Daniel Lee, Bigfoot in the UK

Skinwalker13

Haven't seen this posted here yet so I figured I would throw it out for a look. I've been one of a few coaching this kid since his discovery (primate DNA in the forest of the UK). Here's the article from his EDNA sample results. I'm really excited for the kid, just 14 and already having tremendous success on the hunt. 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/uk-world-news/daniel-barnett-14-year-old-8832631?fbclid=IwAR2PjEkxRcxkz0cAPQvWVOaE30L0qrEDMED3y6lvJc3lIJbfxZTCI0YGKLY

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

(primate DNA in the forest of the UK). Here's the article from his EDNA sample results.

I did not see anything on eDNA sample results. Did I miss a link?

Paul Vella ( RIP ), used to speak to school kids in the UK about Sasquatch. They have a lot of interest. This forum has members who live in the UK. Huge PSI factors over there.

49 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

I did not see anything on eDNA sample results. Did I miss a link?

Paul Vella ( RIP ), used to speak to school kids in the UK about Sasquatch. They have a lot of interest. This forum has members who live in the UK. Huge PSI factors over there.

Here we go... 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/teen-hunting-british-bigfoot-gets-31235650?utm_source=mynewsassistant.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=embedded_search_item_mobile&fbclid=IwAR0VXPyeQzqs2vt2n1UFLMOX3xKX_q9_hb9P2uU0I5B-rf4rq2rSmSKvCaA

Very interesting, thank you. It's good to see an enterprising, young person out in the field.

I am curious what the test(s) cost and didn't see any mention of it in any the articles.

17 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Very interesting, thank you. It's good to see an enterprising, young person out in the field.

I am curious what the test(s) cost and didn't see any mention of it in any the articles.

The SGS lab article states that they did the tests at no cost to Daniel, as they were impressed by his interest and enthusiasm about the eDNA field.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 12:12 AM, Skinwalker13 said:

And another article from the lab that conducted the testing.

https://www.sgs.com/en/news/2023/10/sgs-supports-young-daniel-barnett-in-bigfoot-investigation

From the link.

However, Vanessa Luis (Chief Molecular Scientist at the GBC) explains, "It is not actually possible to identify Bigfoot via E-DNA without a previous reference in the genetic databases. For that, one needs to have a tissue sample to extract DNA from to then barcode. Unfortunately, no confirmed DNA sequence of Bigfoot exists in the barcode reference databases we use at SGS."

I was wondering when Norseman was going to find the articles. The eDNA bubble was popped a long ago. Humans contaminate the collection area and the sample(s). Period. A huge change in sampling techniques has to occur. Media dollies in scripted, choreographed tele-plays can't do it.

The young person in the UK has a lot of enthusiasm and hopefully will tell adults to bugger-off. The name of the youth appears as 'Daniel Lee' and 'Daniel Barnett'. Either way, Dan is on a mission. Perhaps he will find traces of the infamous 'big cats' of the UK. Atypical results may or may not indicate escaped / abandoned exotic pets.

There was a post(s) on this forum about a smart person in the UK who reported a glimmering / cloaking incident in the proximity of a nuclear power plant. Could be worth some search button time.

Edited by Catmandoo
text
  • Like 1

SSR Team
On 11/17/2023 at 6:54 AM, Skinwalker13 said:

Haven't seen this posted here yet so I figured I would throw it out for a look. I've been one of a few coaching this kid since his discovery (primate DNA in the forest of the UK). Here's the article from his EDNA sample results. I'm really excited for the kid, just 14 and already having tremendous success on the hunt. 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/uk-world-news/daniel-barnett-14-year-old-8832631?fbclid=IwAR2PjEkxRcxkz0cAPQvWVOaE30L0qrEDMED3y6lvJc3lIJbfxZTCI0YGKLY

Let me just give my head a wobble here.

You're coaching a kid, along with others, about his discovery of primate DNA (i'm assuming undiscovered primate given the context of  this forum) in the UK ?

What am i missing here as a born and bred Englishman because there are no undiscovered primates in the UK, and anyone with any even tiny knowledge of the UK and it's make up where forestry is concerned, would be fully aware of that ?

Skin, we've had collaboration If my memory serves me right before, don't waste your time on this, this is at best naivety and at worst deception.

Spend an hour looking in to the UK, it's size, its history and its forestry make up and then you'll understand.

• Upvote 2

SSR Team
On 11/17/2023 at 6:54 AM, Skinwalker13 said:

Ok i've just read the article, i didn't realise the slant to it and the boys condition until i did but my points regarding the UK on the whole do stand.

This is clearly more about the kid and the unfortunate issues he has, with his family and you (and others) supporting him in every way possible to make things better for him, which is absolutely cool of course, but this isn't about Sasquatch or any type of unidentified primate in the UK and i just wouldn't want people to lose sight of that and get hung up on this 'discovery' is all i'm saying.. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 7:36 AM, BobbyO said:

Ok i've just read the article, i didn't realise the slant to it and the boys condition until i did but my points regarding the UK on the whole do stand.

This is clearly more about the kid and the unfortunate issues he has, with his family and you (and others) supporting him in every way possible to make things better for him, which is absolutely cool of course, but this isn't about Sasquatch or any type of unidentified primate in the UK and i just wouldn't want people to lose sight of that and get hung up on this 'discovery' is all i'm saying.. :thumbsup:

What's got me most intrigued about the whole thing is the old world primate DNA they pulled. That shouldn't be there, as you well know, and  Daniels father works in law enforcement. It's illegal to own such creatures in the UK and we're working toward comparing it to zoo a couple hours away to see if there's any kind of illegal pet trade with primates going on in their neighborhood. I work in the exotic pet trade here in the states and I also help in drafting of  legislation to protect native species, DWA (dangerous wild animals), and exotics. So I'm also lending a hand in that area as well, if there's not a match from the zoo then there's a black market pet ring near by.

Daniel is a very smart kid and even he isn't sold that it's bigfoot because of the area he's in, but there IS something that's not supposed to be there. That's where we come in, we're helping to guide the kids path and keep the interest in science and looking into the unknown alive without just bashing the "Bigfoot in the UK" concept against the rocks.

Most recently, they found scat in the small 8-10 acre woody area. Visual ID, It's bear scat. A bear in the UK brings up nearly as many questions as bigfoot would and it's also in the same area as they found the impression on the ground that he cast which has quite the round and arched toes.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

What's got me most intrigued about the whole thing is the old world primate DNA they pulled. That shouldn't be there, as you well know, and  Daniels father works in law enforcement. It's illegal to own such creatures in the UK and we're working toward comparing it to zoo a couple hours away to see if there's any kind of illegal pet trade with primates going on in their neighborhood. I work in the exotic pet trade here in the states and I also help in drafting of  legislation to protect native species, DWA (dangerous wild animals), and exotics. So I'm also lending a hand in that area as well, if there's not a match from the zoo then there's a black market pet ring near by.

A cursory scan of pets in the UK shows thousands of 'licensed exotics'. Then,  there are the unlicensed exotics. Lions and tigers and snakes, oh my. Escapes and deliberate releases cause problems all over the world. The exposure of a black market pet ring from the efforts of a young citizen scientist would be amusing.

The Seattle area had a case of 'old world alligatorid'. Many years ago, people recreating on and around Green Lake, reported an alligator / crocodile. A knowing citizen went to the lake at night and 'spotlighted' the urban monster. A pet Caiman had been set free into Green Lake. It may have survived on available fish and waterfowl but the cold temperatures would have been challenging.

Years ago, before the pre-boarding inspections, a woman attempted to transport a garter snake to Alaska. She had the snake in her purse and it escaped and slithered over the footwear of the passengers. Total chaos in a Boeing 727. I met this woman years afterward when I transported a Silky Terrier puppy to Anchorage for her. I knew the family from fishing.

Seattle has had a Caiman, 'Leif Bearickson' the black bear, deer, cougars, flocks of green parrots (that have taken up residency), and those are the atypical animals that  have been published.

When a report of an exotic comes in, just add it to the list. Humans can't seem to resist being around exotics. Look at us.

I don't know anything about the area where Daniel lives. Any horses nearby? 'Horse therapy' for autistic persons is a positive action for some.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

A cursory scan of pets in the UK shows thousands of 'licensed exotics'. Then,  there are the unlicensed exotics. Lions and tigers and snakes, oh my. Escapes and deliberate releases cause problems all over the world. The exposure of a black market pet ring from the efforts of a young citizen scientist would be amusing.

The Seattle area had a case of 'old world alligatorid'. Many years ago, people recreating on and around Green Lake, reported an alligator / crocodile. A knowing citizen went to the lake at night and 'spotlighted' the urban monster. A pet Caiman had been set free into Green Lake. It may have survived on available fish and waterfowl but the cold temperatures would have been challenging.

Years ago, before the pre-boarding inspections, a woman attempted to transport a garter snake to Alaska. She had the snake in her purse and it escaped and slithered over the footwear of the passengers. Total chaos in a Boeing 727. I met this woman years afterward when I transported a Silky Terrier puppy to Anchorage for her. I knew the family from fishing.

Seattle has had a Caiman, 'Leif Bearickson' the black bear, deer, cougars, flocks of green parrots (that have taken up residency), and those are the atypical animals that  have been published.

When a report of an exotic comes in, just add it to the list. Humans can't seem to resist being around exotics. Look at us.

I don't know anything about the area where Daniel lives. Any horses nearby? 'Horse therapy' for autistic persons is a positive action for some.

The flocks of green parrots are an issue across the entire US because, 1 they aren't parrots so the classification is incorrect and creates ideas that tropical species can survive in temperate climates and 2 they build mud nests around power substations and cause over heating and subsequent outages. I've also had to work with legislation surrounding that species of Australian parakeet. 

While Daniel does have autism he's extremely high functioning and you wouldn't notice it unless you work with kids who have autism as a mentor (I do as a volunteer which is why I took interest with Daniel's unique find). Just getting outside and enjoying nature and learning about what is actually around him is therapeutic and he's enjoying it. Forcing his mind to stop and take everything in and process the data, he's a kid having fun and accidentally stumbled upon something that shouldn't be there. 

Edited by Skinwalker13
Typo
  • Upvote 1

Industrial scale air quality monitoring in the UK has some surprises. Grab a cup of Earl Grey and read the articles.

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/2023/se/scientists-discover-air-quality-monitoring-stations-are-collecting-urgently-needed-biodiversity-data-.html#:~:text=Dr James Allerton and Dr,first answer%3A a resounding yes.

The large scale equipment operates in a fixed place. A citizen scientist can roam around for seasonal variability sampling.

The air sampling activities for eDNA  are not checking for humans. Contamination is the deal breaker when we test for our cousins in the genus Homo.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text