SC EP:1006 Big Bay-Ty

BFFbot

I am posting a reloaded episode due to illness. I am still fighting a fever and this cold. Forgive me, I will see everyone next week.

Scott shares an encounter he had with his cousin in Louisiana. Scott said I was 8 or 9 years old and I was fishing with my cousin who was 20 years old. I saw what I thought was a large human until I really got a look at it.

It was huge and I noticed it was covered in hair. It looked like a human in the face but I could not believe how big it was. My cousin saw it as the creature was leaving and told me that was Big Bay-Ty and not to tell anyone and if he ever wants to go fishing with him again to never bring it up.

We will also be speaking to Nick. Nick writes “One of my best friends and I went camping in December of 2005, in a vast wilderness area near Jack’s River Falls, in the Cohutta Wilderness area of northern Georgia.

I was leaving for boot camp in 2 weeks, and he was going a couple of months later. This was a trip just for us. It was a bro-trip where we could go deep into the woods and be away from everything before our lives drastically changed. We were camping along a river situated between two mountains, many miles from any town or other trails, at a time when there is the least amount of traffic, too.

It was around midnight when it happened. As we were talking next to the fire about what our futures looked like, we heard an incredible splash in the river around 30-40 feet from us. It sounded like an enormous animal jumped several feet off of the rocks into the water. And then we heard it walking/splashing the 20-30 feet across the river towards us. We both stood up as close to the fire as possible and stared into the black abyss. It was distinctly two legs moving through the water, just a splash-splash, as if an Olympic heavyweight wrestler was crossing the river.

And then it stopped right at the bank. I have never been so scared in my life. We were too scared to speak or even look at each other at that point… just staring into the abyss beyond the firelight. I honestly don’t know how much time elapsed. It felt like an hour, but in reality it was probably 10-15 minutes. Nothing happened! Total silence, only the crackling of wood on the fire… all the while, I kept expecting to see something or someone come running into the light, charging us like a berserker.

After what seemed like an eternity, we heard it start walking around us, the whole time remaining just beyond the blackness of our firelight. It felt like it was within 20 feet or so of us – just remaining out of site – intentionally. We heard an obvious left-right-left-right walking pattern. It sounded like a freaking dude walking in the woods.”

Listen to the Podcast