Which Of These Does Bf Look Like?

Guest Theagenes

Which of these does BF look like?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, and I am sorry looks like I did not understand completely what information you were after - you obviously don't want to list unknowns if you want the closest known! That being said, that image is not a dead ringer for what I observed but it much closer than any in the known list you provided.

as mentioned yesterday, this topic is now pinned at the top of the General Discussion area...

I'll leave it here for a while, and at some point down the road if it seems that interest has died off, or there's no recent posts, I'll make a decision to un-pin it at that time...

-A-

Guest Theagenes

Yes, and I am sorry looks like I did not understand completely what information you were after - you obviously don't want to list unknowns if you want the closest known! That being said, that image is not a dead ringer for what I observed but it much closer than any in the known list you provided.

Well, that's okay though. The fact that many people are like you, saying that BF doesn't look like any of the choices is also very significant. That's why the "none of the above" choice was there. It may mean that we're barking up the wrong tree (or knocking? :P ) by trying to tie BF into a known hominin or hominid. BF may be a descendent of one of these types that has evolved into something completely different.

Or it may be that it is a close relative of one of these types, but the like of hair on these reconstructions and the presence of hair obscurring BF's features is making it impossible to say for sure. It's interesting that the Erickson face has a very human-like nose.

Or it may be that it is a close relative of one of these types, but the like of hair on these reconstructions and the presence of hair obscurring BF's features is making it impossible to say for sure. It's interesting that the Erickson face has a very human-like nose.

And that is the feature in that image that is most unlike what I saw, in which the nose was not that prominent, but was probably much flatter and largely obscured by hair. The relatively thin lips and mustached effect shown in that image is the most similar to what I saw.

SSR Team

B for me, although only because it was the closest and not necessarily exactly the same.

Or you can always ask one of the BFF's super friendly mods/admins if they would mind pinning a thread- so it remains at the top of the section...

We love to help out when we can, not just to deal with the disciplinary stuff.... ;)

I'll pin this topic at the top of the General Discussion section for a while, and see if that doesnt help keep interest up !

Art

EDIT- ** or tomorrow when we get some of the current ongoing "bugs" worked out of the forums performance....

Thank You Art, it never occurred to me to ask.

Another interesting poll question might be: "If you were to see a Bigfoot, which of these would you most expect it to look like?"

That would be interesting.

Guest Theagenes

AZbigfoot, I'd been hoping you would weigh in. Your sighting is one of the most compelling I've read here.

You saw it through a scope, right? Is your choice based more on the hair or the facial features?

Yes I did, on 9X for well over a minute. I couldn't tell you exactly how long, but it wasn't just a fleeting glimpse. I guess that makes all the difference in the world (to me), as far as reassuring me in what I saw. Had I walked up that ridge a bit later and maybe just caught a peak at something large leaving the scene, I imagine the doubts would had completely taken over. Anyway, the things that really make me choose that particular image are the facial features and the way the head sits on the shoulders. I know it's been said quite a bit, but it really didn't seem to have much of a neck. It certainly didn't have a thin neck with a nice, small, round head like many of the other images show. I also wouldn't say it was totally ape-ish or gorilla like, but it absolutely was not what we've traditionally seen a "caveman" described as. When I've discussed it with the people I hang out with, I've boiled it down to one description and it's about the best I can do. I would call it a "Buffed Patty".

Most people are saying "D" so far and there is nothing about that pic that looks human to me. I wonder where the human description is coming from?

I wonder if the "D" selection has as much to do with the build and hair as it does the face. Most descriptions I hear or see suggest a creature with the hair and of "D" but the face of "J".

CT. one of the more human descriptions I've seen would be here, from the woodape camp.

http://www.texasbigf...port/detail/429

This is J and D combined. This was also my closest, its still isn't perfect but very reminiscent. I posted this a page or so back but have since updated it a little with some subtle animation.

Facegif.gif

great thread, just want to say thanks again to all.

Paige, does that rendition replicate the hair beneath the nose? Could you tell from your view if that nose tip or membranes were wet, or of different texture?

I think someone noted a question should be" what did you expect BF to look like" and I think they are alluding to how our world views or bias might influence how we recall....valid point.

But, I also think the division seen on this poll might allude to what many feel, there are possibly two or more types? Is a picture more Orang/Lemur like emerging for the SE and the classic Sas the PacNW?

Or, the variability is such it is difficult to draw generalities? Like us, from Inuit to Persian, Irish to Zulu...that a "facial look" might be misleading as representing the species?

I am curious also, if the dramatic eye shine (nice animation ) I have seen, and others, is "something' that belongs to all" across the species, or only some....

along the same lines as the Rhinum idea..if it is so, then it would be species wide....regardless of look?

Edited by apehuman

This is almost exactly what I saw, except the nose and mouth are too wide, & I think the eyes were solid brown, with no white. He was maybe a few years younger than this picture appears to be, & the hair was a finer texture.

I chose D because it was the least "different" one on the list, although very little like what I saw.

IrwinBFPic_zps87c17cc1.jpg

Edited by Sasfooty