The Echo Incident

Guest parnassus

Great.

And just like orbing, shape-shifting and telepathy, now we have to ask scientists to take it seriously.

Footrprints I'd expect them to.  I'd expect them to be able to garner consistent behavioral and morphological characteristics from the anecdotal evidence.

But what's our evidence that sasquatch speak?  What you heard in a recording?

The same evidence that Bipto says is woodape evidence.

It seems that some folks we know that are on the anti kill will come up with about anything in order to keep someone to kill I think that a lot of times they use the "they are human" stuff to push that opinion. The rest just seems to be a basic lack of understanding of biology and animal classification. sorry but bipto hit it right on the head with that statement above! keep up the good work!

didn't see this or i would of included it thats a perfect description.

I'm anti kill and that's my perogative. What Bipto and NAWAC does is on them, but because of what I see in the evidence and when I'm challenged to point it out I will and it would be my duty to do so if I thought they might "technically" commit murder out of ignorance. ( Maybe there is a defense in that, but counting on it is foolish) Some people would blame me for not proving they are genus homo for goodness sakes, and try to put their blood on my hands. It doesn't work that way.....but that really is bigfootery for you.   Everyone owns up to what "they" do out there and they have no one to blame but themselves for it.

If I'm wrong then no foul, If I'm right then I've done my part in it.

• Upvote 1

I've heard it, and not just on the Sierra Sounds CD. As a group, we've heard it and recorded the sounds. We have expertise in linguistics in the group. What we've heard is gibberish. It's usually used by the apes in an exclamatory fashion or as a warning. Not like how people talk to one another.

Thats great that linguist is with you.  B) This is not like a short sentence Bipto? Like "hey don't do that" sort of barking commands? People do talk to each other like this.

We have never heard them "talk" to each other. Only bark at us. Like a dog or an angry animal.

Angry, startled, cautious, etc.

Edited by bipto

It's intersting that you mention."Like a dog". I've heard some stuff from that Michigan group that is very much like the initial huff barks that a Coyote will do, and it's been my pet theory that the wild canines have an influence on them somehow in their behavior. Let me see If I can pull up an example.

Here it is.

coyotes 3-12-10.mp3

What we've heard is gibberish. 

Isn't that exactly how a language that you don't understand would sound? How is the language sounding like "gibberish" proof that it is gibberish? 

Scott Nelson has said that it's necessary to slow the recording of Sasquatch speech to study it properly. According to Nelson, BF speak much more quickly than we do, which would obviously contribute to the impression that the speech is "gibberish".  

As far as I know, Nelson is the only person who claims to have found bigfoot language.

Alex Midnight Walker has many recordings of BF responding, in Spanish, and with contextually appropriate words, to his spoken Spanish. Matthew Johnson has a recording of a BF speaking a phrase in a First Nation language (I forget which one), which phrase means something like, "water falling". The words were spoken twice in one night, each time immediately following his young son's relieving himself near the campsite.

If a BF can speak Spanish and Cherokee, why would it be such a stretch to consider that he might have his own language, as well? There would be nothing extraordinary in that, given that we already know they speak our languages. 

P.S. SouthernYahoo, that recording is fabulous. Thanks for sharing it. 

Edited by LeafTalker

Guest Stan Norton

We know nothing about whether sasquatch speak 'our' language but there sure as hell isn't any evidence to say they do. Your evidence appears to comprise iffy recordings of outlandish claims from people who clearly have a definite quasi-mystical take on sasquatch and hold to daft theories such as land bridges linking the Americas and Europe. There is something so very very silly about the notion that sasquatch speak Spanish. Where did they learn that? When? From whom? Which of the many dialects of Spanish do they speak by the way? 

I think everyone pretty much knows my position, but for the record I don't buy for a second the things speak, let alone are masters of multiple human languages.   What I have heard for myself was purely animal and was sounds, not articulated language even though it clearly was communicating anger/threat.  But then again I've heard and/or seen any number of animal species threat displays that were not a spoken language.  But be that what it may...

This thread is just another old chapter of the usual BF circular argument book.  The bottom line is a dead monkee in the back of someone's truck is unequivocal, not even the most dedicated of the "they-are- super-human-gian- forest-people" camp dwellers can contest that.  The same dead monkee delivered to a major college's biology department with as much press coverage as possible would very quickly answer the question "are they capable of spoken complex language in the same manner as humans"...

We know nothing about whether sasquatch speak 'our' language but there sure as hell isn't any evidence to say they do. Your evidence appears to comprise iffy recordings of outlandish claims from people who clearly have a definite quasi-mystical take on sasquatch and hold to daft theories such as land bridges linking the Americas and Europe. There is something so very very silly about the notion that sasquatch speak Spanish. Where did they learn that? When? From whom? Which of the many dialects of Spanish do they speak by the way? 

So Stan, are you saying you are unable to separate the theories of a person who makes a recording from the recording itself? That's too bad. That will hamper your ability to make progress as a scientist, and in life in general. 

And why would you conclude, from the existing recordings of BF speaking Spanish, that they all speak only one dialect of Spanish? Do all Spanish-speaking people speak only one dialect?

And as to your complete bafflement about where they learned Spanish, and from whom, I have some ideas that might help you with that. You are familiar with the stories of the indigenous peoples here on this continent, are you not? In particular, the stories about how some BF lived alongside them and were their trading partners, yes? So you see that it is not a huge leap to think that the BF might also have lived alongside the Spanish, when the Spanish arrived here in the 1400s. (They might not have lived openly alongside the Spanish, but they didn't always live openly alongside the indigenous peoples, either, and yet still somehow learned to speak their languages.) 

So maybe -- just maybe -- the BF learned Spanish from Spanish-speaking people

Edited by LeafTalker
  • Upvote 1

Guest Stan Norton

I'm sorry. That just makes it worse. It's all far too silly. So sasquatch now speak several Spanish dialects? Presumably several hundred year old dialects too. Do the ones in Pennsylvania speak Old High German? Irish Gaelic or Lowland/Highland Scots in Massachusetts? 

I am simply highly suspicious of purported recordings of this sort. Did you see what made the sounds? Really? No. Nobody did. There is not one shred of evidence that a sasquatch made any such sounds except recordings pedalled by folks who believe in a land bridge between America and Europe. Spain and America in fact. And that sasquatch are some lost Mesopotamian tribe. See how silly it all gets?

I prefer to live my life using my instinct and native reason. Itself got the human race quite a way so far.

The only "silly" thing I see here is the refusal to acknowledge actual, real evidence gathered in such a time-honored, noncontroversial way: via an audio recording device. Oh, and sillier still: Trying to impugn the character of the people who gather the evidence, because you don't like the evidence.

(Oh, I'm sorry, there's still another one: Putting words in the mouth of someone else, making connections they themselves never made, and then ridiculing them for the words you put there.) 

It's fine to withhold judgment, if you're not sure of something. But to pass judgment on something before you DO know the whole story -- to declare there's no possibility of something there's a strong possibility of -- is an obvious failure of instinct and reason.  

• Upvote 1

If Sasquatch speaks? It's got to be human! Then where are the fruits of that?

Remember, the hand axe is older than speech as we know it is. In fact it was probably this need for organization and cooperation that built language as we know it. As our creations became more complex? So did our language.....not the other way around.

Guest Stan Norton

Here are some useful podcasts discussing the real evidence for hominin origins, not stuff made up by some guy with a tape recorder and no grasp of actual geology or history...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sq1nv

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00546rl

...with detailed reading lists by those terribly conventional scientist people who clearly know nothing.

Edited by Stan Norton

You are familiar with the stories of the indigenous peoples here on this continent, are you not? In particular, the stories about how some BF lived alongside them and were their trading partners, yes?

Have they stopped trading? Their utter lack of any manufactured goods would lead one to that conclusion.

So they speak various human languages, N/A, various Spanish dialects, and English. They're also capable of telepathically gleaning intentions from a different species, humans.

If they actually traded, they'd be the sharpest darned hagglers in existence. And yet they're satisfied with peanut butter, fruit, and the occasional cigarette lighter. Go figure.

• Upvote 2

Guest zenmonkey

This went off of the deep end quick..... sure hope bipto isn't in disney land today its raining like crazy here......oh wait it stopped......wait no its raining again, darn oklahoma