On The Hunt For Sasquatch With Tracker.

Guest tracker

Admin

If there aren't a lot of hairy folks living there, they're wasting a nice place.

hey Sasfooty, that's what I used to think. But the truth is that most of MD is developed, there is a lot of people here. Those big dams and watersheds look remote, but there are suburbs all around them and big cities within a few miles.

The exception is out west, near WV and PA. The Savage river area is the most promising IMO.

Guest tracker

Hey guys,

Yea it's no secret the ladies help bring them in closer as TK said. Have your back up plans in place for different outcomes when you do get a camp visitor. Or keep the risks within reason as Gigantor said.

Howdy BigT , Sure if i could find them. Last year i had a bead on a group, this years winter was late, so not sure how that affected their movements. Anyways I think I would fit right in with the people from the lone star state. ;)

• Upvote 1

Guest Stonewall12

Hey guys,

Yea it's no secret the ladies help bring them in closer as TK said. Have your back up plans in place for different outcomes when you do get a camp visitor. Or keep the risks within reason as Gigantor said.

Howdy BigT , Sure if i could find them. Last year i had a bead on a group, this years winter was late, so not sure how that affected their movements. Anyways I think I would fit right in with the people from the lone star state. ;)

Where do you hunt for him at?

Guest tracker

I was only having some fun in the previous post stonewall12. :) Seriously though it's "secrets of the trade" you never know who's watching.

But I'll add this to give you some food for thought. Only during the cold of winter do certain areas become accessible to them. Call it what you want, winter denning areas etc. So I also try to check on these areas or at least the ones I can get into. Distance, the weather and private property are barriers. Some people own huge tracks of land for fall hunting only then it's unused the rest of the year. Hmmm?

tracker. ;)

Guest tracker

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to put something on the board every few weeks or so. A big thanks to the other members who also post pics and info of their adventures here. Here's some pics from my fall trip checking out an area of a couple of reports.

This weeks installment is from Algonquin Provincial Park or APP NE Ontario. APP is a huge park and sort of a game preserve too. There's lot's of wildlife to see big and small, especially if you camp interior. I am reaching into my archives from a fall 2010 visit to Rock Lake. As well as a 2009 trip for this one. I plan to get up there later this winter, it's about a 4 hour trip.

Rock Lake is a more secluded camp ground about 10 minutes off of the Hwy 60 corridor. The main camps are right on hwy 60 and thats where the majority of the campers pitch tents or park their RV's. So I head into the secluded camps, less noise more wildlife experiences. This is my Fams fav camping area. Although i think i need to find another spot since the RV'ers have discovered it. So we rough it out and go off hydro to get away from the crowds.

Here's some history from the rock lake area. Also there's another report (class A) from two canoers who seen a hairy Bi-peddle type creature scramble back up an embankment from the water upon being sighted in the summer of 2009? I can't seem to find that one? I checked BFRO and a couple of others sites.

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=26285

East gate entrance, Rock lake is about 30 minutes west from here.

DSCF0157.jpg

Our campsite with a view.

DSCF0130.jpg

This Moose passed within 4-5 feet of me on the shore, I was hidden under a cedar on the bank. Which is about 4 ' higher than the water. The big male with a full rack made enough noise, they know they are protected in this park it seems.

DSCF0107.jpg

Here's a pic of one of my fav of the smallest of critters. They are super fast and saucy. Sometimes the cheeky blighters will drop acorns on you and chatter afterwards. My dog hates them, they pester her.

DSCF0122.jpg

Okay time to get down to the nitty gritty. Lets play spot the dissapearing or moving stumps or what ever they are? pic 1

DSCF0110.jpg

pic 2

DSCF0109.jpg

pic 3

DSCF0108.jpg

These pics are acually further than it looks, my cam was on max zoom. Hmmm?

Some areas I was keeping an eye on.

DSCF0177.jpg

DSCF0186.jpg

Edited by tracker

Admin

hey tracker, awesome pics. What kind of trees are those?

I wonder because it's been alleged that BF hangs around pines.

Guest tracker

hey tracker, awesome pics. What kind of trees are those?

I wonder because it's been alleged that BF hangs around pines.

A mix density but mostly cedars and pines. Cedars are great for cover and the pines bark & foilage can be eaten. Most of the area's I search in have a high concentration of those types.

Hey did you notice the moving dark shapes in those 3 similar pics?

I noticed.

Three of those "stumps" seem to have disappeared.

Are those moose in the background?

Edited by Sasfooty

Admin

No. But now that you mention it, I did noticed the camera moved from shot to shot, thus giving the appearance that the far away stump or whatever was moving. It looks like you were moving from left to right.

Don't worry, it's a common mistake to make.

Edited by gigantor

Admin

Here we go, with red circles and everything... :lol:

post-338-075831400 1295933680_thumb.jpg

post-338-064331600 1295933770_thumb.jpg

See? the camera is moving left to right.

Edited by gigantor

Guest tracker

It was kinda far but yea my guess is two female moose. Although I never seen the heads pop up once which is odd. I moved left to get different angle so I could pick out the body shapes better. Hmmm.

Here your prize, what do you see in this pic?

DSCF0178.jpg?t=1295952065

It's been -32 where I live lately, so I am using some pics from the files of my adventures. Also some places are further away and I only visit them after I get reports of activity. So if you guys want to post some of yours pic's from your adventures by all means jump in.

Edited by tracker

Guest mcgibboper

Thanks tracker. I never really worried about that because I always go prepared, if you know what I mean. That is, until the trip to the Savage river dam. It's near WV and PA, not much out there and very rugged country.

We were scouting the dam outflow creek and I gotta tell you, it was spooky even during the day. The forest is so dense and the canyon so deep, that it gets dark after 3pm in some places under the canopy. I'd hate to get stuck there overnight.

I slipped and almost sprained an ankle, that's when I thought that if you get hurt out there, a few miles away from the truck, no cell phone coverage, it could get ugly in a hurry.

We don't go out like that anymore, not just the two of us. The problem is that it's very difficult to find people that want to do that kind of thing. Oh well...

If there is one area in MD where BF might live, that is it.

gigantor,

if you ever need someone to stomp around the woods with you let me know, I live in Sourthern Md, and the wife and I are always out and about. Like you we go out by ourselves and have been in some jams with no help around.