at our Salmon depletion….

https://www.nwcouncil.org/reports/columbia-river-history/extinction/

But you cannot fix a problem if you don’t know it’s broken. Bigfoot remaining a pixie or a gnome….. a spooky campfire myth does not receive conservation funds or environmental impact studies. It’s a roll of the dice. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, norseman said:

We don’t know that they are doing fine now. Because we have no scientific data to base anything on..........

That in and of itself pretty much establishes a dying population.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, norseman said:

We don’t know that they are doing fine now. Because we have no scientific data to base anything on. So are they just elusive? Or are they vanishing? By what unit of measure can we measure an unknown species success or failure?

I guess to put it in perspective? Has the endangered species act helped save the Grizzly bear? I would say yes it has. If the Grizzly bear was just a myth? It probably would no longer be found in the lower 48.

Any person on the planet can donate money to save the mountain Gorilla. Which would not be possible as a myth.

https://gorillafund.org

Undoubtedly human expansion and activities have not helped Bigfoot as a species, just like so many others. And typically one species fate is intertwined with others. Look at our Salmon depletion….

https://www.nwcouncil.org/reports/columbia-river-history/extinction/

But you cannot fix a problem if you don’t know it’s broken. Bigfoot remaining a pixie or a gnome….. a spooky campfire myth does not receive conservation funds or environmental impact studies. It’s a roll of the dice. 

Grizzlies were hunted to near extinction. Bigfoot are not hunted. How much money does a gorilla actually need? Is their rent expensive? Are the prices of leaves going up? I wonder how much of these funds actually go to the cause. From my light internet research, 90% of these funds usually go to payrolling the organization. 

I can't think of many times that humans have been a net positive on the environment. 

I take it you are 100% on the ape side; if these beings are closer to human than ape, do you still think we should push them into the mainstream? If they are a relict hominid, their elusive nature is intentional. Any thoughts around that aspect of it or does it change how you'd see it? 

I appreciate your perspective. Nice to not see eye to eye with someone on a forum and to actually have it turn into conversation, not devolve into mud slinging. Respect!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, NorCalWitness said:

Grizzlies were hunted to near extinction. Bigfoot are not hunted. How much money does a gorilla actually need? Is their rent expensive? Are the prices of leaves going up? I wonder how much of these funds actually go to the cause. From my light internet research, 90% of these funds usually go to payrolling the organization. 

I can't think of many times that humans have been a net positive on the environment. 

I take it you are 100% on the ape side; if these beings are closer to human than ape, do you still think we should push them into the mainstream? If they are a relict hominid, their elusive nature is intentional. Any thoughts around that aspect of it or does it change how you'd see it? 

I appreciate your perspective. Nice to not see eye to eye with someone on a forum and to actually have it turn into conversation, not devolve into mud slinging. Respect!! 

Respect to you as well!

Their rent is extremely expensive, because starving Africans want to slash and burn their remaining habitat and turn it into a avocado farm. 

Humans are great at making the environment work for ourselves at the expense of other species. The trick is raising awareness that we may want to keep a few of those species around.

I mean Diane Fossey was killed by Gorilla poachers. So I cant speak for her whole organization but I do think it has stayed the axe. Rich people through eco tourism allows the Gorillas to exist and the region to get an influx of cash. If the donations simply keep tourists coming? They are doing their job.

Humans are great apes. Bigfoot will be a great ape. Obviously they are bipedal so I would put them closer to a human than say a Chimp. But regardless? Until we have a body on a slab? We wont know just how closely related we are to it. This species escapes classification. And so therefore they have no Diane Fossey. Maybe the species is doing fine. But maybe it is not.

Ive never seen one. Ive seen a convincing set of snow tracks in 1980. Thats not a-lot to go on. And that was a long time ago. 

They will never be Mountain Gorillas. Your never going to track them through the forest with Aunt Betsy in tow. But we cannot find a bone or tooth or a corpse any where? I mean I accept forest Ninjas to a point but it gets outta hand. They dont own crematoriums!🤣

So then it becomes a conspiracy theory and why.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

I'm confused. hilarious scene tho.

Norse has a long-stated policy of willingness to use a rifle to settle the Bigfoot question.

Your comment was "Do you think scientific acceptance would be good or bad for this animal?"

Ash states "Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun."

I thought it was self-explanatory, but I often have odd notions.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Norse has a long-stated policy of willingness to use a rifle to settle the Bigfoot question.

Your comment was "Do you think scientific acceptance would be good or bad for this animal?"

Ash states "Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun."

I thought it was self-explanatory, but I often have odd notions.

I'm dense. makes sense lol

• Upvote 1

• gigantor locked this topic