Enoch

Guest Primate

Speaking for myself & a couple of friends now. SB can speak for himself.

I guess you don't know how it feels to have your property watched & trespassed on, your telephone bugged, & your computer tampered with or stolen.

At this point there's no proof all over the internet, but a good picture could change that, & draw all kinds of unwanted attention.

The world is full of weirdos & I don't want to meet any more of them. <_<

Guest Luckyfoot

I guess you don't know how it feels to have your property watched & trespassed on, your telephone bugged, & your computer tampered with or stolen.

At this point there's no proof all over the internet, but a good picture could change that, & draw all kinds of unwanted attention.

The world is full of weirdos & I don't want to meet any more of them. <_<

Yeah, SB won't give us a photo, but he's written 1 book and set for another . Does that seem contradictory to anyone else?

Sorry SB, I'm calling BS. You don't have any proof of a relationship w/ bigfoot. You didn't walk into a restaurant where 50 people wanted to hear you yak about your book, and you don't have that many friends to hang out in a bar with that would be interested in your online hijinks.

You have you and your wild imagination SB. Nothing more , nothing less.

• Upvote 1

Here's the difficulty I have sometimes while sitting here at the computer (at this forum specifically).

Often times I am torn. Torn, because I sit here reading posts from people, and I have no idea where they are in the US, or around the World. Only some members have an actual location (State/other) shown on their info bar to the left of each post...

Let's play make believe for a couple minutes to allow me to make my point.

Let's make up an imaginary member so that we dont upset or offend actual members here.

This member's name will be "The Postman". (Why? because I like the movie...ok ? lets move on).

So "The Postman" joins the BFF, does some reading, and when he feels comfortable he starts to make some posts here and there in some various threads.

Over time- through his own posts, the other members learn about "The Postman".

He's a rugged outdoorsy guy, who lives in the Sierra's where he has a summer cabin. He talks about the daily five mile long hikes he takes, and how he started to realize over time that "he was not alone".

As time moves on, we also learn from his experiences that he is one lucky guy- because he claims that numerous Sasquatch's are living in close proximity to his cabin.

He spends each summer there, and the Squatches keep coming back to spend time with him.

He get's to see how the little ones are growing up, and he shares all kinds of warm hearted stories, here on the forums, about how they play tricks on him at night, and how special of a relationship he's built with them over the years.

He claims to have all kinds of evidence- audio, pictures, night vision video, and that if people saw it they'd be blown away.

When asked to provide it, or even just share one tiny bit of it, he uses several of the most common excuses that many of us have heard over and over and over- and frankly are tired of.

NOW:

As member Art1972 sitting here reading "The Postman"'s posts, I have an internal struggle.

Why a struggle? Well, because I start to wonder with all the objections and diversions and excuses if "The Postman" is even who he say's he is, owns a cabin at all, or has he EVER EVEN SEEN A BIGFOOT/SASQUATCH..?

Worse, it could be some 400-lb out of shape guy, sitting at a desk chain smoking Camel-Lights, who would find it difficult to walk to the corner and back without getting winded and drenched in sweat.

He lives in a small apartment in a subdivision- where the view out his patio doors looks on a patch of woods, but through which he can see the next row of apartments. He's a half mile down the road from the local strip mall, nowhere even close to a park or stretch of woods that could actually support an existence of these creatures, but he's started to believe that they're out there.

He gets up each morning, goes to work, does what's expected of him- but he's fascinated in Bigfoot- always has been.

Each day after work, he comes home to a somewhat lonely existence, but when he signs into the BFF he becomes "The Postman".... and has an alternate universe waiting for him, that rivals any role playing online game he's tried.

His acceptance and popularity there (BFF) starts to almost define who he is.

The last thing he would ever want is this false world he's created for himself to come crashing down- that would almost be too much.

So when he has too, he embellishes certain things- and some of the members just LOVE it, they cant wait to hear more about his latest experience....

But they've bought into the "The Postman" persona, and really think they're talking to the rugged handsome "mountain man" that he's described himself as...

You see the internet is really the one place, where we can say what we want, become who we want, and there's little to restrict or reign people in as to how far they want to take it.

Does it make the guy sitting at the computer (in the real world) a bad person? Yes and no.

I myself tend to think so, but that's based on how I conduct myself.

Are some of the "Postmans" on here really who they say they are? Having the experiences they are claiming?

Well, its certainly possible, but how in the World are we supposed to know?

Hey "Postman"... you want people to treat you nicer? You want them to stop badgering you for proof/evidence?

Then STOP claiming you have it, then playing your games when they ask to see it.

Put up some pictures of where you live, the terrain around your "supposed" habituation site, and give some evidence for what YOU KEEP CLAIMING.....

Otherwise- in my opinion, the reality in my mind is probably closer to the "pretend" situation I painted above.... and that's just sad.

You know what- here, I'll even start..... Just so you all know who your really talking too....

My name is Art- no surprise there. I'm 39 years old, and I'm from Upstate NY.

Here's what i look like:

art.jpg

I grew up in, and still live in Upstate NY.... For most of my life it was deep in the western Catskill Mountains- extremely remote, lots of wilderness, and sprinkled with small towns here and there- and lots of small dairy farms... (not any more sadly). I now live further upstate- in the southern border of the Adirondack's- between Utica NY and Old Forge.

When I say I've spent the better part of my life (spare time) in the woods, hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, riding 4-wheelers, taking pictures- you name it, I've done it. I'm not bragging, just stating that I've seen alot in my years. I've come face to face with just about every wild creature that inhabits the woods of the Northeast- including several fairly close encounters with Black Bears over the years.... I've been lucky enough to catch sight of a few Bobcat's, and possibly a Canada Lynx, although they're not supposed to be as far south as where I observed it.

Ive been scared by ruffed grouse exploding up in front of me at no more than one pace away, and seen beautiful (and large) Snowshoe Hare's bounding through the woods (wearing their Winter white coat), while bird hunting (Pheasant, Grouse, mostly).

I dont ever feel the need to embellish or exaggerate the stories I tell, because some of the ones I have that are true are real doozy's.

I wouldnt trade the place where i grew up and the experiences i had for anything. I was privileged to grow up in the middle of nowhere....

Here's a photo taken on site/ on property my family owned- where I claim my one encounter years ago:

lookinbackacrossfield.jpg

My one experience ? A good sized (6.5 to 7' tall) dark brown to black bipedal animal, most resembling known descriptions of "Bigfoot", chased my brother and I down the side of a mountain- approximately 500-600 yards total, then broke off and walked casually back into the woods as I stood there looking at it. Clearly walking on two legs, clearly looked at me twice- then was gone.

Here's a picture of where we came out of the woods into a field: would have been from right to left.

downalongsideoffield.jpg

Now- do any of my pictures or description prove that what happened to me was real ?

Nope.

Does it make anyone want to believe me more than if i just make a simple claim? Not sure- probably no again.

But then again- I'm not on here every day, claiming that Bigfoot has followed me from town to town when i moved.

I'm not claiming that Bigfoot comes up on to my back deck and peeks in my windows.

I'm not claiming to have photo's or foot imprints or anything to show you.

I'm not claiming anything "EXTRAORDINARY" am I ?

My one "Bigfoot Experience" while it scared the crap out of me as a young man, and only recently left me with my own passion for the subject, fits into more of the "normal" type encounter (if there is such a thing.

And besides, I'm not trying to sell books, or "WOW" people with my incredible stories.

If I was, and especially if I claimed to have all kinds of evidence, I wouldnt be surprised in the least if people were calling me out to see it...

What do you expect? Seriously?

Art

Guest Cervelo

Art,

You should watch the movie "Catfish" it been on HBO. It is how I view everything I see on fourms or social sites. Unless I've been eyeball to eyeball with that person.

Art

Your description fits "wanna be" SEALs perfectly. We do have a list of all Navy SEALs so outing a phony is no big deal, to bad we dont have such a list for Bigfooters.

Again, well written post.

NS

two post in one here

Art- thank you for the photos of your property in N. Y. Can't remember reading your encounter but I will look for it, just one other thing, I promise not to post your picture all over the web LOL

Swamp Bandit- I was just wondering if you had signrd an avadavid when you partisipated in the Enoch book. I enjoyed the write very much by the way, but all the hyperboly that followed was a real turn-off.

ptangier

Guest krakatoa

I don't suppose you have any evidence you'd share for these occurrences either?

A police report, for instance, with your personal info redacted?

Guest wudewasa

Art,

Well organized and presented!

Here's a metaphor: don't drink the kool aid until you have read the label that lists the ingredients and then check to see if it passed inspection by the FDA

Well said Art...

SB wants to be accepted, respected and believed, without question. However, he has lied to us before. However, he did offer an explanation and wrote an apology to Autumn.

Is it enough?

I guess only Autumn can answer that question as she was the one that was smeared and defamed. His antics had no impact on my life, other than some brief entertainment.

However, I'm very disappointed with the recent attitude from SB. Most people, when found to have done something wrong, display some level of humility. You can almost sense the bitterness and arrogance in SB's posts. He mocks the members of this forum and claims to laugh at us from a bar stool while he shares our comments and discussions with the bar patrons around him, for their mutual entertainment.....

Is this the attitude and behavior of somebody that wants acceptance and forgiveness?

He claims to only want to protect the Sasquatch that live in the swamp. He wants them left alone with no human interference. For this reason, he tells us that he will not show photos or offer any kind of evidence.

However, if he's so concerned; then why would he show photos of these Sasquatch to strangers in a restaurant? Most especially since it was local and obviously, in the same area of the state where these creatures live. Why does he post on a public forum about his experiences? Why does he "tease" us be telling us he has photos but won't show them to us? Why did he agree to help write a book and claims to be working on another one? In short, for a man that claims his priority is anonymity for the Sasquatch, as well as himself; why is he even messing with us and this forum?

I think that if you read Art's previous post, it will answer all these questions.

I don't think that SB should be voted off of this forum. Considering that the Bigfoot market has been rather slow recently, he does provide a certain level of entertainment! The same kind of entertainment that one gets from visiting the carnival...

I now live further upstate- in the southern border of the Adirondack's- between Utica NY and Old Forge.

That's not far from where a young Saskeptic developed his interest in bigfoot. It's pretty country, at least between May and October.

Good stuff, Art! (Unless you're a Yankee fan;) I'd imagine there are a lot of embellishers around, or flat out L****, which I can deal with, but these types of scenarios always follow the same M.O, and seem to have the same personality types. Even within the popular researchers there seems to be a lot of personalities that are similar. They seem to have an elitist, arrogant, holier than though attitude toward the peasants of the BF world, which seems laughable to me because they don't really provide a whole lot of evidence either. As long as you put them at Rockstar status, and never disagree, or challenge them you'll be in their good graces. The BF world is definitely a strange one!

It warms the heart to see a member of the BFF staff taking a stand against this sort of thing. Kudos Art! :rock:

SA.. there is no official stance by the BFF on any aspect of Bigfoot- even as to whether it exists or not.

My comments are my personal opinion.

They shouldn't be confused as to appear that I'm making some sort of "official" comment, or that my opinions are shared by other members of staff, or the forum as a whole.

Members of staff are still allowed to take part in threads, and express opinions. Sometimes I guess we need to make it clear we are doing so as a regular member, and not a member of staff....

Apologies, I should have made that clear in my above post....

Art

(moderator hat back on ;) )

Oh- and sorry PacNWSquatcher, you got me. I'm sitting here right now with my fitted size 7-1/2 "official" wool Yankee hat on- one I bought years ago at the "old" Yankee Stadium...about 8 or 9 years ago. It's getting kind of "ratty" but i still love it- fits like a "glove". There are "some" (ewwww) in Upstate NY who route for the Patriots and the Red Sux, I guess they think they're part of "New England".... (Even though the rest of New England doesnt consider NY to be part of it...)