Scott Carpenter has passed

MIB

I saw a notice from Ron Morehead on facebook that Scott Carpenter passed earlier today.    A bit later Toby Johnson forwarded this:

A public announcement can go ahead regarding Scott Carpenter's passing. Scott suffered an aneurysm in the brain that was not survivable. It was unexpected and the family and friends including myself are heartbroken. Scott's passing will leave a void in the research arena that may be impossible to fill. Goodbye my friend. Love and prayers to his family.

.. so I guess the bad news is real.  :(

While I strongly disagreed with his interpretation of many of his photos and videos, I understand he was still widely considered a man of integrity. Condolences to his family.

Oh, that's sad! I liked him a lot. While I disagreed with many of his beliefs, he was definitely one of those absolutely legit folks out there, boots on the ground, with some of the best evidence. He had my respect.

Shocking news. My condolences to his family and friends. 

What a loss. 

My condolences to his family and friends. I thought his over-the-shoulder filming technique was innovative and captured a lot of interesting things, even if I didn't always agree with his interpretation of the evidence. A real loss to the community.

• Like 1

I heard about this yesterday on an episode from a BF-themed channel on YouTube. Very sad as he was not that much older than myself (or probably many other members here), he should have had more years of research ahead of him. Hopefully he is in a better place and he now has answers to the very questions that he and many of us here have pondered on the subject.

Condolences to his family and friends. 

• gigantor pinned this topic

I'm of a similar vintage myself, MichaelX.  Hits pretty close to home, huh?  I tried to watch his content but it just didn't keep my attention. I may need to revisit some of that content.  I know he had a reputation for helping people few other would or could.  Thank you for all you have done, Mr. Carpenter and enjoy whatever happens next.  

SSR Team

RIP

RIP Mr. Carpenter. You did what most armchair internet Sasquatch believers never did. Field time. I hope you find what you seek on the other side; I am sure you will.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Did it happen in the field?

BFF Patron

RIP, Bobby Short referenced him several times in my contacts with her, apparently he was pretty well known in research circles. 

Never had the opportunity to meet him.  Condolences to family, friends and mutual research buddies. 

• gigantor unpinned this topic