Minnesota Ice Man

Guest Central Pa

SOLD!!! and for what price? We don't really know as the price of $20,000 is crossed out so another offer I'm sure was made for much more IMO. Nice pictures.

And for what it's worth, I passed the exhibit years ago in Oklahoma City at the State Fair I believe, and decided not to visit. I had horses at the time and was on my way to feed them in the barn. Too bad I missed it......... oh well.

However, I think the fake is based on a real specimen. Cottage Grove, MN? Interesting......

Is anyone aware that at the Cryptopalooza event in Jefferson, TX, last year, Lauren Coleman proclaimed to the audience that he had just acquired the Minnesota Iceman? If so, perhaps the item sold on eBay was Lauren Coleman's "iceman". Also, the description in eBay stated the item for sell was the hoaxed display figure. Many of the questions about the fake v.s real iceman should be addressed to Lauren Coleman.

Edited by therealsuperdave

To me the pictures of the iceman that I have seen look like two different entities. Similar but different. I believe one was real. Heroin was smuggled out of Vietnam Nam in body bags so itis possible that a Vietnamese specimen was brought back. I guess we'll never know. But they look like what I imagine a Ketchum human hybrid Sasquatch would look like.

REALLY appreciated the time and effort of the people who coordinated all the information on this. Some of the images and photos were new to me. It would take some time and inquiry to follow through with all aspects of this. Not convinced that the story is complete since my initial impression of the Sanderson Huevelmans observations is still undecided. There any chance that this recent sale has anything to do with the Biscardi/Dyer group? & wondering if they would be selling it to ea other to perhaps drive up the bid ? Just a thought ... nothing more..

Guest mspstomper

Seller in Minneapolis...hoping Bipto got it! It's about 10 minutes from my house, would have LOVED to see that thing. MIM has always been one of my favorite stories.

This is incredible, and could be the real deal. Thanks for posting. I can't wait to hear if anyone was able to contact the seller (or buyer) for more comments. Someone with the knowledge could likely quickly determine if it was of period make from materials, etc.

Edit to add: And by real deal, I meant at least a Hansen model...

Edited by notgiganto

Old photos of the Minnesota Iceman from 1968 show that the creature had a white face, yet in 2013 it has turned brown? Maybe just more than one model produced for Hansen....

The original report, as published by Byrne in The Search for Bigfoot, describes the face as a" yellowish - i.e, Caucasoid <white> or pinkish - color and naked except for two most remarkable hair tracks....up the septum between the nares from the top of the upper lip to the frontal point of the very pug nose...the other is a mere scattering of bristly short hairs on the brow ridges but not joining across the (nonexistant) bridge of the nose."

Could an already yellowish face have browned with age?

Edited by notgiganto

Guest Rick West

This is incredible, and could be the real deal. Thanks for posting. I can't wait to hear if anyone was able to contact the seller (or buyer) for more comments. Someone with the knowledge could likely quickly determine if it was of period make from materials, etc.

Perhaps something else is happening and people only see the illusion.

Wouldn't be the first time.