New Method To Experience Bf...

Guest TooRisky

Is it possible you may play some other artists as well? There is really some very good music out there.

Just don't play Dude Looks Like A Lady by Aerosmith or bf could take it as an insult and get mad. The "GOW GOW GIGIGIGIGIGIGI GOWWW" screaming part might throw it into a rage too.

Guest Luckyfoot

Just don't play Dude Looks Like A Lady by Aerosmith or bf could take it as an insult and get mad. The "GOW GOW GIGIGIGIGIGIGI GOWWW" screaming part might throw it into a rage too.

...... Or be carefull of going too far in the other direction with something too romantic like Luther Vandros. You may get a too close experience! :wub:

Edited by Luckyfoot

I have been trying a new concept idea that seems to work to a certain point… I am now full time in the woods boondocking and trying to figure out how this species thinks and acts… What I am doing in just setting up my van dwelling camp, no fire, very low light, no cameras, no microphones, no IR nothing but a small CD player with speakers playing the melodic music of Pink Floyd but not blasting it…

PS: This is for yourself, no groups, and no there wont be any pictures or video... Do you wanna experience BF or prove the species exists...? Ya first have to be comfortable by yourself in the woods camping alone, then ween off the fire and become friends with the dark, then the experience will happen if they are about...

Good points to bring up TR. Either your doing it for the experience or trying to prove something? The majority of witness have almost no gadgets at all when they have a sighting or an encounter. Low tech or no tech is the way to go IMO too.

Tracker wink.gif

I dig your approached I tried that ...because I could'nt afford all all the fancy stuff .....be nature ....be the creature.....be quiet ....shut up ...I get tired of these so-called researchers ...on youtube ...blabbing loudly in their vids.......shut the fries up ..how natural are humans?

Be careful and watch out for bears, especially if you can't see one coming towards you. Sorry to sound sour on your approach, but that was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the tossing cookies part.

... a small CD player with speakers playing the melodic music of Pink Floyd but not blasting it...

Have you tried Ummagumma...it's so trance-like.

After you get tired of PF...there's Tangerine Dream, Enya, Kitaro...etc, etc. I can supply ya. :)

Guest TooRisky

After you get tired of PF...there's Tangerine Dream, Enya, Kitaro...etc, etc. I can supply ya. :)

Ahhh Oregonman my friend... i know your taste in music and have thought of asking you about Pink Floyd type music... Ya know when i said they were around but the salmon were not running, that is when i was visited up over on buck creek/airstrip... I am using early Pink and they seem not to mind if it loops, very weird but hey i love the music and it seems to work on the warm nights when the stars are out and all is very quiet... So if you can find me the heavey melodic music with out heavey riffs or drum solos I will defiantly try them... i am thinking some Pearl jam may work also....

Edited by TooRisky

Admin

yeah dude, like, the melody enchants the mind into the real sublime existence of the BF, defined, yet flexible sphere of apprehension, surreal man, surreal.

I can only imagine the unhinged, existential experience of the raw animalistic being within oneself, the powerful earthliness harnessed for a few brief seconds that an encounter with such a being must feel like.

I envy you!

Edited by gigantor

In late afternoon I go to a squatchy area, near the water and the road, sit, sing a bit, talk to them a little, and wait. I do take a digital camera. I get results I find satisfactory. Probably weird, but a lot less weird to them than tree smacking and stalking them around the woods.

Guest Roberty-Bob

I think I would skip "Careful with that axe, Eugene" though. Or edit the last part out.

Has anyone experimented with the more primitive instruments like drum and flute? Good to hear some different approaches. Thanks TR for sharing the results.