Daniel Boone Kills Bigfoot

georgerm

When many early American bigfoot reports began to emerge in the 1700's and credible people reported then bigfoot slowly became a fact. Credibility occurred. Do we know if Daniel Boone's early American bigfoot story is true. Was he known to spin yarns?

This wild Bigfoot story starts with a bigfoot that attacked Daniel's son in a remote forest according to the Wisconsin Historical Society. It sounds like Daniel's son got off two shots with a single shot muzzle loader gun that makes no sense. It shoots one shot at a time. The huge bigfoot fell on Daniel's son and stopped his breathing.

Read the rest and what's your opinion? Does this add evidence to the existence of bigfoot?  What about bigfoots rib cage?  Do you believe the incident happened? 

Draper Manuscripts: Daniel Boone Papers, 1760-1911, Series C, Wisconsin Historical Society (Madison, Wisconsin)

Keywords
Boone Myth
Hunting
Kentucky Trip
Last Years
People
None.

1817 BOONEMYTH HUNTING Buckner Payne to LCD, Nashville, 1/?/1876 6: <I immediately ran up & jerked him off to find my son senseless & not breathing. I immediately made every effort for his restoration to life. It seemed to me more than an hour before he breathed. He finaly came to & after using watter freely from my canteen I so far recovered him as to set him up against the tree; & was glad to find no bones broken. In about an hour more he stood up & talked. I asked him where he had aimed to strike the giant. He said he had aimed to hit him in the hart both shots. The giant was naked. I turned him over on his back & found boath of the bullet holes neer the left niple & about two inches apart but neather of them had entered the body but had passed round & came out at the back. I then passed my finger into each of the holes & found the giant had no ribs, but sollid bone about 3/4 of an inch thick which I found out by cutting through the bone with my tomihalk. My own shot struck him in the left eye which was fortunate. The giant was not an indian, for he was a pale yellow with long yellowish hair & not black as is common amonge indians. His body was likewise covered with short hair not very thick. His teeth war all naturally grown together in his head with rather small eyes & nose with very large feet & hands. We then stretched him out & laid [?] a suple jack [a walking stick?] nine [feet?] & we measured his length & in measuring it with my hands I found that he was at least 10 1/2 feet high. My son then got another suple jack & we then made another measurment. One of theas was carried by my son & me by my self to boonsborrough where we measured them by the squar's when we found the height to be 10 feet 8 inches. This is the story of the giant as given me by Col. Boone. I asked if he had ever herd of any such among the indiands & what they knew about them if any thing. He said they had a tradition of giant men & giant beast; but that the Grate Spirit had kill them all some where on the osage river Mo but that he had never credited it.> 16C26

File: 16C2.DR1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Did Boone spin yarns?  I’m sure like anyone there could be exaggeration or just spooky stories told by the campfire.    Clearly there are many red flags in this account that indicate to me it’s a fabrication or exaggeration.   

It looks like this story was recorded almost 60 years after it supposedly happened and well after D Boone's death so who knows what he actually said about it, if anything.

The two shot thing doesn't bother me, from what I've read in the age of flintlocks it was common to carry a pistol as well.  And so far as that goes being able to get off 4 shots/minute

with a rifle wasn't unheard of at the time, with your powder horn and a ball handy you can reload a flintlock quick.

To me the most glaring error is it supposedly happened in 1817 when Boone had been living in MO for almost 20 years, but it references going back to Boonesborough afterwards 

which is in eastern KY.  Boone lived on the north side of the Missouri River, the Osage River referenced enters it on the south side.  From what I've read one of his greatest pleasures

in his later years was taking multi-day hunting trips south of the river in what was then unbroken wilderness and often encountered the Osage when he did.  It's almost like they 

took things from his later years and then mixed them with his earlier days to come up with the story, which of course shatters it's credibility.  

23 hours ago, Chim Chim said:

It looks like this story was recorded almost 60 years after it supposedly happened and well after D Boone's death so who knows what he actually said about it, if anything.

The two shot thing doesn't bother me, from what I've read in the age of flintlocks it was common to carry a pistol as well.  And so far as that goes being able to get off 4 shots/minute

with a rifle wasn't unheard of at the time, with your powder horn and a ball handy you can reload a flintlock quick.

To me the most glaring error is it supposedly happened in 1817 when Boone had been living in MO for almost 20 years, but it references going back to Boonesborough afterwards 

which is in eastern KY.  Boone lived on the north side of the Missouri River, the Osage River referenced enters it on the south side.  From what I've read one of his greatest pleasures

in his later years was taking multi-day hunting trips south of the river in what was then unbroken wilderness and often encountered the Osage when he did.  It's almost like they 

took things from his later years and then mixed them with his earlier days to come up with the story, which of course shatters it's credibility.  

Really fine answer Chim Chim and the report may be a fabrication. 

I’m a Boone ringer, I’ve read several biographies on him and have been to Boonesborough and his house in MO.  I even went by his parents grave in Mocksville NC years ago when I worked there.

My uncle did an extensive family tree and found two Boone’s in it from the late 1700’s/early 1800’s.  Not sure of the relation, distant cousins of his I assumed.

8 hours ago, Chim Chim said:

I’m a Boone ringer, I’ve read several biographies on him and have been to Boonesborough and his house in MO.  I even went by his parents grave in Mocksville NC years ago when I worked there.

My uncle did an extensive family tree and found two Boone’s in it from the late 1700’s/early 1800’s.  Not sure of the relation, distant cousins of his I assumed.

so have you ever come across this account?   Did he spin yarn?   

I haven’t seen this in any books but I have seen this on the internet before.

Yes he spun yarns, he was a bold daring man and natural leader known for his good nature and playing practical jokes and would tell stories around the campfire at night to keep his men motivated.  When he was leading a group of salt makers during the Revolutionary War and got captured by the Shawnee (no laughing matter due to their penchant for burning prisoners at the stake) he kept it up and gained his captor’s respect to the point that they refused all offers from the British to buy him and their chief adopted him as a son.

• Thanks 2

"After the creation of Fayette County in 1780, Boone was successively appointed a lieutenant colonel in the militia, elected to the House of Delegates, and commissioned sheriff."  Daniel Boone (1734–1820) - Encyclopedia Virginia

Daniel did not seem like the kind of person who would lie about his bigfoot encounter. Exaggeration does not exist in his report.  It's one more fact to add to Bigfoot's history and Boone's good shooting when the lead ball hole was discovered in Bigfoot's eye! 

What did you think about the Boone's observation that bigfoot's rib cage was one solid bone and not individual ribs?

9 minutes ago, Chim Chim said:

I haven’t seen this in any books but I have seen this on the internet before.

Yes he spun yarns, he was a bold daring man and natural leader known for his good nature and playing practical jokes and would tell stories around the campfire at night to keep his men motivated.  When he was leading a group of salt makers during the Revolutionary War and got captured by the Shawnee (no laughing matter due to their penchant for burning prisoners at the stake) he kept it up and gained his captor’s respect to the point that they refused all offers from the British to buy him and their chief adopted him as a son.

HIs life and adventures was enough for one brave man. Killing a bigfoot that attacked his son was one story for the history book. With all the hunters out and about now days one would think bigfoot would be captured or dead and proven by now.

10 minutes ago, georgerm said:

HIs life and adventures was enough for one brave man. Killing a bigfoot that attacked his son was one story for the history book. With all the hunters out and about now days one would think bigfoot would be captured or dead and proven by now.

I’ve read several accounts of hunters having them in their sights, only to walk away because the creature looked too human.

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2023 at 8:11 PM, georgerm said:

What did you think about the Boone's observation that bigfoot's rib cage was one solid bone and not individual ribs?

Makes no sense, that would mean the corresponding part of it’s spine would be one solid piece as well which would make it extremely rigid to the point that it would have trouble doing most anything.

I’ve heard Cape Buffaloes and some other large animals have extremely wide ribs that are canted somewhat and they can overlap which presents the appearance of solid bone, an arrangement similar to that could be a possibility.

• Like 1