#21 tracker

tracker

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

hey those are great Sas, from october?

Posted Image

Edited by tracker, 17 January 2011 - 04:52 PM.

"tracker,you make it look so easy! HOW do you get them on video?Are they just use to you being around?"par5sn2

Finding Sasquatch

#22 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Skunk Ape

• Members
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

hey those are great Sas, from october?

Second week in November.

Edited by Sasfooty, 17 January 2011 - 06:43 PM.

Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.

I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand.  Confucius

Please note that anything I post is likely to be "IMO" & not subject to being offered up with proof.

http://soundcloud.com/sasfooty

#23 gigantor

gigantor

Sasquatch

• Tech
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Great thread Tracker!

Before I became a skeptic about BF existing, but especially about it living in MD, I read everything I could get my hands on that was related to BF, scouted most of MD and dragged my girlfriend (soon to be wife) with me.

I focused on bodies of water and their feeding creeks and streams. I was surprised to discover that there are no natural lakes in MD, all are man-made (dammed). I've been up and down most of the 200+ dams in MD over the last 6 years. Some of the out-flowing creeks are pretty deep ravines and isolated with 50 - 75 ft tall tree canopies, it can get dark down there even at noon!

Here is Liberty Dam in Reisterstown, MD:

Attached File  ld1.jpg   52.96KB   3 downloads

Attached File  ld3.JPG   71.56KB   10 downloads

Attached File  ld2.JPG   60.73KB   9 downloads

Lock Raven Dam in Baltimore County:

Attached File  lock-raven.JPG   97KB   7 downloads

Attached File  lr2.JPG   58.44KB   1 downloads

Savage River Dam in Alagheny County, which is a natural earth dam:

Attached File  sd2.JPG   44.24KB   0 downloads

Attached File  sd3.JPG   118KB   1 downloads

Attached File  sd4.JPG   106.56KB   2 downloads

Attached File  sd5.JPG   99.44KB   2 downloads

Attached File  sd7.JPG   82.3KB   1 downloads

Attached File  sd8.JPG   110.79KB   1 downloads

Edited by gigantor, 17 January 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#24 gigantor

gigantor

Sasquatch

• Tech
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

Pretty Boy Dam:

Attached File  pb1.JPG   84.37KB   2 downloads

Attached File  pb2.JPG   78.81KB   2 downloads

Attached File  pb3.JPG   47.75KB   1 downloads

Attached File  pb4.JPG   68.04KB   0 downloads

Edited by gigantor, 17 January 2011 - 07:05 PM.

#25 gigantor

gigantor

Sasquatch

• Tech
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

There many more smaller dams, here is Daniel's Dam:

Attached File  dd1.JPG   94.23KB   2 downloads

Attached File  dd2.JPG   83.69KB   4 downloads

Attached File  dd3.JPG   94.87KB   2 downloads

#26 tracker

tracker

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:48 AM

Hey Gigantor,

Nice pic's,

Here's a tip from tracker for the guys. The big buggers like our ladies, so be carefull not to put them at risk or too much risk?. We thought we may of heard some unatural bird chirps from this area below. So I led my fam back to the van, no need to put them in danger or have them scared. I want them to continue to enjoy being in the outdoors & not to be affraid. Westport is almost a sort of write off Sasq hunting trip but good for shopping, I guess? Posted Image

Posted Image

"tracker,you make it look so easy! HOW do you get them on video?Are they just use to you being around?"par5sn2

Finding Sasquatch

#27 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Skunk Ape

• Members
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:27 AM

Wow, Gigantor, those are nice pictures! I had no idea it was so pretty "up north". :D

If there aren't a lot of hairy folks living there, they're wasting a nice place.

Please note that anything I post is likely to be "IMO" & not subject to being offered up with proof.

#28 treeknocker

treeknocker

Chiye-tanka

• Inactive
  • 779 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

It is wonderful to see the images all. Nice work. tracker, many tell me that when they bring women or girls into camp things get livelier and they expect to have better success with vocal recording. Numerous people from all walks have told me that so I agree. I think its another aspect that might help with results if the gal is interested.. Care always though.
Beautiful shots Sass and gigantor. wow.

#29 Bigtex

Bigtex

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

Hey Tracker.......good work, keep it up! Maybe we can visit each others digs sometime.

#30 gigantor

gigantor

Sasquatch

• Tech
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:15 AM

The big buggers like our ladies, so be carefull not to put them at risk or too much risk?.

Thanks tracker. I never really worried about that because I always go prepared, if you know what I mean. That is, until the trip to the Savage river dam. It's near WV and PA, not much out there and very rugged country.

We were scouting the dam outflow creek and I gotta tell you, it was spooky even during the day. The forest is so dense and the canyon so deep, that it gets dark after 3pm in some places under the canopy. I'd hate to get stuck there overnight.

I slipped and almost sprained an ankle, that's when I thought that if you get hurt out there, a few miles away from the truck, no cell phone coverage, it could get ugly in a hurry.

We don't go out like that anymore, not just the two of us. The problem is that it's very difficult to find people that want to do that kind of thing. Oh well...

If there is one area in MD where BF might live, that is it.

Edited by gigantor, 20 January 2011 - 01:20 AM.

#31 gigantor

gigantor

Sasquatch

• Tech
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

If there aren't a lot of hairy folks living there, they're wasting a nice place.

hey Sasfooty, that's what I used to think. But the truth is that most of MD is developed, there is a lot of people here. Those big dams and watersheds look remote, but there are suburbs all around them and big cities within a few miles.

The exception is out west, near WV and PA. The Savage river area is the most promising IMO.

#32 tracker

tracker

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys,

Yea it's no secret the ladies help bring them in closer as TK said. Have your back up plans in place for different outcomes when you do get a camp visitor. Or keep the risks within reason as Gigantor said.

Howdy BigT , Sure if i could find them. Last year i had a bead on a group, this years winter was late, so not sure how that affected their movements. Anyways I think I would fit right in with the people from the lone star state. ;)

Finding Sasquatch

#33 Stonewall12

Stonewall12

Booger

• Inactive
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

Hey guys,

Yea it's no secret the ladies help bring them in closer as TK said. Have your back up plans in place for different outcomes when you do get a camp visitor. Or keep the risks within reason as Gigantor said.

Howdy BigT , Sure if i could find them. Last year i had a bead on a group, this years winter was late, so not sure how that affected their movements. Anyways I think I would fit right in with the people from the lone star state. ;)

Where do you hunt for him at?

#34 tracker

tracker

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:53 AM

In the wild where they live. ;)

Finding Sasquatch

#35 tracker

tracker

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:34 AM

I was only having some fun in the previous post stonewall12. :) Seriously though it's "secrets of the trade" you never know who's watching.

But I'll add this to give you some food for thought. Only during the cold of winter do certain areas become accessible to them. Call it what you want, winter denning areas etc. So I also try to check on these areas or at least the ones I can get into. Distance, the weather and private property are barriers. Some people own huge tracks of land for fall hunting only then it's unused the rest of the year. Hmmm?

tracker. ;)

Finding Sasquatch

#36 tracker

tracker

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:02 AM

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to put something on the board every few weeks or so. A big thanks to the other members who also post pics and info of their adventures here. Here's some pics from my fall trip checking out an area of a couple of reports.

This weeks installment is from Algonquin Provincial Park or APP NE Ontario. APP is a huge park and sort of a game preserve too. There's lot's of wildlife to see big and small, especially if you camp interior. I am reaching into my archives from a fall 2010 visit to Rock Lake. As well as a 2009 trip for this one. I plan to get up there later this winter, it's about a 4 hour trip.

Rock Lake is a more secluded camp ground about 10 minutes off of the Hwy 60 corridor. The main camps are right on hwy 60 and thats where the majority of the campers pitch tents or park their RV's. So I head into the secluded camps, less noise more wildlife experiences. This is my Fams fav camping area. Although i think i need to find another spot since the RV'ers have discovered it. So we rough it out and go off hydro to get away from the crowds.

Here's some history from the rock lake area. Also there's another report (class A) from two canoers who seen a hairy Bi-peddle type creature scramble back up an embankment from the water upon being sighted in the summer of 2009? I can't seem to find that one? I checked BFRO and a couple of others sites.

http://www.bfro.net/...?id=26285<br />
East gate entrance, Rock lake is about 30 minutes west from here.

Posted Image

Our campsite with a view.
Posted Image

This Moose passed within 4-5 feet of me on the shore, I was hidden under a cedar on the bank. Which is about 4 ' higher than the water. The big male with a full rack made enough noise, they know they are protected in this park it seems.

Posted Image

Here's a pic of one of my fav of the smallest of critters. They are super fast and saucy. Sometimes the cheeky blighters will drop acorns on you and chatter afterwards. My dog hates them, they pester her.

Posted Image

Okay time to get down to the nitty gritty. Lets play spot the dissapearing or moving stumps or what ever they are? pic 1

Posted Image

pic 2

Posted Image

pic 3

Posted Image

These pics are acually further than it looks, my cam was on max zoom. Hmmm?

Some areas I was keeping an eye on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by tracker, 23 January 2011 - 08:04 AM.

Finding Sasquatch

#37 gigantor

gigantor

Sasquatch

• Tech
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

hey tracker, awesome pics. What kind of trees are those?

I wonder because it's been alleged that BF hangs around pines.

#38 tracker

tracker

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:45 AM

hey tracker, awesome pics. What kind of trees are those?

I wonder because it's been alleged that BF hangs around pines.

A mix density but mostly cedars and pines. Cedars are great for cover and the pines bark & foilage can be eaten. Most of the area's I search in have a high concentration of those types.

Hey did you notice the moving dark shapes in those 3 similar pics?

Finding Sasquatch

#39 grayjay

grayjay

Yeti

• Banned
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:52 AM

Three moving stumps that I'm sure of. High guess 5, but I was tired. Just covering my bases :D

#40 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Skunk Ape

• Members
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hey did you notice the moving dark shapes in those 3 similar pics?

I noticed.

Three of those "stumps" seem to have disappeared.

Are those moose in the background?

Edited by Sasfooty, 24 January 2011 - 08:02 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users