Investigation: activity in n.c.

7nakedyeti

Hey guys and gals! A good friend and I are headed to look into a coworkers property this Thursday in western North Carolina.  He has been hearing some wood knocks and his dogs have been barking towards the forest recently. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about approaching this situation. I am not really expecting much for an afternoon /evening outing. Probably just do some scouting surrounding property.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 7nakedyeti said:

Hey guys and gals! A good friend and I are headed to look into a coworkers property this Thursday in western North Carolina.  He has been hearing some wood knocks and his dogs have been barking towards the forest recently. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about approaching this situation. I am not really expecting much for an afternoon /evening outing. Probably just do some scouting surrounding property.

Be safe and have fun! 

Mans best friend ( 4 legged ) comes into play. They bark and 'point'. However, dogs will bark at many animals and noises and chase squirrels all day. A good sign may be if the dogs approach the forest and then turn and run away from the forest at full speed.

The animal inventory could have distractions for the dogs. Boots on the ground to check for unusual smells,  noises, tracks, high-head game trails without spider webs in your face. 

Have a basic good camera and a tape measure. Rigid blade tape measures tend to fall over. The flexible tapes that sewers use have enough length and work well on uneven terrain.

Daytime is the safest for you and the dogs.

Stay safe. Maybe a side arm or two or three.

I will let ya know what happens. The fella has some photos of dark figure types behind cover. Maybe they are passing through this time of year,but who knows? To knock or not to knock that is the question. It will be interesting to learn about terrain and talk to him in person. Probably pack some heat in my pack for peace of mind. Yes should be a good time all around.

8 hours ago, 7nakedyeti said:

I will let ya know what happens. The fella has some photos of dark figure types behind cover. Maybe they are passing through this time of year,but who knows? To knock or not to knock that is the question. It will be interesting to learn about terrain and talk to him in person. Probably pack some heat in my pack for peace of mind. Yes should be a good time all around.

Edited.  

it was answered in the original post 

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

Well just back from investigating the location outside of Marion N.C. Talked with the resident about his sighting up above his house on a small knoll. He let my friend and myself scout around his land for an hour or so. I found it interesting that there was a well worn game trail right behind where he saw the sasquatch. Also found what looked like a fox den dug around fallen tree root ball. This area could be a corridor leading from the river through semi residential area just outside town limits. He was kind enough to share a couple photos with us. The story he told us was that he let his golden retriever out to do his business when the dog stopped in his tracks and came running back in to the house. Then he heard two or three knocks when he looked up on hill and saw this beside his satellite dish. I believe this was back in 2016 about the second week of October. Scared him so much and went to grab his rifle, but when he cane back out it was gone. Here are the photos he shared. 

output_image1695954891021.jpg

output_image1695954910431.jpg

output_image1695954923229.jpg

• Upvote 2

I don’t know, something’s there, doesn’t look like a bear.  Long time ago I worked in Asheville for about six months, beautiful part of the country with plenty of wild spaces.  

A friend’s parents had some property by Newland not too far from there with a trout stream running through it, we’d hang out there on the weekends fishing and hiking.  No BF but he did show me several sites with the remains of old stills. 😀

The photos are very interesting. Did anyone measure the scale objects to get a rough estimate on the height? Maybe it thought it was hidden behind the dish.

We thought of that yesterday when looking around,but it was back in 2016 so the vegetation is little more pronounced. I believe the photo was taken from second story which is more level with the hill. It does seem rather short in contrast to dish pole. Anyways we had a good time scoping it out. He also told us of another one he saw in a patch of corn in Yancey county when he was younger. Forgot to add this photo from yesterday. I am not sure if structure or coincidence perhaps.

Also interesting possible wood manipulation. It's clear the face photo was taken from up higher. It would be helpful to measure the fence and dish and try to put a human there to photo for a rough size estimate. Consider audio recording overnight, that's when you can get some good evidence. I don't doubt they're around there at times.

Edited by JKH