Sounds like a Snelgrove Lake but Oregon

norseman

• norseman changed the title to Sounds like a Snelgrove Lake but Oregon

Ashland .. Hyatt Lake .. I spent 23 years in Ashland and a bit of it up around Hyatt and the other 2 lakes, especially in the first 10 years or so.   Seems relatively.   I don't see anything particularly wrong with the location or account details.    There's quite a bit of activity reported within 5-ish miles.

2 minutes ago, MIB said:

Ashland .. Hyatt Lake .. I spent 23 years in Ashland and a bit of it up around Hyatt and the other 2 lakes, especially in the first 10 years or so.   Seems relatively.   I don't see anything particularly wrong with the location or account details.    There's quite a bit of activity reported within 5-ish miles.

Are you familiar with the cabin?

54 minutes ago, norseman said:

Are you familiar with the cabin?

Probably not that specific one, there are quite a number of cabins by the lake.    There is a group of cabins at the southwest end of the lake.   There are more scattered on the west shore.     As I remember, the group at the SW end of the lake are down a private road, might even be gated.      There are a couple of campgrounds and some organizational (aka church / service organization) campgrounds around the lakes as well.  

• Thanks 1

Dang! I'm pretty sure I would have freaked out shining that light down to such a creature just 4' below me and then having it make such a noise as I watched it!  But then to go out after it in the dark of the forest? Awww heck no!!

I'd think on some levels the guy was happy not to have heard about the door being ripped off and the cabin ransacked, since that could easily have occurred when they were still there, although perhaps unlikely, but who knows? 

Maybe the moral of the story is don't go snowmobiling at night, disturbing the locals with all the noise, as it would seem it followed them home to express it's displeasure! 

9 hours ago, guyzonthropus said:

Dang! I'm pretty sure I would have freaked out shining that light down to such a creature just 4' below me and then having it make such a noise as I watched it!  But then to go out after it in the dark of the forest? Awww heck no!!

I'd think on some levels the guy was happy not to have heard about the door being ripped off and the cabin ransacked, since that could easily have occurred when they were still there, although perhaps unlikely, but who knows? 

Maybe the moral of the story is don't go snowmobiling at night, disturbing the locals with all the noise, as it would seem it followed them home to express it's displeasure! 

In the 70’s all of the ranches would open the gates and have big snowmobile parties. Each ranch house would have a bar and the adults would get more and more smashed with each stop. By the end of the night some sled would be tangled up in a fence or upside down in a ditch.

We had two 440 Cheetahs. 

The best drink was they would brew hot tamale candies in a coffee pot and then add rum. It was basically a hot cinnamon drink before the days of fire ball. And of course hot buttered rum. Us kids drank hot chocolate but always snuck booze when the parents were not looking. 

But it was magically driving through 100’s of miles of trails all private in a winter wonderland at night. Back then the upper Columbia got to -40 and would freeze solid and 6 feet of snow was common. People would snowmobile from Stevens to Ferry county on the ice. Those days are gone.

Now days everyone owns a mountain sled and they trailer up high into the steep and deep. 

We broke down a couple of times in the dark and that was kinda spooky, but Bears were hibernating, no Wolves back then so just had to worry about Cougars. And Bigfoot!

2 hours ago, norseman said:

In the 70’s all of the ranches would open the gates and have big snowmobile parties. Each ranch house would have a bar and the adults would get more and more smashed with each stop. By the end of the night some sled would be tangled up in a fence or upside down in a ditch.

We had two 440 Cheetahs. 

The best drink was they would brew hot tamale candies in a coffee pot and then add rum. It was basically a hot cinnamon drink before the days of fire ball. And of course hot buttered rum. Us kids drank hot chocolate but always snuck booze when the parents were not looking. 

But it was magically driving through 100’s of miles of trails all private in a winter wonderland at night. Back then the upper Columbia got to -40 and would freeze solid and 6 feet of snow was common. People would snowmobile from Stevens to Ferry county on the ice. Those days are gone.

Now days everyone owns a mountain sled and they trailer up high into the steep and deep. 

We broke down a couple of times in the dark and that was kinda spooky, but Bears were hibernating, no Wolves back then so just had to worry about Cougars. And Bigfoot!

As a biker, we continue the trend minus the sub zero temps.    We often take off on 200-300 mile trips in cold or rainy weather.  Drinking at each stop.   But now days its actual fireball, or crown royal.  Etc.    The movement ain’t changed, just the method.   Ride, drink, repeat !     I’ve spent time as a partched member.  I know the gig!   😂😉

• Haha 1

I bet cruising up the frozen Columbia would be a hoot. I used to cross it a few times a year going back an forth from my folks house in Pasadena to college up in Tacoma(university of Puget sound) and we went up it a ways in a boat when I was a kid in the 60s/70s(also did the snake river by jet boat once)

but it's gotta suck breaking down out in the middle of nowhere in snow at night! 

• Like 1

Good catch Norse. This story is very similar to Snelgrove Lake. Cabin on a small lake, banging on the structure, intrusion into and destruction of the inner part of the cabin.  Harrowing experiences at both places.

What amazes me is how Hyatt Lake is only 22 miles from a concentrated population of people (Medford, OR). By comparison, Snelgrove Lake is one amongst hundreds of ponds/lakes in the region with little if any population nearby. It's a wonder a sasquatch could even know humans were there. It had to be the noise of float plane used to access the cabin that alerted the sasquatch to the occupants at Snelgrove Lake.

Snelgrove Lake.pdf

Hyatt Lake.pdf

Edited by wiiawiwb

6 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Good catch Norse. This story is very similar to Snelgrove Lake. Cabin on a small lake, banging on the structure, intrusion into and destruction of the inner part of the cabin.  Harrowing experiences at both places.

What amazes me is how Hyatt Lake is only 22 miles from a concentrated population of people (Medford, OR). By comparison, Snelgrove Lake is one amongst hundreds of ponds/lakes in the region with little if any population nearby. It's a wonder a sasquatch could even know humans were there. It had to be the noise of float plane used to access the cabin that alerted the sasquatch to the occupants at Snelgrove Lake.

Snelgrove Lake.pdf 168.32 kB · 4 downloads

Hyatt Lake.pdf 308.29 kB · 2 downloads

Yes, but it’s in the Cascades and only 55 miles to Happy Camp California aka Bluff creek. It’s in a good spot.

I'm sure that Hyatt Lake produces plenty of sightings and encounters. Northern California, and anywhere in both Oregon and Washington State are dream places to go sasquatching.

• Like 1