How many variations of Sasquatch are there???

PNWexplorer

After having listened to hundreds of eyewitness accounts of Bigfoot encounters on the podcasts "Sasquatch Chronicles" and "Sasquatch Odyssey" I have come to the conclusion that there are clearly many different variations of "Bigfoot".

They vary in terms of colors, physical attributes, facial construction, height, behavior, sounds, movements, aggressiveness, etc.

I believe nearly every single BF encounter I have listened to on the two main podcasts I subscribe to, so, in doing so, I have to believe that we are not dealing with a single species, but with many varied species.  How else do you explain a witness who encounters an 8' tall mostly reddish brown creature who spoke to them telepathically in Oregon and a 10' tall all black creature with glowing red eyes who spoke a language that sounded like Asian gibberish in Texas?

It seems like the more information and data we have on "Bigfoot", the less we know.  They vary dramatically from elusive forest creatures who somehow escaped evolution, to advanced beings who can telepathically communicate with humans and are often associated with unexplained lights in the sky.  It truly is maddening.

I started out believing in the traditional Patterson/Gimlin version portrayed in the infamous film.  I grew up in the same town as the famed BF researcher Grover Krantz and have friends who knew him.  I talked to friends who had BF encounters in the region that all supported the "traditional" BF encounter; an 8' tall bipedal creature that seemed to be part primate and part human.  They stunk, were not aggressive, did the wood knocks and rock throwing, and seemed like a missing link between primates and man.

However, the hundreds of very believable Sasquatch encounters has me certain that there are vastly different species of BF here on earth.

I would be curious to hear other's thoughts on this.

image.thumb.png.4cb1360e234d6854ab79b3e8a83f3899.png

The color variations are just about the same variations we see in the American Black Bear. The size differences are similar to the scale shift we see as we move North. Its Bergmann's rule. 

"Bergmann's rule is an ecogeographical rule that states that within a broadly distributed taxonomic clade, populations and species of larger size are found in colder environments, while populations and species of smaller size are found in warmer regions. Bergmann's rule only describes the overall size of the animals, but does not include body parts like Allen's rule does."

Allen's rule is interesting and explains more variants of the Sasquatch. 

"Allen's rule predicts that endothermic animals with the same body volume should have different surface areas that will either aid or impede their heat dissipation.

Because animals living in cold climates need to conserve as much heat as possible, Allen's rule predicts that they should have evolved comparatively low surface area-to-volume ratios to minimize the surface area by which they dissipate heat, allowing them to retain more heat. For animals living in warm climates, Allen's rule predicts the opposite: that they should have comparatively high ratios of surface area to volume. Because animals with low surface area-to-volume ratios would overheat quickly, animals in warm climates should, according to the rule, have high surface area-to-volume ratios to maximize the surface area through which they dissipate heat.[4]"

My personal opinion about the variation of behaviors is that its like humans - they have their own personalities. 

BUT, if I am going to make my own completely untestable hypothesis, I suspect there are a few different species. Like Polar, Black, Grizzly bears. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

I would be curious to hear other's thoughts on this.

I think there is only one known as bigfoot.   There may be up to 5 kinds of hairy hominids on the loose worldwide but only one that is "bigfoot."    Ivan Sanderson and Robert Alley made pretty good cases for these 5 kinds.  I see no reason to disagree.     The rest of the variation you perceive from the reports reflect not different "kinds of bigfoot" but rather different kinds of witnesses, different mental states, different fear levels, different observational skills, different imagination, and sometimes different excuses for pooping their pants.     I'm sure there are variations among bigfoots, but only one species, same as there are great variations among "black" bears but only one species.

On 8/3/2023 at 9:31 AM, MIB said:

I think there is only one known as bigfoot.   There may be up to 5 kinds of hairy hominids on the loose worldwide but only one that is "bigfoot."    Ivan Sanderson and Robert Alley made pretty good cases for these 5 kinds.  I see no reason to disagree.     The rest of the variation you perceive from the reports reflect not different "kinds of bigfoot" but rather different kinds of witnesses, different mental states, different fear levels, different observational skills, different imagination, and sometimes different excuses for pooping their pants.     I'm sure there are variations among bigfoots, but only one species, same as there are great variations among "black" bears but only one species.

Can you share the work of Sanderson and Alley? It rings a bell, for sure. 

2 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

Can you share the work of Sanderson and Alley? It rings a bell, for sure. 

Abominable Snowmen: Legend Come to Life - Ivan Sanderson

Raincoast Sasquatch - Robert Alley

I don't know of a "reader's digest condensed" version of either.  

I tend to believe that there are two flesh and blood creatures we label as bigfoot or sasquatch in North America. One is slender and more human like. The other is bulky and more ape like. The only real reason I have for this belief is that the eye witness reports tend to bare this out, The usual sighting usually describes one or the other.

Edited by Doug
  • Upvote 1

Ok ..since the photos thread was closed.....personally,I'm coming to the conclusion that the hominid exodus from africa wasn't made up of successive waves, but rather an ongoing process involving any species who either got out competed and pushed out of who's numbers grew to where some had to relocate. There's also always the idea that some decided to get the heck away from all the African predator, hippos,  crocodiles, etc!  There were only so many routes out and pathways once they did. As I've suggested before, hybridization could well have been ongoing as well between any number of groups or species that chose a given direction. Bottlenecks along the way would have intensified this aspect. This would result in an array of varied hominids, all at least somewhat related, moving east towards the Bering straight, and eventually crossing over to disperse over the northern continent. In that we and our forbearers have been upright for a couple million years, there's no telling how many forms made it out of Africa and over the land bridge, but those who arrived in time for the megafauna evolution would have been swept up in it. Those coming later may have gained some of the genetics through further hybridization.  Over time, some forms would probably come to dominate local gene pools, but the possibility of isolated populations is pretty strong as well. So there may indeed be the main 4-5 types, but there will also be localized forms arising from different stock. This leads into the whole type specimen issue, as each may well be close to human genetically, each will differ in its own manner as well. So will they need specimens of each? Once recognized will such variation lead to scales of "just how human is this one?" which could lead to how it might be treated? There could well be considerable numbers of hybrid forms mixing any number of " unknown hominid" genetic lines. 

Now whether this would draw into question what it is to be human or if we'd delineate humans as comprised of X% H.sapiens DNA, I can't say.....

These are 2 adult humans.  Sultan Kosen, 34, is 8 feet 1 inch tall and Jyoti Amge, 24, is 2 feet tall.  If Bigfoot are closely related to humans, perhaps in a more profound way than even Chimps, then I think that the described variations in their size, shape, color, behavior, etc. should be expected.  If they were all reported to be 8-15 feet tall, dark and handsome then, I might have doubts.

human-variation.jpg

Edited by xspider1