Wood Knocks= Humans In Area? Bf Language

When you actually hear / or / and record a "wood knock" or a " tree tap ", the sound difference between a distant gunshot, or natural tree sound.. will become more evident. Could gun shots be mistaken for wood knocks ? ..absolutely. 

I was lucky enough to record what i think was both one time, on the audio of a camcorder. The distant gunshots, and then a possible reply of several wood knocks. A gunshot  leaves a resonant echo, where the close up wood knocks I've heard, did not. From a greater distance, it gets tougher. A wood knock is not going to carry, like a gun shot. I have written off many distant nocturnal knocks, as gunshots.. although I could not be absolutely certain on the source

Edited by imonacan

Guest Cervelo

Nathan,

Not suggesting all are gunfire....but I'm sure you know what my opnion is....you feel that a man/ape guardian of the troop of Bigfoots is hanging around waiting for you to show up and warn the others of your presence.....when all they have to do is keep quiet and you'll never know their there.....ok :)

Edited by Cervelo

I'm with Cervelo on tree knocks. I've always found them worthless, simply because there are too many simple explanations, one being tree branches rubbing together. I have a couple of trees in my backyard that do it all the time. Gunshots are another likely suspect.

Nathan,

Not suggesting all are gunfire....but I'm sure you know what my opnion is....you feel that a man/ape guardian of the troop of Bigfoots is hanging around waiting for you to show up and warn the others of your presence.....when all they have to do is keep quiet and you'll never know their there.....ok :)

Cervelo , I do not know about everyone else but when we arrive we open our car doors and then close them upon exiting , some times that is all it takes.

If I hear a few knocks respond to me busting up fire wood or after we slam the car door I do not just assume that a man/ape guardian of the troop of Bigfoots is hanging around waiting for me to show up and warn the others of my presence but it very well could be the case.  :D   

It could just be knocking is practical, far more practical than the man/ape guardian running around yelling repeatedly in sasquatchian ,, The humans are coming!! The humans are coming!! ,, every time a human drops in. They would have to do something to get the attention of every individual of a dispersed family group foraging several hundred yards apart.

That being said knocking may have many meanings like - rally on my position, humans, danger, move to safety or I am here where are you ?

Hello Nathanfooter,

I like the last line the best LOL. Wouldn't it really convince everyone if a recording of a knock was answered by, "Is that you Sas?"

Cervello, sounds like the wood knocks or gun shots and really hard to tell. Thanks or posting. Just some thoughts.

...........They seem the same distance from the recorder and all sound like BF or gun shots imho.

............During nonhunting seasons some knocks will be rare from BF, trees cracking, nut crushing, rock clacks, and what else?

............BF's close knocks or pops will not as schrill or loud as a gun shot.........can imagine one being as loud as a 30-06 with a nonmuzzled rifle........ cover your ears!  BF far away knocks could also be gun shots. 

............Does BF create some slowed down, basic rhythmical pattern so tree cracks or other knocks won't be misunderstood?  Rhythmical pattern such as below and each dot may represent 4 seconds, 1 second, 1/2 second and so on.  Such as:

pop..pop..pop.......................pop.......................pop..pop.........................pop............................

I heard some knocks about 6 months ago while my wife and I were at this forested slough. It sounded like a firewood cutter, or a bigfoot wood knock.

Didn't sound like a pellet gun or 22. This area of dense woods across the slough has no roads that I know of. There are several  old and new BF reports from this area dating way back. 

This is what I heard six months ago:

pop......................pop..............................pop........................................................

then I returned the pop...........pop...............pop.......on the right tree with the right stick.  Then after a 20 second lag from across the water,  the pattern was repeated. I don't carry a recorder around while exploring for BF. It had to be a wood cutter, but really don't know. If it's BF, possibly dating before the Neanderthal or Denisovan people, it's quite stealthy, and cougars have taken lessons from BF in stealthology. It's afraid of humans, so stealth is it's badge of courage.  

Guest lightheart

Hey Nathan Good post I think that you are on to something. It is just more practical to knock in order to warn the others. This makes sense when you live a foraging lifestyle as you said. I also think they may use the concept one, two, three knocks for many. I believe I have experienced this in the forest.

When alone i have consistently heard one knock. When with my Dad i heard two. As a girl scout on hike I used to hear three. There is no way to know for sure without more experiences - but it fits with the proto-language hypothesis. This was also used during paleolithic times. When a culture is hunter-gatherer based it does not need more than the concept of one, two, and many.

Cervelo , I do not know about everyone else but when we arrive we open our car doors and then close them upon exiting , some times that is all it takes.

If I hear a few knocks respond to me busting up fire wood or after we slam the car door I do not just assume that a man/ape guardian of the troop of Bigfoots is hanging around waiting for me to show up and warn the others of my presence but it very well could be the case.  :D   

It could just be knocking is practical, far more practical than the man/ape guardian running around yelling repeatedly in sasquatchian ,, The humans are coming!! The humans are coming!! ,, every time a human drops in. They would have to do something to get the attention of every individual of a dispersed family group foraging several hundred yards apart.

That being said knocking may have many meanings like - rally on my position, humans, danger, move to safety or I am here where are you ?

That was pretty funny Nathan..................this thread is on the move so let's not polarize...........for awhile.

Nathan,

Cervello, maybe Nathan just hit on an area where a BF clan really lives. Once in an area, my opinion is they stay due to a hidden cave, great homesite on a cliff, or old trailer. Keep us posted Nathan.................take some apples and hang them around. It's a great mystery.

I already have hung apples around LOL , there is a pic of them on my research blog.     EDIT to say - apples that is.

Edited by NathanFooter

There is now several reports of a person seeing a sasquatch knock on a tree, I personally have heard power knocks and more common mid volume knocks up close { within 50 yards }. There is no way in these instances they could have been gun shots but I do believe that some knocking reports are the result of gun fire.  

I have several up close recordings from this summers research efforts that I will be sharing in the coming months that are plainly wood on wood sound that seem to be in direct response to my busting up of wood for the fire.

So its like saying: Oh yea? "Knock Knock", -hows them apples, I can knock too!" That sounds really juvi to me. Please give more detail NF, if you have any. Are these the same BF?

Hey Nathan Good post I think that you are on to something. It is just more practical to knock in order to warn the others. This makes sense when you live a foraging lifestyle as you said. I also think they may use the concept one, two, three knocks for many. I believe I have experienced this in the forest.

When alone i have consistently heard one knock. When with my Dad i heard two. As a girl scout on hike I used to hear three. There is no way to know for sure without more experiences - but it fits with the proto-language hypothesis. This was also used during paleolithic times. When a culture is hunter-gatherer based it does not need more than the concept of one, two, and many.

Aha, thats what I was looking for! So 3 knocks could be 'more than one' -very good, thanks!

Edited by Wag

It's very disappointing that a member would be acting like this in my opinion.

That's not saying that I think you know exactly what tree knocks mean and are keeping it secret, but to be trying to coax people into posting what they think then saying " Nice try, but..." Etc as if you know the answer when you highly likely certainly don't, is not a great way to go about things.

Fixing stuff is cool.

Guest lightheart

Hey Wag Just a hypothesis given my experiences.

I did a lot of reading around the idea of proto-language there for a while. I think that looking at paleolithic culture, symbology, andl language offers some possible insights into the big guys.

Edited by lightheart