Is The Skookum Cast Still Considered To Be A Potential Bigfoot Lay?

Here's a snapshot from my video of an elk rising.

attachicon.gifElkRise.jpg

When rising the elk kicked its rear legs behind it and is now kicking a front leg in front of it. When it stands up on all four legs the legs are on the outside of where it laid NOT right under it.

Ok, so now visualize your Elk in your picture walking off forward.......

Will there be visible tracks within the lay?

No kidding DWA... I just post the exact same type of comment you have posted 8700+ times and you say it's unsubstantive.....

Read up and learn what's going on here.... study the reports. Get informed.... and quickly.

Martin.  Really.  Come on now.  Game uppage required, big time.  You study the reports?  Martin...you don't read them.

OK, Martin.  I'll give you a chance.  Tell me what your study of the reports you haven't read reveals.  I want a list of sources:  databases read; books read; conclusions drawn from a life in the woods.  Mine reiterated over and over here, so you have those.  Your turn.

Ok, so now visualize your Elk in your picture walking off forward.......

Will there be visible tracks within the lay?

When the bull elk walks forward he moves his front left leg first then his rear right leg and so on. So in my film the rear right leg is the only step that would be in the elk lay itself in my film.

No.Hoof.Prints.Of.Rising.Elk.Anywhere.In.Skookum.

Of course we are still waiting for Our Expert, Martin, to check in with a conclusive mansplanation.

Oh, sorry, those are [crickets]...

OK, Martin. I'll give you a chance. Tell me what your study of the reports you haven't read reveals. I want a list of sources: databases read; books read; conclusions drawn from a life in the woods. Mine reiterated over and over here, so you have those. Your turn.

It reveals you are wrong to the point that it appears either your gaming these conversations or just completely unable to comprehend even the most basic points of simple facts.

You asked so there it is....

Edited by chelefoot
  • Upvote 2

When the bull elk walks forward he moves his front left leg first then his rear right leg and so on. So in my film the rear right leg is the only step that would be in the elk lay itself in my film.

And I would accept one or two or three or four........but not none.

I have four elk legs in my barn. Maybe I should do some of my own testing.

But I got smashed by a horse today and heard a few ribs pop, knocked the wind out of me and hurts bad. Might have to wait abit.

Hello All,

What I've seen and learned, at least so far is that the tracks will for the most part end op alongside the lay. Why? because an Elk doesn't pull it's legs under it's side to get up. It rolls up onto them. Otherwise it's sleeping or wallowing on top of it's own legs. That being the apparent way it works tells me the hoof prints will not be in the lay. Unless once up it actually turns into the lay in which case the rear hooves should track. 

^^^^^^

I would say the opposite is true, very seldom a hooved animal will lay flat on their side with their legs sticking out to the side as if they were dead.

They usually rest on the ground with their legs under them. Why? Because they can be up in a instant if a threat appears.

And I would accept one or two or three or four........but not none.

I have four elk legs in my barn. Maybe I should do some of my own testing.

But I got smashed by a horse today and heard a few ribs pop, knocked the wind out of me and hurts bad. Might have to wait abit.

I said the rear right leg did. That is one that would be visible in the elk lay if it where in mud.

Yes.

That just shows that the elk in my video, the skookum cast, and in this youtube video can get up and move away from their resting position differently under different circumstances.

Start video at 1:25.

Edited by CMBigfoot

Hello Norseman,

Thanks, yes, I understand that now. I kept picturing the wallowing motion of the video which to me flattens a lot more area without hoof prints. I do understand though that for self preservation the animal will assume a more upright posture. Bot opened up a can of worms this time didn't I ;) Good to iron it out though. Agreed not all animals, situations, environments, and seasons are identical. That's what makes it tough. Everyone's right, we weren't there. But we learn from it anyway. At least this has been educational for me. I do need to know this stuff. Thanks everyone. 

Skookum remains....well.....Skookum as far as I can see.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic