Northern Olympics Trackway Find - August 2023

BobbyO

Kudos to Chris Spencer for his drawings, and to archeologist David Grant for helping with precision techniques of mapping the area. Using the same careful plotting as an archeological dig would benefit many other Bigfoot research areas.

• Upvote 1

I've been watching the YouTube presentations that the Olympic Project has been publishing. That's a pretty impressive operation and team. If my non-precise math is close, the five year window granted the team by the landowners should be getting close to ending. I hope they can either get additional time or find another similar area of operations.........which would be a very tall order.

Talk about a wide foot, it’s over 50% of the length.  And it said it still sunk in more than any of the human tracks, heavy animal.

Meticulous work is/was being done at that location. Fantastic diagrams along with casting and footprint pictures. Kudos to all of them.

4 hours ago, Chim Chim said:

Talk about a wide foot, it’s over 50% of the length.  And it said it still sunk in more than any of the human tracks, heavy animal.

In the Fall of 2022, I photographed and measured what appeared to be a track. Approximately 17" long and about 8"-9" width.  As you mentioned, it is the width that stands out as unusual.

• Like 1

BFF Patron

Nice study and opportunity and thanks for sharing @BobbyO

It's cool to see how difficult casting in that environment is but how good outcomes can still be. 

Also nice to know that my rare casting efforts look similar to their final product even in the Blue Ridge woodlands. 

I have fond memories of the research site having heard a clarion "maple on maple" sounding woodknock in a ravine there. 

Wishing them continued success.  

SSR Team
On 12/9/2023 at 10:21 PM, Huntster said:

I've been watching the YouTube presentations that the Olympic Project has been publishing. That's a pretty impressive operation and team. If my non-precise math is close, the five year window granted the team by the landowners should be getting close to ending. I hope they can either get additional time or find another similar area of operations.........which would be a very tall order.

It's done now i think, but no logging yet.

SSR Team
On 12/11/2023 at 1:27 AM, Huntster said:

So the group no longer has access to the property?

Sorry if i wasn't clear, when i said 'it's done now', i meant that five years period, but they still have full access, just no word on logging the area yet. There's still multiple recorders in there each and every day too right now, we got 100% of nights recorded in 2022 and it won't be far off that in 2023 neither.

• Thanks 1

SSR Team
15 hours ago, norseman said:

More nest footage.

As always, the BFF got first dibs on that Lite report and we'll get first dibs on the big one when it's finished too some time in the new year..;)

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1