Bigfoot in Indiana? Hoosier group says you bet - Terre Haute Tribune Star

BFFbot

Wasn’t there a member named Guy in Indiana? Maybe he could comment about this article if he is still a member.

7 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

Wasn’t there a member named Guy in Indiana? Maybe he could comment about this article if he is still a member.

Yep. I "once was" a member of this groups Facebook page, but I cut my ties and blocked them because I wouldn't be a part of it after many threads and discussions that led me to distance myself. They are like many groups out there with vast differences of opinion, but when people routinely claim things with nothing more than "take my word" and every venture into the woods produces an encounter, I won't buy it. There were even open claims by people associated with the group of 20 and 21 foot tall Bigfoot out there, but you're not going to get to see them because they're invisible and they won't let "you". 

From my venturing into "bigfooting" in 2003 until just a couple years ago, I had some contact with the guy named as the original founder of that group, and I believe he's had things happen years ago. When I first started my website for collecting reports and sightings he sent my one from an area I went to investigate and not many years later I would receive an additional report from a family within a half mile of his report. These families had no connection what-so-ever, and would again later be contacted by a 3rd party who had a daytime sighting in the same vicinity, so I don't take his first report to me as any less credible, but over the years I saw way too much to feel comfortable connecting myself to many of the people relating fantastical tales and "facts" about the creatures with pretty much zero to back it up. And as usual, some played the "I'm descended from native American" and because of that there's a special connection to these creatures that "only they understand", and so I had had my fill of it all. I could go on, but like the subject itself, these are only my opinions and observations and interactions with some of the people named in the story.

I don't wish to denigrate them (the group) as a whole. I'm sure many are just naive and good people, but you can't believe EVERYTHING people tell you because "you have to" and we all have that moment where we know it's best to part ways and leave others to do their own thing while you do yours.

Just my 2 cents. -Mike

Archived