SC EP:998 Get In The F****** Truck

BFFbot

Ben writes “Well I finally got up the nerves to send this, back in 2015 I was a Jr in high school. My buddy had called me to see if I wanted to hangout and see his new toy.

The toy was a Jeep Wrangler YJ that was abandoned. Even more interesting it was abandoned by a gentlemen that later that same year went to his friends house and shot him. He had some issues I guess. So whilst we went out there we swapped from my brothers truck to mine and proceeded to meet them in the woods. So this is Sweden Maine where he found this. Kinda middle of nowhere. So we get to the Jeep and my friend and my brothers friend go out in the Jeep, leaving my brother and I with my pickup in this clearing. We noticed it was very quiet where we were. Right about then is when a gum ball sized rock landed between us. We looked at each other and played it off.

Both kinda bothered we agreed to go towards the entry of the trail to get out of there. (Guess it felt safer) well when we got a little further down the trailer my brother pulled over. (He always drove) it was getting dark probably like 6:30-7pm in May. When I jumped out I looked at this tree too admiring the sky. I saw an entire flock of birds fly out of this tree. I proceeded to slowly drop my head looking down the tree the whole time.

When I got to the middle of the tree is when I saw something. I saw a figure in the woods. Left arm and leg obscured by the tree looked as if it’s left palm was against the tree. It was rocking slightly, it had a long arm that I could see on its right side and a big build. I couldn’t see the feet but the head, shoulder, torso, and leg all on the left was clearly visible (as a silhouette). It was rocking slightly left to right and could see it breather. I looked at my brother and he was frozen looking at it. I asked him “what is that?” He only responded with “get in the truck” I looked back and it was still standing there swaying. I looked back at my brother and said again “what the f— is that?” To which my brother responded with “get in the f—— truck.” My door was still open so I kinda dove backwards into it. My brother quickly had it started and the clutch already out and fishtailing away. I couldn’t bring myself to look backwards. But we were spooked.

There was an interesting situation with a set of lights behind us upon our escape but I’m not sure what to make of it. We called the friends that we were leaving so they either had to ditch the Jeep or drive it back to his house. Oddly they too sounded distressed. But they agreed to meet on the trail. We flew back down the trail driving way faster than anyone should. We came up to them and they stuffed the Jeep in the woods. What caught my attention next was they ran and I mean RAN to my truck, keeping a hand on my hood the whole time. I slid up against my brother so to make room for them. It was a regular cab. We drove out of there and my brother and I not wanting to get played asked them why they were so worked up. They stated to us the they had gotten stuck for a moment and whilst working it out of the mud something slapped the side of the Jeep and rocked it side to side. It was too dark for them to see anything under the heavy tree canopy and the night setting in more. It certainly was a wild time. Only other thing was some vocalizations the year prior that sounded exactly like the other howl captured in Maine. That’s my story Wes thanks for doing what you do.”

Listen to the Podcast