Daniel Lee, Bigfoot in the UK

Skinwalker13

SSR Team
On 12/6/2023 at 10:30 PM, Catmandoo said:

A cursory scan of pets in the UK shows thousands of 'licensed exotics'. Then,  there are the unlicensed exotics. Lions and tigers and snakes, oh my. Escapes and deliberate releases cause problems all over the world. The exposure of a black market pet ring from the efforts of a young citizen scientist would be amusing.

The Seattle area had a case of 'old world alligatorid'. Many years ago, people recreating on and around Green Lake, reported an alligator / crocodile. A knowing citizen went to the lake at night and 'spotlighted' the urban monster. A pet Caiman had been set free into Green Lake. It may have survived on available fish and waterfowl but the cold temperatures would have been challenging.

Years ago, before the pre-boarding inspections, a woman attempted to transport a garter snake to Alaska. She had the snake in her purse and it escaped and slithered over the footwear of the passengers. Total chaos in a Boeing 727. I met this woman years afterward when I transported a Silky Terrier puppy to Anchorage for her. I knew the family from fishing.

Seattle has had a Caiman, 'Leif Bearickson' the black bear, deer, cougars, flocks of green parrots (that have taken up residency), and those are the atypical animals that  have been published.

When a report of an exotic comes in, just add it to the list. Humans can't seem to resist being around exotics. Look at us.

I don't know anything about the area where Daniel lives. Any horses nearby? 'Horse therapy' for autistic persons is a positive action for some.

He's down in the west country somewhere, Somerset i think i read, very rural part of the country and big farming.

There is the illegal pet trade in the UK for sure, there's big Cats that i can only assume have escaped or been released and sightings of them across the country are pretty regular although i can't see how  they'd form a healthy breeding population. There's even reports of big Cats real close to London too which is a monster of a city.

In the skies we now have very healthy breeding populations of parakeets even in central London although i think soon they'd be determined as vermin and will see some kind of cull as they're breeding very aggressively and causing issues with native birds..

SSR Team
On 12/6/2023 at 8:24 AM, Skinwalker13 said:

What's got me most intrigued about the whole thing is the old world primate DNA they pulled. That shouldn't be there, as you well know, and  Daniels father works in law enforcement. It's illegal to own such creatures in the UK and we're working toward comparing it to zoo a couple hours away to see if there's any kind of illegal pet trade with primates going on in their neighborhood. I work in the exotic pet trade here in the states and I also help in drafting of  legislation to protect native species, DWA (dangerous wild animals), and exotics. So I'm also lending a hand in that area as well, if there's not a match from the zoo then there's a black market pet ring near by.

Daniel is a very smart kid and even he isn't sold that it's bigfoot because of the area he's in, but there IS something that's not supposed to be there. That's where we come in, we're helping to guide the kids path and keep the interest in science and looking into the unknown alive without just bashing the "Bigfoot in the UK" concept against the rocks.

Most recently, they found scat in the small 8-10 acre woody area. Visual ID, It's bear scat. A bear in the UK brings up nearly as many questions as bigfoot would and it's also in the same area as they found the impression on the ground that he cast which has quite the round and arched toes.

No wild Bears here brother but again, and like i said in my previous post, there are issues with escapee/released big Cats so maybe that could be the same thing with an individual bear.

In 8-10 acres though, a bear isn't staying hidden for very long here so expect a follow up on that real soon if they've ID'd the scat correctly.

Any of us who have an interest in this topic from the UK know the idea that Sasquatch resides in the UK is nonsense. As a Scotsman I've been lucky enough to hike and camp some of the remotest parts of my beautiful country. There simply is no inkling or indicators that there is anything which may remotely be thought to be anything like a hominid wandering these lands. 

Not to say we don't have anomalies. I was lucky to have a big cat sighting just over 10 years ago now. The UK is certainly home to these beasts but these are more of the displaced variety rather than the undiscovered type that floats our boat on this forum.

Good luck to young Dan. It's pretty heartwarming to read about his interest and his search. I'm sure the subject will bring him much joy and wonder in the years to come. 

• Upvote 4