The Tallest Bigfoot

Spader

I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer so forgive me if this has already been brought up. I know that the southern Bigfoot is generally smaller than their counterparts in the pacific northwest, but does anyone know how tall the largest Bigfoot ever reported is?

Admin

I think I remember a report of one that was 16 feet tall, but have no idea where I saw it. But you have to remember that folks in that situation, especially if scared or nervous, may be prone to overestimating the height.

Guest StankApe

Most people exaggerate height when in a stressful situation, in fact it's so unreliable that it's the main reason convenience stores added that height marker by their front doors!

IMO, I would think that it's unlikely for any hominid/ape to exceed 8 or 9 feet max. If one got to 10 or 12 feet it would have to be considered as suffering from Giantism and would probably not just be rare as all get out (people over 7'6" happens every 100 million births) but they would also probably suffer from a very short lifespa

I'm basing this off of human probability numbers of course , so there is a margin for error. But a 15 foot creature with the girth of a great ape would weigh almost a ton and this seems unlikely as animals that large would leave massive traces of dung and would have to graze in order to maintain such a large size. I can't think of any land mammal over 1000 pounds who doesn't graze. I guess Grizzly Bears maybe... But they eat a ton of berries and bugs and hibernate during the harsh winters so as to not need to feed during the cold months. I have seen no info about Bigfoot hibernating.. i would think that being that large in a harsh winter climate would be unsustainable.

edited cuz something screwy happened and made my post doubled up... fixed it!

Edited by StankApe

Guest TooRisky

Below is the biggest print we have found... It measured 21" x 10" and by differing calculations should have stood around 11 foot tall... This print also fits a number of witness accounts of a huge black individual which seems to have taken up residence in a good sized area south of Mt. Rainier National Park in the Northern Cascades, WA.... Note my boot size 11 next to the print...

26850_325884686749_325811156749_4018556_7183293_n.jpg

Edited by grayjay
edited out double section, left original post intact

Guest StankApe

Looks like it doubled yer post up too!

I'm not 100% on the foot to height ratio being the same with squatch as man. If something is that bulky you would think it's feet would be a bit larger ,by ratio, so as to support the weight...

Guest TooRisky

Looks like it doubled yer post up too!

I'm not 100% on the foot to height ratio being the same with squatch as man. If something is that bulky you would think it's feet would be a bit larger ,by ratio, so as to support the weight...

Well I guess one can only say "it is what it is", 21"x10" is a huge track... Now some can deny it, call it a fake or a hoax, but I personally found and recorded this print and can only go with the calculations at hand and the other prints I have found to estimate by...

Guest StankApe

Well if Patty is 6'5 (an avg of the various height estimates I have read)with a 14.5 inch foot than the ratio would be around 5.3 or so . a 21 inch print would end up being a 9 foot 3 inch critter! still plenty big!

Guest BlurryMonster

Below is the biggest print we have found... It measured 21" x 10" and by differing calculations should have stood around 11 foot tall... This print also fits a number of witness accounts of a huge black individual which seems to have taken up residence in a good sized area south of Mt. Rainier National Park in the Northern Cascades, WA.... Note my boot size 11 next to the print...

26850_325884686749_325811156749_4018556_7183293_n.jpg

Around where did you find those prints? Just curious, as I'm fairly familiar with Mt. Rainier (well, at least the famous one, I don't know about on in the North Cascades).

StankApe, have you ever read Sasquatch: Legend meets Science? Dr. Meldrum talks about Bergman's Rule. It means a larger body the more north it lives and, needs LESS calories! Go figure. you should really read it.

Here ya go SA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergmann's_rule

However pay close attention to this

Note that Bergmann's rule describes a tendency of body mass variation within groups; it does not suggest that large-bodied animals do not occur in warm climates.

Through sighting reports Sasquatch down here in the South certainly seem leaner and somewhat smaller than their PNW cousins.

Edited by Tautriadelta

Guest Crowlogic

:I once read a really BAD bigfoot paperback and the authors were claiming 15 ft bigfoot. So I made up this graphic to show just how off the wall some of these height figures are.

The man in the jphoto stands 5'9", the pole is exactly 12" tall. So imagine a 12ft tall bigfoot. It's pretty crazy as we're getting into the size of Mighty Joe Young which was fantasy.

twelveftSasq002.jpg

Guest TooRisky

Around where did you find those prints? Just curious, as I'm fairly familiar with Mt. Rainier (well, at least the famous one, I don't know about on in the North Cascades).

Opps my bad... The print was found on a pass over one of the higher hills at about 3500 foot elevation... The print was actually due North of Mt. Rainier, not South, in a National Forest... The exact location is not going to be divulged...

Guest StankApe

Here ya go SA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergmann's_rule

However pay close attention to this

Note that Bergmann's rule describes a tendency of body mass variation within groups; it does not suggest that large-bodied animals do not occur in warm climates.

Through sighting reports Sasquatch down here in the South certainly seem leaner and somewhat smaller than their PNW cousins.

I agree that the further north you go the bigger critters get (look at deer, in Canada you have Moose in Key West you have Key deer which are dog sized).

As far as less calories, I think that only could possibly work if it involved a period of hibernation. Look at Polar Bears (largest bear in the world) they have to eat a lot of seal blubber to make it and keep their pups alive. It's a rough existence. I just don't think that a 12 foot tall animal that weighed a ton could subsist in a harsh winter climate without hibernating or having something high energy like seals available to eat. (remember the exponential growth thing, I reckon a 12 foot bigfoot would have to weigh at least 2000 pounds) Even IF a northern Bifoot was bigger and required less calories PER POUND to survive it would still require many many calories due to it's enormous size to begin with.

Guest LittleFeat

Well if Patty is 6'5 (an avg of the various height estimates I have read)with a 14.5 inch foot than the ratio would be around 5.3 or so . a 21 inch print would end up being a 9 foot 3 inch critter! still plenty big!

StankApe, I believe Bill Munns more accurately determined that Patty's height is 7' 4" in the PG film. See The Munns Report

Munns also concluded that Patty's foot length is 14.5" plus or minus an inch.

Edited by LittleFeat