Yes, no...maybe?

david75090

Fake, looks like a regular human gait to me, and a somewhat baggy costume. 

Not saying the people on the train who saw it were in on it, my guess would be somebody wanted to give them something to talk about.

I developed this a couple of years ago and I think it's apt for this one.  I would call this an indirect Warhol hoaxer.  

Profile: Hoaxer

Baseline-

With the advent of social media and portals such as Youtube, hoaxers have access to a virtual unlimited audience.  This access provides added incentive to continue the hoax and increase the recognition.  Recognition is the key element to a hoax and is the driving component which ties them all together.

I.                    Classification of hoaxers-

Professional: This level of hoaxer is motivated by the possibility of obtaining a profit from the hoax.  The professional tends to have a high level of understanding of the subject matter and will go to extensive lengths to produce a believable and convincing incident.  The incident will receive a very high level of scrutiny and will need to be able to withstand a critical analysis by others with knowledge of the subject.  Since the motivation is profit and the professional knows the hoax will eventually be discovered as a ruse, obtaining the profit quickly will be a key.  The hoaxer will seek a source willing to pay for exclusive access to the incident, probably with a local or national news organization.  The professional will hold themselves out as an expert on the subject and profess to have an extensive background, which will add credibility to the incident.  Credibility is a key to being able to sell the incident to an unsuspecting audience. 

Serial:  The serial hoaxer is motivated more by obtaining attention than by the possibility of obtaining a profit.  The attention garnered can be either positive or negative.   This person will attempt to hide behind a false identity and use many aliases since quantity is more important to ensure the lineage can be continued.  Timing of the release of the incident to the public will be quick.  The method of exposure will be to the widest possible audience. 

Silly: This level has no regard for sophistication and is only motivated by getting a laugh.  The hoax is usually obvious and ultimately harmless to the cause.  The hoaxer doesn’t try and hide behind an alias and will publish multiple incidents.  The release will be sporadic and usually on a medium that is easiest to access.

Warhol: This level of hoaxer is only seeking recognition and the attention that comes with it.  They are looking for their 15 minutes of fame and are not seeking to profit and have no intention of doing it in the future. 

Nefarious: The level of hoaxer has a grudge with a person or the subject and intends harm to the overall reputation by perpetrating a sophisticated hoax that will eventually be revealed.  The hoax will be in line with the professional hoaxer by obtaining acceptance by the community and then coming clean with the intent to discredit the entire group.  The release will be to a very narrow audience where immediate acceptance can be obtained allowing for a high degree of credibility. 

II.                 Types of Incidents-

·         Video

·         Still Pictures:

·         Prints or impressions (Foot, Hand, Body)

·         Stick Structures

·         Audio

·         Eyewitness Testimony

·         Biological Evidence (Hair, Saliva, Scat, Skin)

III.               Type of Hoax-

Direct: This approach has the hoaxer fabricating the incident and releasing it for consumption.

Indirect: This approach has the hoaxer fabricating the incident and having a third party view it and ultimately report it.  This method is reliant upon the third party to act upon what was witnessed and removes the hoaxer from the incident and all trails leading to them.

IV.              Target Audience-

General populace:  This approach allows for the greatest coverage only requiring a single individual to witness the hoax and release it for consumption. 

Specific Individual: This method will focus the incident at locations the hoaxer knows an individual will frequent.  Since recognition is needed by the individual, the hoaxer will have knowledge of the individual’s schedule along with the location. 

V.                 Analysis-

In the event of an incident, analysis needs to be done based upon varying factors to determine whether a hoax exists or if the evidence is plausible for an actual event. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Northern Lights said:

I developed this a couple of years ago and I think it's apt for this one.........

Excellent profile!

ThinkerThunker performed his PDNA analysis and concluded that it is a human in a "monkey suit".  (PDNA is THinkerThunker's comparison of leg to arm to torso ratios of Sasquatch versus Homo sapiens).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 10:26 AM, 9-dot said:

ThinkerThunker performed his PDNA analysis and concluded that it is a human in a "monkey suit

I really like his PDNA analysis. Seems exactly correct.