Friend Or Foe?

Guest VioletX

SSR Team

A huge grizzly or kodiak bear, I'd want to put distance from..... in a hurry! A Sasquatch, I'd walk up to it if this were possible. Reason, I just don't get that danger-vibe.

You can't say that for sure Aaron.

Would you, hand on heart, walk straight up to an 8ft tall unknown Monster, in the middle of absolute nowhere, in the pitch black of a forest ?

I know the answer and it'd be the same as every other person on this planet bar NONE..;)

MJi5i - As for me I would quite honestly,depending if the encounter was freaking me out or not, just try to be as calm as possible and stay perfectly still.

BobbyO- it would also depend how close the encounter was but its not a good idea to traverse the woods without bear spray(wonder if that would be a deterent) and it may be how the Sasquatch reacted on how I would react to an encounter.

SSR Team

Good luck to you if you did, i get the feeling you might need it.

Guest Luckyfoot

BobbyO- it would also depend how close the encounter was but its not a good idea to traverse the woods without bear spray(wonder if that would be a deterent) and it may be how the Sasquatch reacted on how I would react to an encounter.

I've read that some bears have developed a tolerance to bear spray or simpy doesn't seem to faze them.

Kinda wonder what BF's reaction would be. " Look! it brought it's own hot sauce ! mmmmm . ..spicy !"

BobbyO, it'd depend on my mood at the time I guess. My off the cuff answer is I am so sick of not knowing what they are I would walk up to one--but then again, I'm of the camp the believes they are just giant hairy people who possibly understand english. Hence the fear factor isn't nearly the same as a big bear, cougar, etc....

Pretty darn giant for people! One of the ones I saw was easily ten feet tall- it was already 6 feet tall seated on its rear. If they are doing their best to avoid us, when would they ever get a chance to learn English??

He could be handing out lollypops and I'm still not walking up to him. :)

Right- that would make him extra creepy...

I said "possibly" understand english; wasn't being adamant about it....and 10 ' is a tall guy, but what do we really know for sure? But one thing that really confuses me, why would a 10 foot tall anything want to hide from us puny humans?

They don't kill for the "fun" of it.

Neither do I, but you can bet the farm that I'd be packing heat if I went on a bigfoot expedition.

RayG

Is BF a friend or foe?

Imagine going to your back yard and find a group of three people standing there talking. Now you look them over and they are armed, talking trash, and acting weird. Do you want them there or are you going to call the cops? Now if you are a BF, calling the cops means getting some adults and heaving rocks with accuracy, tossing sharp brancnes, screaming, and pushing trees over? Is BF justified?

Now imagine the next day hearing people in your back yard again. They are not armed, putting out apples and peanut butter on crackers and leaving them up in tree branches. They hang out for awhile and have a picnic. You are getting tired of them. Are you going to call the cops, or give out a weird scream to get rid of them?

Now imagine you are a BF and a friend comes back home with a bullet hole in the arm. It leads you to the culprit. Are you going to toss a rock or charge and rip the human apart? Now if BFs are close to humans or more than humans, they probably think in this logical manner.

But one thing that really confuses me, why would a 10 foot tall anything want to hide from us puny humans?

BF are pretty big for sure. So that means they probably eat more too... and if they are predators, the last thing they would want to do is give away their position, as that would mean that they go hungry. So they are secretive as a direct result of their size.

SSR Team

Let's get one on the lab slab then we can postulate on whether they are aggressive or passive.

No Crow, let's be allowed to talk and speculate on a BF related public Forum without being told not to before that happens as " we " don't seem to be doing a great deal where getting one on a slab is concerned to be perfectly honest.. :)