Which Of These Does Bf Look Like?

Guest Theagenes

Which of these does BF look like?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Theagenes

Poll for Witnesses Only Please!

I've put together this group of reconstructed images of prehistoric apes and hominins ranging from the most apelike to the most human-like and I'd it would be interesting to see if we can tie any particular species to eye witness descriptions. Please don't take this poll if you are not a witness or if you are a witness but did not see the creatures face.

For witnesses: Don't look at hair or skin color as those are conjecture. Focus on the shape of the face---the eyes, the nose, the brow ridge, the chin, the forehead, etc.

Thanks and let's have fun with this and see if we can learn something!

hominid2sm.jpg

Edited by Theagenes
  • Upvote 1

I voted D because it's the closest, but the nose isn't right & the upper lip is too long. That was just the one that I saw really close.

None of these have the intelligence that I saw in the eyes.

Subject F looks like he was posing for his high school year book photo.

edited for spelling

Edited by spacemonkeymafia

Guest Theagenes

They either look heavy early man or heavy ape...never really both.

And that's why I included the none of the above category. I think if a majority say that it's none of the known hominids that's pretty significant in it's own right.

Remember too, though that with the reconstructions the artist was only guessing at how hairy the faces are and how dark the skin is. Obviously BF is probably hairier than some of these reconstructions so try to imagine these same facial features but with more hair.

Guest Theagenes

^A lot of googling. Most of them come from museum reconstructions. I tried to find reconstructions that had as much hair as possible (some keep their reconstructions bald), as BF could be a hominin that is simply hairier than we think.

I hope that more people that have had sightings will vote in this poll. To me credible eye witness accounts are some of the most intriguing evidence and I would really like to see if there is a pattern that we can tie in with known hominid candidates.

Also, if you do vote "none of the above" or "combination of two" and you feel comfortable sharing, please explain your answer. For example "It has a nose like J but an upper lip like H." If it is an unknown hominid that might give us a clue as to where it might go on the "family tree."

Edited by Theagenes

I voted D because it's the closest, but the nose isn't right & the upper lip is too long. That was just the one that I saw really close.

I did not see the face (sorry), but- D is the only one that has the hair right (I saw I side profile). I don't see a peak in the rear of the cranium, which was really visible on both that I saw.

Most like "C". The face was striking because it was much longer, wider, and flatter than a Human face. The hair was the same color and length as a orangutan. Hands were a darker color like the hair on the body. The face was lighter in color than the rest if the body. I estimate the subject was 6.5 to 7 feet tall.

Edited by Florida reader