New Method To Experience Bf...

Guest TooRisky

Guest TooRisky

I have been trying a new concept idea that seems to work to a certain point… I am now full time in the woods boondocking and trying to figure out how this species thinks and acts… What I am doing in just setting up my van dwelling camp, no fire, very low light, no cameras, no microphones, no IR nothing but a small CD player with speakers playing the melodic music of Pink Floyd but not blasting it… The week long experiment brought in 2 nights back to back of close encounters meaning that I could never see them I could defiantly smell them… a note on the smell is that I am now pretty sure I am smelling carrion (sp) in which would mean they roll in their kills like so many other predator’s… The smell is layered with a very musky scent and what appears to smell like wet dog/urine… They seemed to stay till I decided to go to bed and do not think they ever came into camp; nothing was disturbed, and nothing missing and no prints… So maybe it is too simple to get them to give a little attention, heck the price is right as nothing really is needed less than a cheap CD player and cheap speakers… just chill out, pay them no attention, forget the pictures and video, just experience the experience…

TooRisky

PS: This is for yourself, no groups, and no there wont be any pictures or video... Do you wanna experience BF or prove the species exists...? Ya first have to be comfortable by yourself in the woods camping alone, then ween off the fire and become friends with the dark, then the experience will happen if they are about...

TR:

Very Cool.

Do you anticipate this is step one in a modular approach to bring them in even closer and eventually within camera or thermal range?

Keep up the hard work.

Slab

Edited by slabdog

Great stuff, TR, and very intriguing. I truly like the approach. Non-threatening, the music just right so as not to be frightening to the creature, and enough to inspire curiosity and a possible close encounter. Best of luck.

Guest TooRisky

i must admit i have changed here in the past year, i really don't consider myself a researcher any more but rather a witness... I no longer care if anyone believes, to each there own... thus no cameras or any of the other stuff to "prove" for others... :blush:

^^^^

I am honestly curious...

Why the change in philosophy?

Don't feel the need to quickly respond...I would wager to guess it's a complex answer.

Edited by slabdog

That is so cool. Yet another reason to like BF. They dig Pink Floyd! Please tell me they really respond to "Is There Anybody Out There?" That would be perfect.

Guest TooRisky

^^^^

I am honestly curious...

Why the change in philosophy?

Don't feel the need to quickly respond...I would wager to guess it's a complex answer.

Why my change in philosophy… I had my first class A back in 1985 and have been looking very hard ever since… I have gone the path of technology to include thousands of dollars in IR, sound, video, perimeter alarms and vehicles specially built for Sasquatch research… All this gear and all this time never really got the results I wanted… I was out camping and thinking about everything and Ol’ Biggie came to mind and the thought of fame and fortune has left me, protection means science admitting the species is out there and that would mean its demise, so what is left… just friendship, I guess a weird bond which very well maybe one way but a bond on my part at least… How could I take part in what we all know will happen one day, when the species is “found†their fate is set… Humans are humans and have a track record of killing off species in the name of science… I will have no part in this; I will not have blood on my hands… From now on I just want to experience with the gigantic hope that maybe one day maybe an apple can be exchanged from hand to hand… LOL maybe a bar of soap to wash that funk off themselves also…

• Upvote 1

Admin

So, you didn't see them, there were no tracks, you only smelled something... hummm.

How do you know it was BF?

Guest wild eyed willy

Is it possible you may play some other artists as well? There is really some very good music out there.

While you are out do you cook or get grinders/ hoggies/subs.? ( everyone has a different name for them) Do you have a fire during the day?

TR , they don't seem to mind the audio recording.

On the subject of discovery and protection, just keep in mind that humans have not been very successful in hunting BF so far. I honestly don't see the public turning into a bunch of poachers. Proof would mean acceptance, but it would also mean education of the public and hunters, plus laws against shooting them, people don't need to be shooting at bipeds anyways. There would also be a few less misidentified BF shot as bears, which reinforces the ID of a game animal prior to taking a shot, particularly if homicide is a potential consequence.

Guest TooRisky

So, you didn't see them, there were no tracks, you only smelled something... hummm.

How do you know it was BF?

After 20 years I know the smell... Or there is no such thing as BF and i was delusional... take you pick or add an answer...

Is it possible you may play some other artists as well? There is really some very good music out there.

While you are out do you cook or get grinders/ hoggies/subs.? ( everyone has a different name for them) Do you have a fire during the day?

I do not start fires, just don't use them at all for a lot of reasons, but the biggest is loss of night vision and i think Ol' Biggie doesn't like them... i cook on a BBQ and/or a propane stove and i also buy food that doesn't need to be cooked...

Guest slimwitless

That is so cool. Yet another reason to like BF. They dig Pink Floyd! Please tell me they really respond to "Is There Anybody Out There?" That would be perfect.

I'm guessing they're more likely to be fans of the early post-Barrett Floyd. 1971-1975

TooRisky... good to see you back posting on here.

I'm wondering if you think your being observed- even if its in low light, maybe have some things to eat there.

They see you nibbling on some cookies or something, then you pitch a few pieces about 15-20 feet out/away and see if at some point (whether you were awake or not) something came out and ate them...

Would doubtless leave some nice tracks anyways...

I like the "trusting" approach you've chosen. I can see it being more successful than them feeling uncomfortable around you- with all the equipment etc of the past..

Art