My Sighting, I Think?

Guest fire eyes

Guest fire eyes

I'm not sure what you mean,but as i said if it really wanted to harm me or whoever elese it has seen no one would know what happened. As i said my dad is a big powerful man, i would hate to see this thing mad!

Sasfooty(cute name) thanks for understanding.

Julio126,i have been to that specific sandbar 8-10 times in a 2yr time frame. I wasn't scared stiff, but i was worried. If it wanted to harm me it could of with ease. Like i said it stepped out of the tree line as if to get a better look at me i guess? I do want to go back to that sandbar again, but i want to be prepared, for what i dont know. The harvesting clams sounds true, there are always tons of shells right there, but i haven't seen any odd tracks in the sand? I guess i wasn't looking for them either.

One theory is they don't leave tracks so humans won't know their position. How far is the closest house to the sandbar? The BF wanders the whole creek basin and has a nest and family somewhere most likely.

Bigfoots like gifts so you might try something. You could go back there and leave some apples, peanut butter, or shiny toys. BF seems to like funny little toys. Put them high up in a tree where other animals can't reach if possible. Others have done this and eventually the BF becomes less afraid of the human.

Guest fire eyes

How cool! I will do that. There is a old farmstead an 1/8 mile or so from the sandbar & a back water that flows in the direction it came out of the tree line at. I have never been back that far. Maybe take my dog with just to alert me. Toys?, very cool!

Your dad is right, do not give out your location. You'd be sorry.

Are you hoping to see one again? If I wanted to see a sasquatch, I would take binoculars, cell phone, digital camera/video camera, and sealed snacks and water. Let someone at home know your location. Go slowly once there. Make a loud weird noise to announce yourself, like a loud whistle or a wood knock, one for every person in your group, then be quiet and take it slow. Sit still from time to time. Use your eyes to search, look for something that catches your eye, doesn't look quite right. Think before you take the dog, it might scare bf off. Although many researchers do take their doggies. Depends on the hound. Don't dress like a hunter.

Take a gun, you might need it, but I don't think you'll need it for any sasquatches. They leave us alone mostly. Have a good time. Go with a light heart and for adventure and curiosity. Respect the squatch. If you see them, pretend you don't, it makes them nervous. Come to think of it, it makes us nervous, too.

Edited by Kings Canyon

I hope I was not misunderstood asking about the fear thing. Im glad you didn't feel that. I asked because I believe when they (the BF) feels threatened or perhaps they are surprised .. they give off a pheromone (for lack of a better description) that is fear generating. Skunks have a stink pheromone system that is similar. So to me its a good indication it was aware of you well in advance. Your Dad sounds like a man of good character, I don't like even killing bugs anymore. Especially after watching that movie ants with my Kid way back when... heh

Welcome fire eyes.

Kill it of course. Get a type specimen.

Or you could try to understand them and do some research on them.

There's no need to resort to killing something just because you're afraid of it or don't understand it.

Guest fire eyes

Thanks to everyone for all the great tips & understanding. I love guns & have two of my own a 2shot .45 & a double barrel 10gage my grandpa gave to me, but it is a bit much for me. I was taught to only kill if i was being killed myself or for food. You said wood knocking? I hear that alot, not woodpeckers, but like a bat hitting a tree. Prob not what you were talking about?

Admin

There's no need to resort to killing something just because you're afraid of it or don't understand it.

No, for science, so the species gets recognized and then protected by the government.

Guest fire eyes

The thought of protecting it is a good one, but we dont need the spineless goverment leaders in the wildlife management business. We can do that on our own. Has one ever been shot? If not we are already protecting them.

No, for science, so the species gets recognized and then protected by the government.

Some, like myself, don't necessarily care if the species is recognized, and given the track record of our government, they're the last group of people I'd want managing the recognition and existence of the species.

They're way better off at this point taking care of themselves in obscurity.

You can't shoot one, they might be people or at least too close to be shooting it. Besides, they are never alone. So don't.

And yes, they have been shot on occasion, usually when mistaken for a moose or something. Accidentally. Although someone recently shot two here in California, see the threads about the Sierra Shooting and all that.

You might want to educate your self on the subject. I recommend you start by reading the reports on BFRO's website, and Oregon Bigfoot reports, too. The BFRO bulletin board is worth a read, too, but remember they are not the last word on bigfoot, just one voice of many. Try "Squatchmarks" for a list of every resource available (thanks, Stan C.).

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest fire eyes

Kings Canyon, your right to say "educate"myself. Thats why I'm here, to do just that. I will check out this bigfoot group you spoke of. I have spoke to one other person about my sighting yesterday & he also mentioned this BFRO? He said not to get involved with them id be sorry. He even told my dad what they have done to people & property. So i don't know about them i guess.....sound like bad people to me, but I'm open minded.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic