Wood Knocks= Humans In Area? Bf Language

Just reading a post here and blogtalk, about wood knocks possibly meaning: "Human in area" It could also be locational, just wondering if you've heard stories about multiple people hearing more than one knock in relation to group size 3 knocks 3 people, or single people hearing more than one.

And so howls would be location of individual. What are whistles? That a girl thing?

In my experience, I'd agree that it means humans are in the area. The problem is, most times it means that it's humans(bigfooters) in the area doing the knocking. Between Finding Bigfoot and YouTube, many hotspots are overrun with 'squatchers knocking and screaming their heads off. I've actually snuck up on a few.

Edited by Bonehead74

SSR Team

Bear in mind there ALWAYS has to be a human in the area to hear a wood knock.

Who knows how much knocking is done when humans are not in the area.

As for knocks with no people around, you can find out by placing a recorder to monitor an area and the common paths people take to get there. Then you can figure out whether the knocker arrived by use of the path/trail  or from off trail. Single knocks seem to be the norm, but sometimes answered by another some distance away from the first.

In my experience, I'd agree that it means humans are in the area. The problem is, most times it means that it's humans(bigfooters) in the area doing the knocking. Between Finding Bigfoot and YouTube, many hotspots are overrun with 'squatchers knocking and screaming their heads off. I've actually snuck up on a few.

And then they went home telling the world that a bf snuck up on them!  lol

Regarding single knocks, I heard a perfect, solid one this fall while in a tree stand.  It was in a mature pine area.  It was a natural sound coming from one of the trees, probably like the creaks and snaps that come from an old house or wooden ship.  Wood moves naturally and cracks and pops.  You can especially hear it in the winter in the northern climates.

t.

Edited by Terry
  • Upvote 2

^Terry, SPOT ON!

I was out for opening day of deer season, and I'm not sure exactly what the 'right' recipe was, but when I was sitting in my stand, I heard no less than 20 'knocks' in about 2.5 hrs.  Coming from all around me, it was the trees. 

I talked to the other 2 guys in our party and asked them if they heard wood knocks while out in the woods (we're all enthusiasts to a degree), and they both laughed and said 'it was the trees, I heard dozens of em'.

Subsequent days yielded no other knocks.  It had to be a temp/humidity deal or something of the like.

Puts a new perspective on wood knocks IMO.

^Terry, SPOT ON!

I was out for opening day of deer season, and I'm not sure exactly what the 'right' recipe was, but when I was sitting in my stand, I heard no less than 20 'knocks' in about 2.5 hrs.  Coming from all around me, it was the trees. 

I talked to the other 2 guys in our party and asked them if they heard wood knocks while out in the woods (we're all enthusiasts to a degree), and they both laughed and said 'it was the trees, I heard dozens of em'.

Subsequent days yielded no other knocks.  It had to be a temp/humidity deal or something of the like.

Ok, so you don' t think it was BF's warning of a guy with a gun? Was the temp/humidity that different the next day?

Because it could sound like lots of wood knocks means Extreem Danger!

The loudness of the knocks is also and indication of what it could be!

Was that a BF 'area' you were in, known to you?

EVERYONE CAN FEEL FREE TO POST STUFF FROM BFRO, AND OTHER SOURCES ON THIS! THANKS!

Edited by Wag

Guest Darrell

Wag, you are falling into the it has to be bigfoot conundrum. Most of the time a tree knock is just that, trees knocking. Im curious as to when tree or wood knocking became a bigfoot behaviour? Most of the stuff documented thru the 80's didnt include tree knocking as suspected bigfoot behaviour. However, it has always been a thing humans have done.  

Im curious as to when tree or wood knocking became a bigfoot behaviour? Most of the stuff documented thru the 80's didnt include tree knocking as suspected bigfoot behaviour.

Tree knocking associated with BF goes back hundreds of years.

Guest lightheart

I have had two experiences when I was alone on my bike. In both cases there was one really close clear knock. I believe one was within ten feet.  The forest floor was filled with thick palmettos so I couldn't observe anything. The other one was about 150 feet away and it came from high up in an oak tree. 

Edited by lightheart

I've always thought if Bigfoot used knocks it was either humans near or a kinda of "Marco"........."Polo". Or hey I'm here, where are you?

We use the Marco Polo when we pick huckleberries with the kids so they don't wander to far. I have heard trees in wind knocking and even found the knocking trees.

knock, knock..............

Edited by daveedoe

SSR Team

^Terry, SPOT ON!

I'd like to add a couple of things.

Firstly regarding knocks, what you say is cool cotter and completely understandable, but trees don't return knocks made by humans.

And secondly, I hold the intelligence of these things in such high regard, I personally wouldn't be surprised if they use wood knocking as a form of communication as they know full well trees do it too and it can be attributed to yet another " something else ", like trees.

I'll say it again, you're not 7ft plus, 400lb and completely anonymous by being up on stage for all to see and hear.

^Terry, SPOT ON!

One thing that makes me skeptical that most knocks are just tree's popping is that they should pop in your backyard ,in the park, anywhere and everywhere there are trees, yet it's more common in deep woods, and best duplicated by whacking a tree with a bat.