Great Places To Search For Bigfoot ?

Guest tracker

T, in my neck of the Woods, the biggest problem we have is not with the Mammals, but the Malayan Pit Vipers, the Cobra's etc etc etc..;)

I live in SE Asia, but i vacation a lot and will be in the US full time sooner rather than later hopefully.. :D

& actually T, that part of Alaska thta i'm talking about ( Prince of Wales Island specifically ) doesn't actually have the Brown Bears believe it or not.. :)

http://www.adfg.alas...wnbear.rangemap

Lots of Black bears though

SSR Team

Lots of Black bears though

Oh yeah, smothered with them it seems..

Give me a Black on over a Brown one any day though.. ;)

Guest tracker

T, in my neck of the Woods, the biggest problem we have is not with the Mammals, but the Malayan Pit Vipers, the Cobra's etc etc etc..;)

I live in SE Asia, but i vacation a lot and will be in the US full time sooner rather than later hopefully.. :D

& actually T, that part of Alaska thta i'm talking about ( Prince of Wales Island specifically ) doesn't actually have the Brown Bears believe it or not.. :)

http://www.adfg.alas...wnbear.rangemap

I'll take a closer look at that map a bit later. I remember always having to be concerned when hiking out west unarmed with the bears. Was stalked once by a Griz in Alberta after that it sticks with you. dry.gif

Vipers, nice. Tracker dry.gif

SSR Team

I'll take a closer look at that map a bit later. I remember always having to be concerned when hiking out west unarmed with the bears. Was stalked once by a Griz in Alberta after that it sticks with you. dry.gif

Vipers, nice. Tracker dry.gif

Give me any Snake at all over being stalked by a Griz, any day..;)

Guest tracker

Give me any Snake at all over being stalked by a Griz, any day..;)

Speaking of snakes I'll post a couple of pics from my last adventure where they love to hide.

Guest tracker

If your seeking a close encounter of then animal kind including Bf's then investigate caves and dens. It more dangerous mind you then hiking a trail or call blasting or wood knocking from camp. You could get stuck, bitten or mawlled crawling into one. Or just get hurt banging your head or knee against a rock. Here's smaller one from the entrance and inside. I posted pics from inside a deep cave in my "On the Hunt" thread.

th_DSCF0028.jpgth_DSCF0012-1.jpgth_DSCF0011-1.jpg

Anyways be careful out there and don't search alone just in case? Well I do solo trips but that's different. It depend on your training, experience and comfort level I guess?

Yea i know good at giving advice bad at taking it. Tracker dry.gif

Edited by tracker

Guest tracker

{Posted twice by mistake.}

Yea watch out for them and others I always check the cave and the area before I go in.

Actually I am worried more about being sprayed by a skunk then disturbing bears, wolves, cougars or some Bf's! lol biggrin.gif

seriously, tracker wink.gif

You see Bob that didn't hurt after all. So where do you live again WA ? Both WA and OR are great places to search. Alaska has many big browns a person needs to consider when researching. Are they a factor in your neck of the woods? and ya cougars too and the bigger Black bears you guys seem to have in the PNW. Jeez this is a dangerous hobby when you think about it ? lol

Living in Portland, I only have to drive for two hours in any direction and I'm in prime BF territory. I gotta say it's great.

The only black bears I've seen have been ones running from me, I don't worry about them. The only things I really worry about in the woods are cougars, other people, getting my Jeep stuck 40 miles from no one else, or falling down and snapping bone (or similar accident).

I do carry bear spray and a big knife. I dunno if they will save me, but I feel safer carrying them.

SSR Team

Living in Portland, I only have to drive for two hours in any direction and I'm in prime BF territory. I gotta say it's great.

The only black bears I've seen have been ones running from me, I don't worry about them. The only things I really worry about in the woods are cougars, other people, getting my Jeep stuck 40 miles from no one else, or falling down and snapping bone (or similar accident).

I do carry bear spray and a big knife. I dunno if they will save me, but I feel safer carrying them.

Would Cougar's actually go for Adult Male Humans then OM, stalk & try to attack for Lunch i mean ??

Would Cougar's actually go for Adult Male Humans then OM, stalk & try to attack for Lunch i mean ??

I know of two friends that have had close encounters with cougars, both of them hunters.

The first was a coworker that I knew hunted a lot, I asked him is he ever had anything spooky happen to him in the woods (with the intention of segueing into the subject of bigfoot). He told me a story when he was solo hunting up in the Blue Mountains. He was hiking in a secluded valley area that had one trail in a out. He started to get the "spooky I’m being watched" feeling. It got so bad he decided to hike back out of the trail he was on. On the way out, he saw cougar tracks on top of his incoming tracks. He never saw the cat, but he thinks he was being stalked.

Another friend was hunting and saw the cougar as it was hunched down as if getting ready to pounce on him. It was directly above him on a rock outcropping. My friend drew his gun and slowly backed off as he stared down the cat. He was shocked as this sort of behavior is rare. He felt the cat must have been very hungry to act so bold.

Attacks are rare, but most outdoors people I know feel cougars have lost their fear of humans since cougar hunts were effectively stopped here in 1994.

Guest tracker

Sure why not, were not that much bigger on average and they hunt bigger prey than us. Hunters with rifles must strong deterrent. most hunters are men that might challenge them so they decide to look for easier targets is my guess.

Are the cougar numbers still low?

SSR Team

Would i be right in saying though that you could actually fight the Cougar & come out on top ??

I say that as i have seen them in Zoo's & didn't think they was that big really & Cats have never really struck me as the bravest of Animals, the bigger one's maybe but like i said i didn't think Cougars were actually that big when i've seen them in Zoo's & i thought they were definately " doable ". :D

& it doesn't look like Cougar numbers are down to me T, in WA anyway..

http://wdfw.wa.gov/living/dangerous/cougar_reports/index.php?keys=cougar&county=&year=&submit=SEARCH

Guest Primate

Friend of my father heard his 150ld Akita barking..It stopped. He got to the back door in time to see it going over an 8 foot fence in the mouth of a cougar.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Friend of my father heard his 150ld Akita barking..It stopped. He got to the back door in time to see it going over an 8 foot fence in the mouth of a cougar.

Are you saying a Cougar can lift a 150lb Akita over an 8ft Fence in it's mouth ?? :unsure:

I find that incredibly tough to believe .